The Lodger (3111/511)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    I'm a total spoiler phoebe when it comes to Doctor Who or anything from the Whoniverse. Sometimes even knowing the smallest things can lead to ideas which leads to other sorts of thinking. The impact of surprises can be lessened and instead of an "OMG, I cannot believe what I just saw there!" the reaction could be a "YES! I knew I was right!". I'm of the preference for the "OMG, I cannot believe what I just saw there!" reaction. I like surprises.
    I am as well with this particular series and it has made it very enjoyable to watch and be surprised. Which is why it distresses me that I wait to come into a thread about the episode till after it airs and there is so much discussion and speculation on the next episode without being in spoilers. Shouldn't that speculation be in the thread for that episode? I don't watch the trailers because they give too much away and then I come in here and it's given away anyway. I'm from the US and we are unfortunately behind you. I hope the last episode isn't ruined for me that way. Sorry to whine but we aren't as fortunate you all to be able to see the episodes as quickly. Although at least we aren't having to wait months this time.

Very enjoyable ep. Quite different with it taking place mostly in a flat. Will be interesting to see what Amy remembers having found the ring. It's obvious she remembers something by the look on her face.
    Shelly
    My Photos
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RDAfan61 View Post
      I am as well with this particular series and it has made it very enjoyable to watch and be surprised. Which is why it distresses me that I wait to come into a thread about the episode till after it airs and there is so much discussion and speculation on the next episode without being in spoilers. Shouldn't that speculation be in the thread for that episode? I don't watch the trailers because they give too much away and then I come in here and it's given away anyway. I'm from the US and we are unfortunately behind you. I hope the last episode isn't ruined for me that way. Sorry to whine but we aren't as fortunate you all to be able to see the episodes as quickly. Although at least we aren't having to wait months this time.

Very enjoyable ep. Quite different with it taking place mostly in a flat. Will be interesting to see what Amy remembers having found the ring. It's obvious she remembers something by the look on her face.
      I don't think the threads opened before the episode in question aired, so unless somebody started up a specific thread to speculate on each episode, it basically had to be in the thread for the last one - especially since they all end with a 'Next Time' teaser.

It's a shame, and very annoying, and I know how horrible it is - I had the series finales for Stargate Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica completely ruined for me this way - but unfortunately, there's not much can be done about it beyond simply staying away.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

OK, did anyone else notice the doctors face in the mold on the ceiling?
        no means no, and so does pepper spray
        Sig by The Carpenter
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
          OK, did anyone else notice the doctors face in the mold on the ceiling?
          Okay, I've been looking at screencaps of the ep for ten minutes...I can't see it. To my eyes there may be a tiny, very vague resemblance to the First Doctor, but that's it. Then again, I was always useless at those Magic Eye things too.
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Try when the roomie is looking at the ceiling before he touches the mold stuff
            Sig by The Carpenter
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
              Try when the roomie is looking at the ceiling before he touches the mold stuff
              I'm looking...I can see an eye and a bit of floppy hair if I really squint. It's no good - Girlbot, I think we need screenies!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                I'm looking...I can see an eye and a bit of floppy hair if I really squint. It's no good - Girlbot, I think we need screenies!!
                That might be it, but it was obvious enough, that it made me think that other faces of people who had disappeared upstairs might start to appear, and the the Dr's face was part of him being absorbed cause of the problem with the Tardis. Those were the two thoughts that instantly came to mind when I saw it.
                Sig by The Carpenter
                sigpic

Comment

i enjoyed this episode. i soo wouldn't want the doctor as a room mate
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post

The big reveal through the Doctor headbutting Corden was brilliant.

':O YOU'RE A . . . '

'Yes, Eleven.'
                    i think that's the first time since i started watching the series that the doctor has acknowledged which regeneration he's on.
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      i think that's the first time since i started watching the series that the doctor has acknowledged which regeneration he's on.
                      Puts to rest all those theories that there were more Doctors before Hartnell that never appeared on screen

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                        Puts to rest all those theories that there were more Doctors before Hartnell that never appeared on screen
                        Indeed. Theories which were, IMHO, utter nonsense. All those other faces that appeared in The Brain of Morbius were clearly meant to be Morbius' past incarnations and not those of the Doctor.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

you know guys, what you can do is start a 'episode 3112 pre airing thread' where you can speculate to your hearts content.

I do believe, in this and every episode thread, the phrase is 'spoilers for this episode but nothing beyond'
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed this one too. As much as Vincent and the Doctor, I'd say. For different reasons though. VatD was more for the drama and this one more for the humor. Sooo funny... I've decided that 11 is my second favorite Doctor after 10. Sorry, 9... you're awesome, but... 11 juuust passed you.

The Doctor living a "normal, modern life" was absolutely hilarious! I can't say the rest of the plot was all that interesting, though. It was OK.
                            Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

I re-watched The Lodger again late last night. Once again, I found that this episode is one of my favorites in series 5, right along with Vincent and the Doctor.

Now when the series 5 soundtrack is released, I really hope some of the selections from this episode's soundtrack is included, particularly when the Doctor was playing football. It's a greatly enjoyable track, especially when you stop to consider that it's musically similar in some respects to "The Clouds Pass"—the music that played when the Master saved the Doctor in The End of Time.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                                I re-watched The Lodger again late last night. Once again, I found that this episode is one of my favorites in series 5, right along with Vincent and the Doctor.

Now when the series 5 soundtrack is released, I really hope some of the selections from this episode's soundtrack is included, particularly when the Doctor was playing football. It's a greatly enjoyable track, especially when you stop to consider that it's musically similar in some respects to "The Clouds Pass"—the music that played when the Master saved the Doctor in The End of Time.
                                The Series 5 soundtrack is great, and it is already out - at least it is in the UK. The track you're thinking of is called A Useful Striker, and I think it is also intended to have some musical similarity to one or two football programs here in Blighty. I can't say for sure, because I'm not a football fan (or a sports fan of any kind).
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X