The Lodger (3111/511)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
    You know, I actually hadn't thought of the TARDIS interior being a reflection of the good Doctor's own personality. Obvious, when I think about it (especially since they're telepathically linked), but I just completely overlooked it!

The fact that he had to nab the Doctor's (unless it was just closer and more fun to torment his old foe with) at the end of the Universe, and still only had the one despite at least one return trip suggests it is neither there nor here...literally. Presumably it was destroyed or abandoned during his escape from the Time War. Of course, that's speculation, and until such time as he is resurrected - again - we probably won't know. Unless we get an ep dealing specifically with the Doctor finding the Master's TARDIS...hmm, I wonder if they accept freelance scripts...
    When the Master turned himself into a human he might have unknowingly left his TARDIS on a planet that was destroyed as the end of everything closed in. But then again I'm sure the Master would have taken precautions to safeguard his TARDIS. In the past he's remote dematerialised his TARDIS to keep it out of harms way until needed. He might have done that again.

There've been a few rumours of the Rani appearing in this series, haven't there? Mostly from The Sun, so make of that what you will (though I'm reasonably sure they've had accurate Who leaks before). We've still got two episodes to go, and Moffat's writing them, so who knows?
    Indeed. With rumours of Gillian Anderson in the role. With Doctor Who anything could happen and anyone could return. I'm sure Moffat has plenty of great aliens and monsters and deranged characters in store for the Doctor to encounter...the Rani might be amongst them. As the Doctor once said..."Time will tell. It always does."

In this ep, the Doctor says "someone's attempt at building a TARDIS"...so could that line in itself be somewhat telling? Who has the know-how and need to build something that approximates a TARDIS?
    The Daleks. They've done it before...but why would they use a humanoid hologram to ask for help? Of course the Daleks have used psychological strategies to get them what they've wanted before and could have been again.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      Indeed. With rumours of Gillian Anderson in the role.
      That's a thunk thread waiting to happen. You have no idea how much I want that rumour to be true.

The Daleks. They've done it before...but why would they use a humanoid hologram to ask for help? Of course the Daleks have used psychological strategies to get them what they've wanted before and could have been again.
      Thought it might be...especially, I'd think, the now defunct part-human Daleks - who seemed much more open to 'sneaky' tactics. Damn that human factor!
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

That's a thunk thread waiting to happen. You have no idea how much I want that rumour to be true.
        Oh, I think I do know.

Thought it might be...especially, I'd think, the now defunct part-human Daleks - who seemed much more open to 'sneaky' tactics. Damn that human factor!
        It might be possible that the pure Daleks have lost such tactics as psychological warfare. In the past the Daleks captured non-Dalek lifeforms who were usually young and imaginative and then plugged and enslaved them into their battle computers to give them the tactical edge. Maybe the new Daleks will need to resort to doing that again? If so, then I say pity the person that get plugged in to one of those machines. Their mind may never fully recover from the stresses.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin's_Legacy View Post
          The ship wasn't necessarily a TARDIS. The doctor said it was a Time Engine.
          True, but it's interior did look pretty TARDISlike, it was bigger on the inside and it utilised Perception Flilter technology. All these are hallmarks of TARDISes as opposed to the Time Agency's "Space Hoppers."

Now it's mentioned though, it did look kinda Dalek, and those controls did look perfect for a Dalek plunger. I'm sure it's been mentioned in the past that Dalek Time Machines and TARDISes are very similar, or did I make this up?

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
          I personnally would gave up the football team to learn where the doctor got 40k from
          Sonicing an ATM, he's done it before.

an also where he got the ear piece from to.
          Carphone Warehouse?

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
            True, but it's interior did look pretty TARDISlike, it was bigger on the inside and it utilised Perception Flilter technology. All these are hallmarks of TARDISes as opposed to the Time Agency's "Space Hoppers."

Now it's mentioned though, it did look kinda Dalek, and those controls did look perfect for a Dalek plunger. I'm sure it's been mentioned in the past that Dalek Time Machines and TARDISes are very similar, or did I make this up?

Sonicing an ATM, he's done it before.

Carphone Warehouse?
            It wasn't bigger on the inside. Remember when the perception field dropped the thing was as big as the house.

As for the ear piece, he had that on when he got thrown out of the TARDIS.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              What is wrong with the new TARDIS interior? It is the very best it has ever been.
              It is, until we sure the interior of the alien Tardis, which I think is better than the new one an more original an darker which is more representative of the current doctor. Plus I like the modern feel an would love to see the doctor have customising it to his own taste.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              It wasn't bigger on the inside. Remember when the perception field dropped the thing was as big as the house.
              It looks bigger to me on the inside than the outside, different portions an all, but that could be the three different departments not communicating size to each other. But to me the inside did look bigger than the outside, through not to the same extent as the Doctor current Tardis does, which points to less advance technology.

As for the ear piece, he had that on when he got thrown out of the TARDIS.
              Must have missed that bit convenient that this just happens to be one an only time the Tardis get in trouble an he on the outside with a ear piece an one which hide his conversations at that.
              Last edited by knowles2; 16 June 2010, 02:18 AM.

