Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    Well, my favorite so far of course!
    Good good lol, hopefully the rest of the season is just as good, maybe even better (not saying the seasons not good, but we could be treated to even better episodes than the ones we are getting in the future)

Comment

Just came across this very interesting article regarding the Dream Lord / the Valeyard. Check it out:

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/..._valeyard.html

Until Doctor Who's PTB tell us otherwise...my theory is that the Dream Lord is the Valeyard!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

This episode was nothing short of brilliant, great drama, great twists, and ludicrous pensioner-beating action. I give it two thumbs up.

You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
        And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

Originally posted by Indum'kra View Post
          This episode was nothing short of brilliant, great drama, great twists, and ludicrous pensioner-beating action. I give it two thumbs up.

Lool, nice picture

Comment

I like matt smith. But, I wish every now and then he would take a cue from David Tennant (or similarly the writers from RTD and co) - Matt Smith is a fantastic doctor, but occasionally he's a little bit too muddled together - which can negatively impact the show. the biggest example of this is the end, with the reveal of who the dream lord was - he simply bluttered it out in a split second and then went on, as if it were nothing. He also tends to be a bit too blabbery, particularly during explanations or crucial plot points and as a result can be difficult to follow.

in other words - the biggest problem with the new series thus far is that the doctor lacks a sense of wonder, and that he has a bad tendency of being a bit too blabbery.

Comment

Originally posted by Joachim View Post
              I like matt smith. But, I wish every now and then he would take a cue from David Tennant (or similarly the writers from RTD and co) - Matt Smith is a fantastic doctor, but occasionally he's a little bit too muddled together - which can negatively impact the show. the biggest example of this is the end, with the reveal of who the dream lord was - he simply bluttered it out in a split second and then went on, as if it were nothing. He also tends to be a bit too blabbery, particularly during explanations or crucial plot points and as a result can be difficult to follow.

in other words - the biggest problem with the new series thus far is that the doctor lacks a sense of wonder, and that he has a bad tendency of being a bit too blabbery.
              I don't think he lacks a sense of wonder at all. I think he has just as much as the 10th Doctor, if not more.
              And as for him blabing on......That's exactly how the Doctor should be.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                I don't think he lacks a sense of wonder at all. I think he has just as much as the 10th Doctor, if not more.
                And as for him blabing on......That's exactly how the Doctor should be.
                Hear, hear! Totally agree!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

I love when he babbles - the issue is that he is always babbling, and as a result of that he babbles in inappropriate times, when the story would be benefited by him not babbling but actually saying something concisely. He rarely pauses to reflect, he rarely visibly appreciates anything. Perhaps this will get better in the future - hopefully this will get better in the future.

My point can be summed up with the term "there is a time and place for everything".

Comment

I love when he babbles - the issue is that he is always babbling, and as a result of that he babbles in inappropriate times, when the story would be benefited by him not babbling but actually saying something concisely. He rarely pauses to reflect, he rarely visibly appreciates anything.

My point can be summed up as: there is a time and place for everything.
                    I don't agree. I must be watching a different Doctor to you because I don't think he always babbles. I've found him very coherent and easy to follow and I've felt in in the past stories of this current series that there's been plenty of times when he's paused to reflect and when he's paused to appreciate things.

Comment

I love when he babbles - the issue is that he is always babbling, and as a result of that he babbles in inappropriate times, when the story would be benefited by him not babbling but actually saying something concisely. He rarely pauses to reflect, he rarely visibly appreciates anything. Perhaps this will get better in the future - hopefully this will get better in the future.

My point can be summed up with the term "there is a time and place for everything".
                      That's the whole point. That's just how the 11th Doctor is. Get rid of that and he'd be quite average. The 10th Doctor was hyperactive in the sense that he always wants to be running around. the 11th Doctor is hyperactive in the sense that his brain never stops running.

Comment

"that's just the way it is" is the worst argument anyone can ever make.

Comment

"that's just the way it is" is the worst argument anyone can ever make.
                          i agree.............why who said it?

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            i agree.............why who said it?
                            nobody, that's just the way it is
                            I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Well well, only Doctor Who can tackle the big issues of suicide, child murder, and maiming the elderly and pass it off as 'children's entertainment'. Haha!

For me, my enjoyment of this current series is all in the details. For instance, the box beneath the TARDIS console read: "TARDIS. Time And Relative Dimension In Space. Build Site: Gallifrey Blackhole Shipyard. Type 40. Build date: 1963. Authorised for use by qualified Time Lords only by the Shadow Proclamation. Misuse or theft of any TARDIS will result in extreme penalties and permanent exile."

It's curious that there have been so many references to the Doctor's first incarnation recently, and I wonder if there is a link? Obviously Hartnell is long gone, but wouldn't it be magnificent if they could use some sort of clever CG and make up to bring him back for an episode with 11! I doubt it, but still.

I've actually gotten bored of Rory already, he doesn't suit the TARDIS one bit. And Amy's peculiar inability to properly express her feelings for him remind me of a girl I once dated who couldn't quite wrap her mind around an emotion as complex as 'love'. Actually, the 3 of them are extremely dippy aren't they? How annoying.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                                Well well, only Doctor Who can tackle the big issues of suicide, child murder, and maiming the elderly and pass it off as 'children's entertainment'. Haha!

For me, my enjoyment of this current series is all in the details. For instance, the box beneath the TARDIS console read: "TARDIS. Time And Relative Dimension In Space. Build Site: Gallifrey Blackhole Shipyard. Type 40. Build date: 1963. Authorised for use by qualified Time Lords only by the Shadow Proclamation. Misuse or theft of any TARDIS will result in extreme penalties and permanent exile."

It's curious that there have been so many references to the Doctor's first incarnation recently, and I wonder if there is a link? Obviously Hartnell is long gone, but wouldn't it be magnificent if they could use some sort of clever CG and make up to bring him back for an episode with 11! I doubt it, but still.

I've actually gotten bored of Rory already, he doesn't suit the TARDIS one bit. And Amy's peculiar inability to properly express her feelings for him remind me of a girl I once dated who couldn't quite wrap her mind around an emotion as complex as 'love'. Actually, the 3 of them are extremely dippy aren't they? How annoying.
                                Rory gets better in the next episode now that all the jealousy issues are out of the way.

As for the first Doctor, I'd quite like to see him again. But obviously not as an old man. Just make it so that the Doctor meets his much younger self.

Comment

Working...
                                X