Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
    "Football, that's the one with the sticks isn't it?"

I liked this episode a lot. But boy am I having trouble not thinking about next weeks!

And a TARDIS?! Who the hell was building a TARDIS?!! The Master? The Rani? The Doctor....or The Valeyard?
    May that is the doctor new Tardis after the current one go boom. I can only hope the interior was brilliant.

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
    doctor for england, though doubt fifa would let us have an alien player

i quite liked this, can't wait for the last 2

Comment

Couple of things:

The ship wasn't necessarily a TARDIS. The doctor said it was a Time Engine. Also, the Emergency Hologram (nice Voyager nod BTW) appeared to be human. I'm thinking perhaps the Time Agency that Jack belonged to. And the hologram said the ship crashed, the crew was killed, and the engine couldn't be restarted without a Pilot/Captain. So it wasn't somebody building a ship, it was an existing ship that just happened to crash there. Something about the Time Ship's architecture reminded me of the Dalek Emperor from Parting of the Ways.

And is it just me, or are Perception Filters gaining wider use? Seems like everybody has a perception filter this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
        1. The Doctor has a tried and tested human name - John Smith. I'm not an old schooler and even I know that! So why didn't he use it?

2. Craig, I suppose was allright as a representatve of 2010 humanity.

3. Hang on, did Craig somehow recognise the Doctor? Have we just busted the 4th wall?

Solid enough ep - but what the hell is Amy going to make of the ring?
        This Doctor seems more scatty brained then any of his previous incarnations. He probably honestly didn't think that anyone would care if he didn't have a proper name. Everyone else in the universe just accepts he's the Doctor so why shouldn't humans?

I didn't notice him have any recognition of him until he did the memory transfer and he realised who he was.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
        May that is the doctor new Tardis after the current one go boom. I can only hope the interior was brilliant.
        The TARDIS won't go boom. At least it won't stay destroyed. The Doctor has had the same TARDIS since the beginning of the series. It is the only other permanent character in the show other than the Doctor himself. I cannot stress enough how incredibly ticked off fans would be if he got a different one.

The interior also did not even compare to the current one.

Originally posted by Merlin's_Legacy View Post
        Couple of things:

The ship wasn't necessarily a TARDIS. The doctor said it was a Time Engine. Also, the Emergency Hologram (nice Voyager nod BTW) appeared to be human. I'm thinking perhaps the Time Agency that Jack belonged to. And the hologram said the ship crashed, the crew was killed, and the engine couldn't be restarted without a Pilot/Captain. So it wasn't somebody building a ship, it was an existing ship that just happened to crash there. Something about the Time Ship's architecture reminded me of the Dalek Emperor from Parting of the Ways.

And is it just me, or are Perception Filters gaining wider use? Seems like everybody has a perception filter this season.
        I thought it looked somewhat dalek too. Particularly with the controls. The Daleks often seem to have a preoccupation with the number 3. And there were 3 consoles and they were all systems that looked like they could have been used by dalek plungers. However having said that the hologram didn't come across as being very dalek like.

I did think that too. Perception filters do seem to have been a bit of a theme this season. I wonder if this itself might have something to do with the pandorica as well. Not sre how though.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          The TARDIS won't go boom. At least it won't stay destroyed. The Doctor has had the same TARDIS since the beginning of the series. It is the only other permanent character in the show other than the Doctor himself. I cannot stress enough how incredibly ticked off fans would be if he got a different one.
          That made me think. Certainly, if the TARDIS was completely and permanently destroyed, there would be a torch-and-pitchfork mob marching on Television Centre (with me somewhere near the front...I'd almost rather the Doctor were killed off than the TARDIS!), but we've already seen in The Eleventh Hour that the TARDIS can take apparently very heavy damage and rebuild itself. So just because the TARDIS explodes does not necessarily mean it is destroyed.

Yeah, I know, I'm stretching this a bit too much...
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

So Amy starts to remember Rory and the time crack widens? Possible connection between the two or is it just Rory coming back through? Hmm.
            Originally posted by Craig Charles
            "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

I'm sure Amy thinks the Dr is going to propose!

What did people think of the cyberman heads with tenacles in the trailer?
              Dalek: You are an associate of the Doctor. Records indicate you will show mercy.
              Song: I'm River Song, you better check your records again.
              Dalek A moments pause: Mercy!
              Song: Louder!
              Dalek louder: Mercy!
              Song: One more time.
              Dalek panic: Mercy!!!

Dalek dust drifts away.

Comment

Well I am a fan an I want to see the Tardis go boom, or at least temporarily lost. I am fed up them promising a lot an then giving us nothing in the end or a lame get out clause. Seeing the Tardis destroy would make my day. Plus the set just looks better than the current Tardis, way better. An anyway it more of the image of the police box that stays the same rather the Tardis. A few tweaks to the perception filter an you got your police box back.

An yes the ship was a version of the Tardis, doctor said so, a incomplete unworking version. An no it most likely not built by humans. Simply because is needed a species with bigger brains an it kept frying our brains. An no matter how far we seem to go into the future one thing is always seem to remain the same, the humans continue to be stupid an have fairly small brains. I like the idea of it belonging to the time agency, but I suspect that Russell T. Davies creation an Moffat seem to be trying to take Doctor who in his own direction an away from Russell ideas. Plus even a trillion years into the future it seem that the humans still were pretty primitive compared to the Time lords.

Through I did find it strange that the producers hid the identity of the hologram an never let us see it in light which does suggest that may be there more to this story to be told.

