Amy's Choice (3107/507)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    I think the Doctor's dark side will always be there. It's always been there...it's just that the psychic pollen has given it a face and a personality now. It's brought it closer to the surface than its ever been before.

As for the psychic pollen...What if somehow the Doctor's dark side got imprinted on it and with him chucking it out in to the space/time vortex he's accidentally given it to the High Council of Time Lords who in turn use the essence of the Dream Lord to create the Valeyard? A reach perhaps...but it would explain how the Time Lords created the Valeyard in the first place.
    Thats quite a good idea, seeing as the Doctor just threw the pollen out for anyone to find

Comment

One thing I've noticed with the Eleventh Doctor, throughout the season, is that we're frequently reminded how alien he is in various ways, possibly to distance him from the slightly too human Doctors of the RTD era.

In particular, his time sensitivity. For example, the way he can simply see that something is very old, older than it appears to be on the surface (such as when he's looking at the old woman in this episode), or the way he can freeze a moment and examine it (such as in Eleventh Hour when he knows he just saw something but can't remember what) in his head. I think it fits well with his Time Lord nature - and couldn't the Doctor in the classic series do similar(ish) things?

Of course, the Ninth Doctor did something very similar with the large fan in his second story, but that is the only instance I can remember of the RTD Doctor(s) doing anything like that.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        Thats quite a good idea, seeing as the Doctor just threw the pollen out for anyone to find
        Thanks. And with Time Lords having a telepathic knowledge of each other and the Dream Lord coming from the Doctor's psyche I'm sure the chances are high of them becoming aware of the pollen and finding it floating around out there.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Easily the worst episode done so far.

I couldn't like this episode at all. It was nice seeing Amy finally recognise her true feelings for Rory and that she'd want to die rather than live without him, but that's it. The rest of the episode, horrible. Seriously, psychic pollen? Oh god.

sigpic

Comment

The Dr's Dark Side appearing......as long as he doesn't say 'Insert name her', you are my son....'

Comment

Originally posted by PMN1 View Post
              The Dr's Dark Side appearing......as long as he doesn't say 'Insert name her', you are my son....'
              Lol. I don't think we're in any danger of that happening. If the Dream Lord is the Valeyard or goes on to become the Valeyard, he'll be too busy trying to erase the Doctor's side of his existence by killing him to be making any sort of big "I am your father" revelations. The Dream Lord is as tainted with the Doctor's good side as the Doctor is tainted with the Dream Lord's dark side so in a fight they're both evenly matched.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I quite liked this episode.

-nice that Amy showed Rory that she chooses him. I think it's a good move for the character; even if I still don't see much chemistry between them. Maybe because I find that watching Amy and Rory isn't as much fun as watching Amy and the Doctor.
                -"You swallowed a planet!"
                -The doctor's nightmare.
                -Loved pregnant!Amy. And her faking labor to teach the doctor a lesson.
                -Ugh... The ponytail! so dreadful.
                -The cold star was a cool idea that I would like to actually see in the show's reality.
                -The old people were humorous and creepy, but not as entertaining as the rest of the plot.
                -I did guess pretty early on that both lives were dreams.
                -But I didn't see the whole Dreamlord being the Doctor thing coming. Brilliant. Toby Jones was awesome. Absolutely loved him. The looks he and Matt Smith gave each other. I have to go back and watch it again, now that I know what's up.
                -I'm glad they showed the Dreamlord's reflection at the end; gives me hope that Toby Jones will come back for more episodes.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  Easily the worst episode done so far.

I couldn't like this episode at all. It was nice seeing Amy finally recognise her true feelings for Rory and that she'd want to die rather than live without him, but that's it. The rest of the episode, horrible. Seriously, psychic pollen? Oh god.
                  Trash cans with plungers.
                  Last edited by Col.Foley; 15 May 2010, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Personly I liked it. It wasn't your ordinary doctor Who episode, and that I think made it unique. It was well done and overall very enjoyable to watch.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by rimorob View Post
                      I quite liked this episode.