Comment

It looks bigger to me on the inside than the outside, different portions an all, but that could be the three different departments not communicating size to each other. But to me the inside did look bigger than the outside, through not to the same extent as the Doctor current Tardis does, which points to less advance technology.
                Agreed. It's very like a TARDIS, but seems more like if someone was trying to build the closest thing to a TARDIS with more limited tech.

Must have missed that bit convenient that this just happens to be one an only time the Tardis get in trouble an he on the outside with a ear piece an one which hide his conversations at that.
                The Doctor always has a random assortment of gadgets in his pockets besides the Sonic Screwdriver and Psychic Paper. I think at one point he even implied they may be bigger on the inside...
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

The Doctor always has a random assortment of gadgets in his pockets besides the Sonic Screwdriver and Psychic Paper. I think at one point he even implied they may be bigger on the inside...
                  Indeed. In the fourth Doctor episode Robot, he has in his pockets...

jelly babies
                  a deck of trick cards
                  a scroll granting him the freedom of the city of Skaro
                  honorary membership of the Alpha Centauri table tennis club
                  a pilot's license for the Mars-Venus rocket run
                  an unfolding wallet full of IDs (including a galactic passport)
                  a jeweller's eyeglass
                  ball bearings
                  a large toy bird
                  a pair of goggles
                  a yo-yo
                  a second wallet
                  a packet of cigarettes
                  and an attachment to turn the sonic screwdriver into a sonic lance.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                    Indeed. In the fourth Doctor episode Robot, he has in his pockets...

jelly babies
                    a deck of trick cards
                    a scroll granting him the freedom of the city of Skaro
                    honorary membership of the Alpha Centauri table tennis club
                    a pilot's license for the Mars-Venus rocket run
                    an unfolding wallet full of IDs (including a galactic passport)
                    a jeweller's eyeglass
                    ball bearings
                    a large toy bird
                    a pair of goggles
                    a yo-yo
                    a second wallet
                    a packet of cigarettes
                    and an attachment to turn the sonic screwdriver into a sonic lance.

Yep. As well as all that above, after jumping down a pit he produced a book called "Everest in Easy Stages" but it was written in Tibetan...and then right afterward he produced another book called "Teach Yourself Tibetan".

In his second incarnation the Doctor had things in his pockets like...

a recorder
                    a 500-year diary
                    jelly babies
                    a slingshot
                    galactic glitter
                    playing cards
                    an apple

In his fifth incarnation he had

string
                    a cricket ball
                    paper clips
                    safety pins
                    alien currency

In his sixth incarnation the Doctor had...

jelly babies
                    string
                    contact cards for famous, historical people
                    a mirror
                    a yo-yo
                    a banana

In his seventh incarnation he had things like

jelly babies
                    antiquated UNIT passes
                    a slingshot
                    playing spoons
                    a robot spider (or a "special piece of coin")
                    a fob watch
                    a yo-yo

Comment

And he had the book Origins of the Universe by Oolon Coluphid

Perhaps we should start a thread called - The Things The Doctor Has in His Pockets.
                      Last edited by Blencathra; 16 June 2010, 09:01 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Plus the Tenth Doctor had a clockwork mouse and a stethoscope. Yep, we need a new thread!

Oh, and a toothbrush that doesn't need toothpaste.
                        Last edited by Sealurk; 16 June 2010, 08:14 AM. Reason: Don't forget your toothbrush...
                        sigpic

Comment

"No annliation, no killing, I am the Dr, the destroyer of worlds, the oncoming storm, and you just meant beat them in a football match, didn't you?"

Dalek: You are an associate of the Doctor. Records indicate you will show mercy.
                          Song: I'm River Song, you better check your records again.
                          Dalek A moments pause: Mercy!
                          Song: Louder!
                          Dalek louder: Mercy!
                          Song: One more time.
                          Dalek panic: Mercy!!!

Dalek dust drifts away.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                            And he had the book Origins of the Universe by Oolon Coluphid

Perhaps we should start a thread called - The Things The Doctor Has in His Pockets.
                            LOL Maybe we should.

Plus the Tenth Doctor had a clockwork mouse and a stethoscope. Yep, we need a new thread!

Oh, and a toothbrush that doesn't need toothpaste.
                            Yeah, the Doctor in his first, third, fifth, ninth and tenth incarnations seemed to have very little in his pockets during those lives. I wonder what the Doctor's latest incarnation keeps in his apart from a Jammie Dodger and his first incarnations library card? Hopefully in the adventures ahead we'll see...
                            Last edited by Alan; 17 June 2010, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                              LOL Maybe we should.

Yeah, the Doctor in his first, third, fifth, ninth and tenth incarnations seemed to have very little in his pockets during those lives. I wonder what the Doctor's latest incarnation keeps in his apart from a Jammie Dodger and his first incarnations library card? Hopefully in the adventures ahead we'll see...
                              We have seen him pull out an ultraviolet light stick thing lol

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                                We have seen him pull out an ultraviolet light stick thing lol
                                Oh, yeah. Forgot about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X