I personnally would gave up the football team to learn where the doctor got 40k from, an also where he got the ear piece from to. But that me.

I hope we do see the doctor return to the house, may be after the Tardis is destroy he can hang out there for a while.
                Last edited by knowles2; 15 June 2010, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                  Well I am a fan an I want to see the Tardis go boom, or at least temporarily lost. I am fed up them promising a lot an then giving us nothing in the end or a lame get out clause. Seeing the Tardis destroy would make my day. Plus the set just looks better than the current Tardis, way better. An anyway it more of the image of the police box that stays the same rather the Tardis. A few tweaks to the perception filter an you got your police box back.

An yes the ship was a version of the Tardis, doctor said so, a incomplete unworking version. An no it most likely not built by humans. Simply because is needed a species with bigger brains an it kept frying our brains. An no matter how far we seem to go into the future one thing is always seem to remain the same, the humans continue to be stupid an have fairly small brains. I like the idea of it belonging to the time agency, but I suspect that Russell T. Davies creation an Moffat seem to be trying to take Doctor who in his own direction an away from Russell ideas. Plus even a trillion years into the future it seem that the humans still were pretty primitive compared to the Time lords.

Through I did find it strange that the producers hid the identity of the hologram an never let us see it in light which does suggest that may be there more to this story to be told.

I personnally would gave up the football team to learn where the doctor got 40k from, an also where he got the ear piece from to. But that me.

I hope we do see the doctor return to the house, may be after the Tardis is destroy he can hang out there for a while.
                  What is wrong with the new TARDIS interior? It is the very best it has ever been.

Comment

What is wrong with the new TARDIS interior? It is the very best it has ever been.
                    While I don't completely dislike the new TARDIS interior, I don't like it's lighting much, and it gives the impression, to me, of being a bit cluttered and haphazard. And I somewhat hoped we'd get away from the scratch-built TARDIS console, with taps and whatnot used as controls. But each to their own.

I did like bits of the not-TARDIS in the lodger, though not enough to want to see it adopted as a new console room.
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

While I don't completely dislike the new TARDIS interior, I don't like it's lighting much, and it gives the impression, to me, of being a bit cluttered and haphazard. And I somewhat hoped we'd get away from the scratch-built TARDIS console, with taps and whatnot used as controls. But each to their own.

I did like bits of the not-TARDIS in the lodger, though not enough to want to see it adopted as a new console room.
                      So the interior of the Doctor's new TARDIS console room is a bit like the Doctor himself then.

Regarding the other TARDIS...we never did find out what happened to the Master's TARDIS after he made his escape from the Time War. Maybe it found its way to Craig's house?

Then there's the Rani's TARDIS. On last sighting the Rani's TARDIS console had circular touch sensitive-controls which is similar to what we see in this story. Maybe the TARDIS we see is hers?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        So the interior of the Doctor's new TARDIS console room is a bit like the Doctor himself then.
                        You know, I actually hadn't thought of the TARDIS interior being a reflection of the good Doctor's own personality. Obvious, when I think about it (especially since they're telepathically linked), but I just completely overlooked it!

Regarding the other TARDIS...we never did find out what happened to the Master's TARDIS after he made his escape from the Time War. Maybe it found its way to Craig's house?
                        The fact that he had to nab the Doctor's (unless it was just closer and more fun to torment his old foe with) at the end of the Universe, and still only had the one despite at least one return trip suggests it is neither there nor here...literally. Presumably it was destroyed or abandoned during his escape from the Time War. Of course, that's speculation, and until such time as he is resurrected - again - we probably won't know. Unless we get an ep dealing specifically with the Doctor finding the Master's TARDIS...hmm, I wonder if they accept freelance scripts...

Then there's the Rani's TARDIS. On last sighting the Rani's TARDIS console had circular touch sensitive-controls which is similar to what we see in this story. Maybe the TARDIS we see is hers?
                        There've been a few rumours of the Rani appearing in this series, haven't there? Mostly from The Sun, so make of that what you will (though I'm reasonably sure they've had accurate Who leaks before). We've still got two episodes to go, and Moffat's writing them, so who knows?

In this ep, the Doctor says "someone's attempt at building a TARDIS"...so could that line in itself be somewhat telling? Who has the know-how and need to build something that approximates a TARDIS?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post

It isn't a TARDIS as such. It's someones attempt at making one. Additionally all TARDIS have 6 segments to the main console. This machine only had 4. (could be 3. kinda tough to tell from the angle).

I believe it is an attempt by another power to build an artificial TARDIS. Or a least a none living one.

Comment

You know, I actually hadn't thought of the TARDIS interior being a reflection of the good Doctor's own personality. Obvious, when I think about it (especially since they're telepathically linked), but I just completely overlooked it!

The fact that he had to nab the Doctor's (unless it was just closer and more fun to torment his old foe with) at the end of the Universe, and still only had the one despite at least one return trip suggests it is neither there nor here...literally. Presumably it was destroyed or abandoned during his escape from the Time War. Of course, that's speculation, and until such time as he is resurrected - again - we probably won't know. Unless we get an ep dealing specifically with the Doctor finding the Master's TARDIS...hmm, I wonder if they accept freelance scripts...
                            No they don't. I checked.

Comment

No they don't. I checked.
                              Fanfic it is then...
                              sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode! It felt somewhat RTD like....which isn't a bad thing IMO. I loved seeing the Doctor interacting in a "normal" environment. The other TARDIS being built was very cool, I wonder who it belonged to? But the next time trailer at the end has me pumped!

Comment

Working...
                                X