Victory of the Daleks (3103/503)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
    i don't know how many more storys will they be able to make before they A) run out of ideas or B) people get sick of the. altho they are a big part of doctor who
    A) Run out of ideas? This is sci-fi and the Daleks have been around for almost 50-years now...why would the writers run out of ideas now? There's many, many, many more stories to be told with the Daleks.

B) Why would Whovians get sick of the Daleks? Did Stargate fans get sick of the Goa'uld and the Wraith? Did Star Trek fans get sick of the Romulans and the Klingons and the Borg and the Dominion? Did Battlestar Galactica fans get sick of the Cylons? I think not. Besides the Daleks don't appear all that often in Doctor Who when you put them next to any of the aliens from any one of those shows above. They're used very sparingly.

Bottom line - the Daleks are here to stay. I look forward to the Doctor's next encounter with them.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      A) Run out of ideas? This is sci-fi and the Daleks have been around for almost 50-years now...why would the writers run out of ideas now? There's many, many, many more stories to be told with the Daleks.

B) Why would Whovians get sick of the Daleks? Did Stargate fans get sick of the Goa'uld and the Wraith? Did Star Trek fans get sick of the Romulans and the Klingons and the Borg and the Dominion? Did Battlestar Galactica fans get sick of the Cylons? I think not. Besides the Daleks don't appear all that often in Doctor Who when you put them next to any of the aliens from any one of those shows above. They're used very sparingly.

Bottom line - the Daleks are here to stay. I look forward to the Doctor's next encounter with them.
      Green for you.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

ok i agree that they may find new ways of bringing them back even tho he kills them a thousand times
        sigpic

Comment

ok i agree that they may find new ways of bringing them back even tho he kills them a thousand times
          That's the thing. He needs to stop defeating them, and THEN it would be ok.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            He didn't defeat them in VotD though.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

but would u have them destroying the universe because he doesn't
              sigpic

Comment

But he doesn't *totally* defeat them. He may win out over their various plans but the Dalek menace remains a constant. Somewhere...out there...the Daleks continue their war against all life that isn't like them.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

i agree if he totally destroyed them they would never come back.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                    But he doesn't *totally* defeat them. He may win out over their various plans but the Dalek menace remains a constant. Somewhere...out there...the Daleks continue their war against all life that isn't like them.
                    I love the fact that the most merciless, hostile, unstoppable killing machines in the universe are now basically a space-time vermin infestation. Easy enough to deal with (if you're the Doctor), but you can never quite get all of them...

"New improved Dalek-B-Gone! Now kills 50% more genocidal mutants. Skaro Tested, Doctor Approved!"
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

i agree
                      sigpic

Comment

but would u have them destroying the universe because he doesn't
                        In Dalek, Parting of the Ways, Doomsday, and Journey's End, the Daleks were ALL totally and utterly defeated - and yet somehow they return. End of the time war blah blah blah. VotD works because the daleks were FOILED, not defeated. When the Daleks return again, it'll be fine, because it won't feel forced as their reappearance did every other bloody time.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                          I love the fact that the most merciless, hostile, unstoppable killing machines in the universe are now basically a space-time vermin infestation. Easy enough to deal with (if you're the Doctor), but you can never quite get all of them...

"New improved Dalek-B-Gone! Now kills 50% more genocidal mutants. Skaro Tested, Doctor Approved!"
                          LOL Indeed. Lets remember that even though the Doctor can travel in time and space even he can't have encountered the Daleks in all the thousands of years of their existence. There are plenty more battles to be fought. So now the Doctor has not only got a new, pure race of time travelling Daleks out there to deal with but there's also plenty of pre-Time War Daleks out there to fight as well.

In Dalek, Parting of the Ways, Doomsday, and Journey's End, the Daleks were ALL totally and utterly defeated - and yet somehow they return. End of the time war blah blah blah. VotD works because the daleks were FOILED, not defeated. When the Daleks return again, it'll be fine, because it won't feel forced as their reappearance did every other bloody time.
                          I don't see what was forced about their return in any of the more recent stories. Lets review their most recent stories...(I'm not bothering with Dalek because it was one Dalek and it didn't really affect any Dalek story that followed).

Bad Wolf showed us that the Dalek Emperor's ship had escaped the Doctor's use of "The Moment" at the end of the Time War and over many, many hundreds of years he rebuilt the Dalek race using the remains of captured humans. Bad Wolf wipes out the Daleks she can see in front of her but...

...In Army of Ghosts revealed a group of Daleks known as the Cult of Skaro went in to hiding at some point during the Time War with a ship full of Dalek soldiers to ensure that their race would continue. These Daleks are pulled in to the Void but the Cult escape and go back in time to the 1930's...

...and Daleks in Manhattan showed the Cult of Skaro working on Earth, experimenting to create new Dalek life. The Doctor stops them. Experiments destroyed. Daleks defeated. One Cult member, Dalek Caan, escapes destruction and then...

...in The Stolen Earth we discover that Dalek Caan had gone back in time, broke through the Time Lock around the Time War, rescued Davros, and brought him backwards in time to the 21st century and he builds new Daleks using his Kaled DNA. The Doctor, Donna, and friends destroy the Daleks and their plans to unleash a Reality Bomb on the universe. The Dalek ship known as the Crucible is destroyed...did Davros die too? I doubt it. He will have found a way to escape and while he lives the Daleks live.

And then we get a new start with Victory of the Daleks where we learn that a single Dalek ship escaped Bad Wolf by travelling back in time to 1940's Earth. The Daleks trick the Doctor to identify them as Daleks in order for a device called a Progenitor to be activated. Because of their half-human nature the device doesn't recognise them as Dalek but with the Doctor identifying them, the device eventually recognises the three survivors of the Time War as Daleks and so they are able to create new, pure race Daleks as they were before the Emperor's use of human DNA to rebuild the Daleks. Possibly the last of the half-human Daleks are destroyed by the pure Daleks and they escape in to time and space to build a new, pure Dalek Empire. The war goes on...

I don't see what's so forced about any of those recent returns by the Daleks. They all flow quite nicely in my humble opinion.
                          Last edited by Alan; 30 May 2010, 03:43 AM.

Comment

i agree alan
                            sigpic

Comment

But Rose was wiping out Dalek ships that were not even in her direct line of sight, not that she needed that.

So how could one have escaped the destruction? Plus didn't she say she was ridding them from all of time and space?

You know maybe all this has built up to cause the cracks..
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

maybe that could be true it is possable
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X