No announcement yet.

Flesh and Stone (3105/505)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it can be a continuity error. There are too many in various episodes. So TPTB are either getting very, very careless or something peculiar is going on with time - almost as if someone is re-arranging the timeline.

Also did anyone else notice the symbol on River's jacket and on the sphygmomanometer?
    Spoiler:

The Omega perhaps?

Comment

Why do I think I've seen that symbol before? And how much fun was it typing sphygmomanometer?

It does look a lot like an Omega, but I'm sure I've seen that exact symbol elsewhere before...
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

"Did I ever tell you? Best (medical secretary) temp in Chiswick! 100 words per minute."

Comment

I thought you were implying there was a connection between the symbol and Donna Noble for a minute, before I realised what you were saying! I can be such an idiot sometimes...

So...if the jacketed Doctor in the forest was actually future 11, and he was telling Amy to remember what he told her when she was 7...was that a reference to the brief snippet in Eleventh Hour when we see young Amelia sitting on her suitcase, in daylight, and smiling at the sound of the TARDIS? Initially I thought it was Amy dreaming, but now I'm not so sure.
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I wondered about that. And the fleeting figure we see in The Eleventh Hour. I thought it was Prisoner Zero but again, now I don't know.

Just another thing I remembered about details. In DW Confidential for TEH, apparently all the postcards etc in the post office, all have Leadworth written on them - they are that careful about getting tiny things right. So I honestly can't think that all these other errors are actually errors. I think they are part of the plot & will become apparent later.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              as history changes i wonder if amy will have a moment where she doesn't remember the doctor and why's she's on some alien planet
              I doubt it, because she should still remember him just like she remembered the soldiers. As a time traveller, she sees things differently, or some crap the Doctor told her.

sigpic

Comment

Sphygmomanometer
                Bless you.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  I doubt it, because she should still remember him just like she remembered the soldiers. As a time traveller, she sees things differently, or some crap the Doctor told her.
                  Which she might not be so lucky about if the space time event is strong enough. Clearly even she is forgetting some things, such as the invasion of the daleks.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                    So...if the jacketed Doctor in the forest was actually future 11, and he was telling Amy to remember what he told her when she was 7...was that a reference to the brief snippet in Eleventh Hour when we see young Amelia sitting on her suitcase, in daylight, and smiling at the sound of the TARDIS? Initially I thought it was Amy dreaming, but now I'm not so sure.
                    Oh very nice! This is the first time the idea of a season arc has properly worked for me since Bad Wolf and it's brilliant if even half of these things turn out to be the case. I'm still not certain about the things changing in her room though, I just feel that if it was deliberate it wouldn't be changing depending on the camera angle.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    Which she might not be so lucky about if the space time event is strong enough. Clearly even she is forgetting some things, such as the invasion of the daleks.
                    I was under the impression that now she's with the Doctor, but there could be any number of changes made between events happening and her boarding the TARDIS

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
                    However, this development is relatively necessary as we are 3rd person observers and while our view is subjective to the point that we are predisposed to The Doctor's team we are not PART of the team in a literal sense so it is illogical that because the camera can see an angel it subsequently cannot move. The movement on screen was also explained and reasoned quite well in my opinion, The Doctor said 'Their instincts will take over' or something of the sort, to those saying 'this refutes Ten's explanation because this says it's a concious decision,' No, it doesn't, instincts are not concious choices you make and often some are rooted in biological means while some are psychosomatic.
                    Sorry to keep coming back to this but I've had another thought...surely the Angels can see each other moving? Blink showed that that counts.
                    Last edited by pbellosom; 02 May 2010, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      But her memory loss of those events happened before she travelled through time. Now that she has, all her memories since her first trip through time should be unaffected by the cracks. It's going to be interesting to see just how much she doesn't remember, just to see how badly the cracks have affected time.

I think the more interesting this is potential resurrection of characters. How do we know it's just the memories people have lost? What if it's events in time being erased, thus affecting the memories. Torchwood London could in theory return to full operation, and even result in the resurrection of Harriet Jones, former Prime Minister.

Sorry to keep coming back to this but I've had another thought...surely the Angels can see each other moving? Blink showed that that counts.
                      That was perhaps the biggest continuity error for me. The biggest majority of them at times should have been in quantum lock regardless if one of the characters were viewing them. The only way for them to get potentially get out of this, is the Angels at the back who are looking forward, disappear to another area, this then allows the next row to move, who then move, that allows another row to move and so on.
                      Last edited by SaberBlade; 02 May 2010, 05:20 PM.

sigpic

Comment

I like the crack changing time, it would get rid of a lot of things, and a way for the timelords to come back, and not be evil, oh wait time travelers
                        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I think the symbol is supposed to be a stylised representation of alpha/omega. The alpha is inside the omega. Although, strictly pedanticly speaking, it looks more like lambda than alpha.

Excellent episode though. I am so pleased the writing has moved away from all the "forget the action, how do the characters feel about this?" that developed over the Rose Tyler, Donna Noble time.
                          sigpic

Comment

Did anyone notice the monitors in the room where the Dr guides Amy though the angels?

If you watch the ones behind him, you can see the eye from elventh hour for a few seconds in the static.
                            Dalek: You are an associate of the Doctor. Records indicate you will show mercy.
                            Song: I'm River Song, you better check your records again.
                            Dalek A moments pause: Mercy!
                            Song: Louder!
                            Dalek louder: Mercy!
                            Song: One more time.
                            Dalek panic: Mercy!!!

Dalek dust drifts away.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                              But her memory loss of those events happened before she travelled through time. Now that she has, all her memories since her first trip through time should be unaffected by the cracks. It's going to be interesting to see just how much she doesn't remember, just to see how badly the cracks have affected time.

I think the more interesting this is potential resurrection of characters. How do we know it's just the memories people have lost? What if it's events in time being erased, thus affecting the memories. Torchwood London could in theory return to full operation, and even result in the resurrection of Harriet Jones, former Prime Minister.

That was perhaps the biggest continuity error for me. The biggest majority of them at times should have been in quantum lock regardless if one of the characters were viewing them. The only way for them to get potentially get out of this, is the Angels at the back who are looking forward, disappear to another area, this then allows the next row to move, who then move, that allows another row to move and so on.
                              Well not neccesarily. It is possible that the Angels thought about this and made sure never to look at eachother directly. Just averting their gaze somewhat. It would only take one angel to not be looked at for it to move, and then if it happend to be looking at another angel then that one could move and you end up with this sort of peeling off effect. It seems a tad far fetched given their proximity to eachother in some places but nevertheless it would explain things.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

According to http://scarimor.livejournal.com/86494.html, the Doctor who told Amy to remember what he said to her is from a different point in time.

Comment

Working...
                                X