Victory of the Daleks (3103/503)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
    If you can't find them, here's a recipe you could try.

Spoiler:
    Jammie Dodgers

Basic Cookie Dough Recipe

Ingredients:

2 cups unsalted butter, softened
    1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    1 cup granulated or superfine sugar
    2 large eggs
    3½ cups all-purpose flour
    4 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup milk
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract

For filling

1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam, or seedless strawberry jam

Method

Biscuit dough

Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.

Combine flour, baking powder, and salt: add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed after each addition until blended. Stir in vanilla extract.

Divide dough into four equal portions; wrap each portion in plastic wrap to prevent drying out. Chill. Proceed with cookie instructions.

Yield 2 pounds cookie dough.

To assemble and bake

Roll cookie dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a 2-inch round cutter and place on greased baking sheets. Cut center from half of cookies with a 1-inch round or heart shaped cutter.

Bake at 180ºC for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Spread 1/2 teaspoon seedless raspberry jam on solid cookies; top with cutout cookies.

Makes 24 cookies

This is the sort of shape you are looking to get

OMG OMG you are making me hungry
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
      Biscuits seem to be in plentiful supply at most British food stores in the States, if Google is anything to go by. It does nothing to resist the stereotype, but Brits abroad definitely seem to want a decent supply of tea and biccies more than anything else. Bourbon creams, custard creams, McVities Digestives, the awesome Hob-Nob and of course Jammie Dodgers should be relatively easy to get hold of if you want.

Aaaand now I really want a cup of tea and some bourbons. But lunch first!
      HOB NOBS!!!! (Royal) Marines of the Biscuit World!

DIP ME! DIP ME!

DIP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I once tried biscotti dipped in a cappuccino and found myself vastly disappointed. However, Jammie Dodgers, Hob Nobs, and the bourbon biscuits seem much more promising.

If the Cybermen ever came back in a significant way, the Eleventh Doctor could use a Hob Nob to fool them? I mean if 3 Ironsides Daleks could be fooled by a Jammie Dodger...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
          I once tried biscotti dipped in a cappuccino and found myself vastly disappointed. However, Jammie Dodgers, Hob Nobs, and the bourbon biscuits seem much more promising.

If the Cybermen ever came back in a significant way, the Eleventh Doctor could use a Hob Nob to fool them? I mean if 3 Ironsides Daleks could be fooled by a Jammie Dodger...

No Cybermen vs Digestives

Comment

Sugar. Dry biscuit, sticky over-sweet jam filling, and therefore very good with tea (though personally I prefer dunking bourbon biscuits).
            With tea? Blasphemy! If you make the biscuit soggy it ruins the whole point of the Jammy Dodger which is the contrast of dry biscuit and somehow dry yet different textured jam.

Comment

Never in the history of the internet has such a conversation as this taken place.

And for the record the best biscuit for tea are the dark chocolate covered digestives. Great biscuits to munch on and the tea ends up still being tea but with the very slightest hint of a chocolatey taste.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

They're not called "jammie dodgers" over here, though what they are called escapes me at the moment. Love 'em.

Anyway, rewatching this season over the last few days I find that I really don't mind the Skittles Daleks as much as I did when it first aired. I could actually totally see them as the Dalek leadership from here on out. There'd be 'regular' Daleks as we're familiar with from the past, but at the top of the Dalek pecking order would be the Skittles. So it would be a major victory over the Daleks any time one of them got knocked off.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Sorry when those iDaleks appeared the first thing I did was sing

"go go power rangers"

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                    Sorry when those iDaleks appeared the first thing I did was sing

"go go power rangers"
                    My thought when I first watched the episode was "The Doctor and the Amazing Technicolour Daleks"

Still I don't think they're that bad if they're used sparingly and only as 'bosses' of the Daleks. I mean if 95% of the time when we see Daleks it's the regular black/gold ones, and every so often there's one of the Skittles in charge, that'd be fine. One-off Dalek things tended to look a bit OTT/ridiculous in the past anyway.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It immediately put me in mind of an advert for a new range of compact city cars, the type usually depicted as 'fun'.
                      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

It immediately put me in mind of an advert for a new range of compact city cars, the type usually depicted as 'fun'.

Like one of these

the SMART car

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          They're not called "jammie dodgers" over here, though what they are called escapes me at the moment. Love 'em.
                          A while ago, I remember trying something similar to the description of a Jammie Dodger here in the US but it definitely wasn't raspberry flavored. I'm suddenly getting a craving for that something—and I don't even remember what it was called.
                          sigpic

Comment

Don't be silly.......a SMART is way smaller than a Dalek.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                              Don't be silly.......a SMART is way smaller than a Dalek.
                              Which car were you thinking of?

Comment

Which car were you thinking of?
                                A mini.....Or perhaps a Renault Clio

Comment

Working...
                                X