-nice that Amy showed Rory that she chooses him. I think it's a good move for the character; even if I still don't see much chemistry between them. Maybe because I find that watching Amy and Rory isn't as much fun as watching Amy and the Doctor.
                      -"You swallowed a planet!"
                      -The doctor's nightmare.
                      -Loved pregnant!Amy. And her faking labor to teach the doctor a lesson.
                      -Ugh... The ponytail! so dreadful.
                      -The cold star was a cool idea that I would like to actually see in the show's reality.
                      -The old people were humorous and creepy, but not as entertaining as the rest of the plot.
                      -I did guess pretty early on that both lives were dreams.
                      -But I didn't see the whole Dreamlord being the Doctor thing coming. Brilliant. Toby Jones was awesome. Absolutely loved him. The looks he and Matt Smith gave each other. I have to go back and watch it again, now that I know what's up.
                      -I'm glad they showed the Dreamlord's reflection at the end; gives me hope that Toby Jones will come back for more episodes.
                      I liked these bits too, especially the swallowing the planet line indicating shes got fat (she was rather big), then Amy goes 'Im pregnant' then the Doctor baffles on then asks 'are you pregnant?' showing he wasnt really listening to Amy, and then when he wakes up, he refers to it as a nightmare, but then quickly changes his tone when he realised they all had the same dream and Amy and Rory liked it
                      Also loled at Amy thinking shes giving birth, but not because she doesnt know what it feels like, then faking labour to show the Doctor that the area isnt dull, she taught him a lesson there =P
                      As everyone else is saying on this thread, we all hope thats not the last we have seen of the Dream Lord lol

Comment

That was better than last weeks episode

The Dream Lord was interesting and I also think that the he is part of the Valeyard, which is cool. The story had a very ClassicWho vibe to it and I liked it. Doctor Who showed again no regards for real physics and astronomy when it came to the cold star but I am fine with that since it was after all only a dream. It made a good story. I hope we will see the Dream Lord again and this time he should duke it out with the doctor all alone in his subconscious. Without anyone there to help him and can we please have it a bit more freaky? I would be happy if it were anything like "The Attic" from Dollhouse but I am also happy with less.
                        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                        And he's wonderful.

Comment

I loved this episode! I was surprised to see that both realities were fake, I was a little afraid when the Doctor said he was going to blow up the TARDIS. I liked the idea of a Cold Star though, and the Dream Lord was awesome! I hope he turns out to be real. This episode may actually be one of my favorites of Series 5.

Comment

It was fabulous.

Dark humor, sarcasm, sudden twists, mystery... just love it. Who needs the End of Time to make a good episode?

Oh and... Would you like me to go down to the swimming pool to do a few lengths?

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                              I loved this episode! I was surprised to see that both realities were fake, I was a little afraid when the Doctor said he was going to blow up the TARDIS. I liked the idea of a Cold Star though, and the Dream Lord was awesome! I hope he turns out to be real. This episode may actually be one of my favorites of Series 5.
                              About the Dream Lord being real - Most people on this thread wish to see the Dream Lord again lol
                              Your favourite of Series 5 - Hadnt you better wait till the end of the season for a favourite? Dont want to jinx the rest of the season lol

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
                              It was fabulous.

Dark humor, sarcasm, sudden twists, mystery... just love it. Who needs the End of Time to make a good episode?

Oh and... Would you like me to go down to the swimming pool to do a few lengths?
                              These elements are also partly why i enjoyed this episode, much like the fact ive liked the whole season so far lol, been an enjoyable season so far and hopefully it continues

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                                About the Dream Lord being real - Most people on this thread wish to see the Dream Lord again lol
                                Your favourite of Series 5 - Hadnt you better wait till the end of the season for a favourite? Dont want to jinx the rest of the season lol

These elements are also partly why i enjoyed this episode, much like the fact ive liked the whole season so far lol, been an enjoyable season so far and hopefully it continues
                                Well, my favorite so far of course!

Comment

Working...
                                X