Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    A mini.....Or perhaps a Renault Clio
    Definitely a Renault, but probably a Megane, what with both of them having huge, oddly shaped rear ends.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
      Definitely a Renault, but probably a Megane, what with both of them having huge, oddly shaped rear ends.
      According to the special features for season 5 that new hump on their back is something to do with their weapons system.........
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

According to the special features for season 5 that new hump on their back is something to do with their weapons system.........

Didn't Moffat say that panel in the middle comes down and then they can swap weapons with whatever is on front? Maybe that's why there's a gap running around the whole circumfrance of that part of the Dalek the top half lifts and the weapons can swing on a track. Still doesn't help though I still think they'e non scary and look like Apple appliances
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I like the way they have this drop down ironing board thingy at the back. Very handy for ironing their Daleky underwear I guess.

Perhaps the blue one is Special Ironing Dalek or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
            I like the way they have this drop down ironing board thingy at the back. Very handy for ironing their Daleky underwear I guess.

Perhaps the blue one is Special Ironing Dalek or something.

Haha love that comment.......Greened you

Comment

I read somewhere that the console and ship design in this episode is like that on the Pandorica but I can't see it myself.

Comment

Thanks Coco Pops.

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                Don't we all.

Comment

Indeed it is. Something we'll all be seeing in operation...in time.

DALEKS CONQUER AND DESTROY

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                    Don't we all.
                    *checks*
                    Well I'll be damned. I really should try and control my chocolate addiction...

And after this conversation takes yet another turn for the bizarre, I have an especially weird mental image of a Dalek saying "DOES! MY! BUM! LOOK! BIG! IN! THIS! TRAVEL! MACHINE!?"
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

In Doctor Who: The Brilliant Book 2011, it contains extracts from Winston Churchill's lost diary which recount his encounters with a man known only as "The Doctor". I just thought I'd share the bare details with you all just to show that when travelling in that wonderful TARDIS, the Doctor's encounters with people such as Winston are anything but straightforward.

From The Doctor's POV:
                      • The Doctor (in his first incarnation) meets Winston Churchill (aged 37) for the first time in 1911 (but for Winston it is his fourth meeting with the Doctor).

• The Doctor (in his second incarnation) sees Winston (aged 8) again in 1882.

• The Doctor (in his third incarnation) sees Winston (aged 24) in 1898.

• The Doctor (in his fourth incarnation) sees Winston (aged 5) in 1879.

• The Doctor (in his fifth incarnation) sees Winston (aged 57) in 1931.

• The Doctor (in his sixth incarnation) attends Winston's funeral in 1965.

• The Doctor (in his seventh incarnation) sees Winston (aged 62) in 1936.

• The Doctor (in his eighth incarnation) attends Winston's funeral in 1965.

• The Doctor (in his ninth incarnation) sees Winston (aged 71) in 1945.

• The Doctor (in his tenth incarnation) sees Winston (aged 21) in 1895.

• The Doctor (in his eleventh incarnation) sees Winston (aged 67) in 1941)

From Winston's POV:
                      • Winston (aged 5) for the first time meets the Doctor (in his fourth incarnation) in 1879.

• Winston (aged 8) sees the Doctor (in his second incarnation) in 1882.

• Winston (aged 21) sees the Doctor (in his tenth incarnation) in 1895.

• Winston (aged 24) sees the Doctor (in his third incarnation) in 1898.

• Winston (aged 37) sees the Doctor (in his first incarnation) in 1911.

• Winston (aged 57) sees the Doctor (in his fifth incarnation) in 1931.

• Winston (aged 62) sees the Doctor (in his seventh incarnation) in 1936.

• Winston (aged 67) sees the Doctor (in his eleventh incarnation) in 1941.

• Winston (aged 71) sees the Doctor (in his ninth incarnation) in 1945.

• Winston's funeral is attended by the Doctor (in both his sixth and eighth incarnations) in 1965.

Last edited by Alan; 25 January 2011, 11:01 AM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        They're not called "jammie dodgers" over here, though what they are called escapes me at the moment. Love 'em.
                        "That yummy cookie with the jam inside. Yum!"

At least, that's what I call them although the TV ads keeps telling me to call them "Peek Freans" and I refuse because the jammie dodger deserves it's own name, not to be lumped into a massive group with all sorts of lesser varieties of cookies.

It's a matter of principle, of course.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                          [*]Winston (aged 67) sees the Doctor (in his eleventh incarnation) in 1941.
                          [*]Winston (aged 71) sees the Doctor (in his ninth incarnation) in 1945.

[*]Winston's funeral is attended by the Doctor (in both his sixth and eighth incarnations) in 1965.[/LIST]
                          [/INDENT]

That is bizarre......... Where did Winston get a meeting with an earlier Doctor in 1945? I thought Victory happens then

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                            That is bizarre......... Where did Winston get a meeting with an earlier Doctor in 1945? I thought Victory happens then
                            I was under the impression VotD happens in about 1940 or 1941, but I can't remember where I got that idea. Might be something to do with Churchill mentioning "invasion is expected any day now". I seem to remember the actual threat of an invasion of British soil dropped off very sharply after the Battle of Britain, and had been more of an exercise than a serious plan prior to this anyway. But then history was never my strong point.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              The Blitz occurred between September, 1940 and May, 1941. So I imagine Eleven would have met him any time between those dates.
                              sigpic

Comment

Loved this episode. Ian McNeice was great as Churchill.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X