Amy's Choice (3107/507)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
    For me, my enjoyment of this current series is all in the details. For instance, the box beneath the TARDIS console read: "TARDIS. Time And Relative Dimension In Space. Build Site: Gallifrey Blackhole Shipyard. Type 40. Build date: 1963. Authorised for use by qualified Time Lords only by the Shadow Proclamation. Misuse or theft of any TARDIS will result in extreme penalties and permanent exile."
    Yeah, that's a nice touch. Of course the "extreme penalties and permanent exile" part of that the Doctor's already been through by forced regeneration and exile to Earth for 3-years. He might have been on Earth longer if not for Omega showing up threatening to take out the Time Lords and...well...everything really.

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
    It's curious that there have been so many references to the Doctor's first incarnation recently, and I wonder if there is a link? Obviously Hartnell is long gone, but wouldn't it be magnificent if they could use some sort of clever CG and make up to bring him back for an episode with 11! I doubt it, but still.
    I'm definitely all for the Doctor to meet himself again. With Time Crash explaining the reason why his fifth incarnation looked older than how he originally appeared, the doors been left open to include aged versions of the Doctor's fourth, sixth, seventh, and eighth incarnations in any future story.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    As for the first Doctor, I'd quite like to see him again. But obviously not as an old man. Just make it so that the Doctor meets his much younger self.
    Time travel into Gallifrey's past isn't allowed. It all has to be relative to the Doctor so if they did show a younger version of the Doctor's first incarnation I'd want it to be in a flashback sequence. On the other hand I'd maybe prefer it if they didn't do that. I'd rather not know everything about who the Doctor is because there's a massive question mark about just how influential a figure the Doctor was on Gallifrey before he left because he was "bored". Some questions are better left unanswered...and "Doctor who?" is definitely one of them.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177
      As for the first Doctor, I'd quite like to see him again. But obviously not as an old man. Just make it so that the Doctor meets his much younger self.
      Oh, yes of course. I hadn't thought of that.

Originally posted by Alan
      Some questions are better left unanswered...and "Doctor who?" is definitely one of them.
      I agree, but it looks as though we'll be learning much more about the Doctor, specifically his name
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        Yeah, that's a nice touch. Of course the "extreme penalties and permanent exile" part of that the Doctor's already been through by forced regeneration and exile to Earth for 3-years. He might have been on Earth longer if not for Omega showing up threatening to take out the Time Lords and...well...everything really.

I'm definitely all for the Doctor to meet himself again. With Time Crash explaining the reason why his fifth incarnation looked older than how he originally appeared, the doors been left open to include aged versions of the Doctor's fourth, sixth, seventh, and eighth incarnations in any future story.

Time travel into Gallifrey's past isn't allowed. It all has to be relative to the Doctor so if they did show a younger version of the Doctor's first incarnation I'd want it to be in a flashback sequence. On the other hand I'd maybe prefer it if they didn't do that. I'd rather not know everything about who the Doctor is because there's a massive question mark about just how influential a figure the Doctor was on Gallifrey before he left because he was "bored". Some questions are better left unanswered...and "Doctor who?" is definitely one of them.
        He needn't meet himself on Gallifrey. I mean granted he was traveling with susan as an old man but it's unknown whether he stole the TARDIS at the same time as Susan went with him or whether he picked up Susan later on.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          He needn't meet himself on Gallifrey. I mean granted he was traveling with susan as an old man but it's unknown whether he stole the TARDIS at the same time as Susan went with him or whether he picked up Susan later on.
          True...but I think that popular belief is that the Doctor did leave Gallifrey with Susan.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            True...but I think that popular belief is that the Doctor did leave Gallifrey with Susan.
            I've never really bought that cos he always seemed to know way too much about the universe and other planets for a greenhorn. Not as much as later on of course. there was still a certain amount of child like innocence about the 1st Doctor.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

So Amy said Rory (Sp?) died without her ever telling him she loved him? Really? They were supposed to get married in less than 24 hours and she has never told him she loved him, I find that odd. I like Amy a lot, but Rory is a little too much of an overconfident dull knife.

That being said the episode was fun, do we think the Dream Lord was really just the doctors dark side? I'll read back through comments.
              sigpic

Comment

I love the way it starts snowing in the earlier scenes and the actors just carry on as if it's invisible.
                sigpic

Comment

good episode i love that the doctor ended up the bad guy well the darkness in him is the bad guy
                  sigpic

Comment

I liked this episode aswell. Nice one-liners, and a pretty good theme all up. It's not the best - still worth watching but i think that he concept didnt really bring doctor who to justice. I mean,if this was your first time watching it, you might not want to watch the next one.
                    PSDid anyne spot any cracks in time in this episode? I didnt spot on in Vamps of Venice either...

Comment

Originally posted by Gemstone456 View Post
                      I liked this episode aswell. Nice one-liners, and a pretty good theme all up. It's not the best - still worth watching but i think that he concept didnt really bring doctor who to justice. I mean,if this was your first time watching it, you might not want to watch the next one.
                      PSDid anyne spot any cracks in time in this episode? I didnt spot on in Vamps of Venice either...
                      I think in Vampires in Venice it was the silence falling as they entered the TARDIS at the end that was the season arc 'moment', as well as the mention of the crack when the Saturnynian was talking. As for Amy's Choice...I can't honestly remember anything significant, but then I only watched it a couple of times.
                      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

i agree
                        sigpic

Comment

not impressed with this ep. i like the idea of the dreamlord. i was told this was a awesome ep i put my hopes up
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

i kind of agree compared with other doctor who episodes this one wasn't as fantastic as the others
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                              So Amy said Rory (Sp?) died without her ever telling him she loved him? Really? They were supposed to get married in less than 24 hours and she has never told him she loved him, I find that odd. I like Amy a lot, but Rory is a little too much of an overconfident dull knife.

That being said the episode was fun, do we think the Dream Lord was really just the doctors dark side? I'll read back through comments.
                              I find it interesting that after all the good the Doctor has done, deep down inside, he still hates himself. I wonder when he'll stop looking at himself as the destroyer of races and instead start seeing the truth (at least from another show ): Some must be sacrificed, if all are to be saved. For the universe to continue, to survive and grow, the Daleks and the Time Lords simply had to go and he was the instrument of that action. When will he start seeing the good in himself? I thought he was done with this self-loathing angst.
                              sigpic

Comment

thats really well said
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X