No announcement yet.

Flesh and Stone (3105/505)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is she just nervous about the wedding and wants one last romp?
    Yes. Steven Moffat explained on DW:C.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
      On a side note those guns the 'clerics' were using looked like the bottom half of a P90.
      The revived Doctor Who series has a history of characters passing off modified P90s as future weapons.
      Here is a list, from memory, of the episodes that featured modified P90s:
      The Impossible Planet
      The Satan Pit
      The Doctor's Daughter
      The Time Of Angels
      Flesh And Stone

They may have been used in Christopher Eccleston's series at some point but I don't quite remember. Wouldn't be surprising to be honest.
      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Agreed, I'd green you but it won't let me so have an unofficial one

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
          Agreed, I'd green you but it won't let me so have an unofficial one
          You mean me?

You are not very clear in that post.
          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post

For me, the most interesting part of the episode was that little bit with the Doctor and Amy in the forest where he says "remember what I said to you when you were 7". The episode is so hectic that it is easy to move past that scene as a viewer, but the Doctor's subtly different, and the way it was done so that it's noticeable but not too noticeable was brilliant. We hear the Doctor shouting goodbye at a distance from Amy off-screen, and then all of a sudden he's holding her hands, and his demeanor changes. He's much more tender, he's more visibly distressed, and he's speaking in riddles of sorts. The clincher, though, is that he has his jacket on when 5 seconds ago he was jacketless because he left it with the angels (I can't take credit for catching it, but I think it's really cool). Is this a different 11 from the future that appeared for a moment to deliver the message (even though that would be doubling back on his own timeline?)? Or is this the Doctor in Amy's head?
            Oh wow, very nice catch. I wonder what he wants Amy to remember then? Also, how did that coat back?

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
              Yeah, I figured that the date would correspond with the season finale. As I watched the episode, I thought it was fun to think that I was peering into the future and watching what Amy and the Doctor are up to two months from now.

For me, the most interesting part of the episode was that little bit with the Doctor and Amy in the forest where he says "remember what I said to you when you were 7". The episode is so hectic that it is easy to move past that scene as a viewer, but the Doctor's subtly different, and the way it was done so that it's noticeable but not too noticeable was brilliant. We hear the Doctor shouting goodbye at a distance from Amy off-screen, and then all of a sudden he's holding her hands, and his demeanor changes. He's much more tender, he's more visibly distressed, and he's speaking in riddles of sorts. The clincher, though, is that he has his jacket on when 5 seconds ago he was jacketless because he left it with the angels (I can't take credit for catching it, but I think it's really cool). Is this a different 11 from the future that appeared for a moment to deliver the message (even though that would be doubling back on his own timeline?)? Or is this the Doctor in Amy's head?
              Very nice catch with the jacket and possible future 11. I only just saw it on the third viewing...beat me to it! I initially thought it was just a continuity goof, but I think Moffat's too clever - the fact that a five second reference to a duck pond in the first episode ended up being a very important indicator of what's wrong with the universe suggests there will be things like this throughout the series. We already know of the obvious one - Amy not remembering the Daleks - so I'm wondering if it's worth rewatching all the previous episodes on iPlayer in light of this and other development(s), to see if other seemingly minor things get similar treatment.

I didn't hear the Cyberking reference first time, I'm glad it got dealt with - hopefully, it will remain forgotten. Each time I watch Flesh and Stone again, I like it more. Amy's 'thing' with the Doctor bothers me less now I'm expecting it and have put it in the context of pre-wedding jitters. I really don't want her to be another Doctor-worshipping companion like Rose and Martha.
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                On a side note those guns the 'clerics' were using looked like the bottom half of a P90.
                Actually, they looked like F2000. They are made from the same company as the P90, which is why they look somewhat similar.

Overall I really enjoyed this episode. A small part of me though this episode wasn't going to be as good but it turned out even better. So far this series is brilliant (Minus the hic-up that is victory of the Daleks) and it is defently way better than anything RTD has thrown at us

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  So let's be honest guys.................how many of us wouldn't have been as noble as the Doctor at the end there?
                  Noble, schmoble! We're talking about Amy Pond here.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
                    The movement on screen was also explained and reasoned quite well in my opinion, The Doctor said 'Their instincts will take over' or something of the sort, to those saying 'this refutes Ten's explanation because this says it's a concious decision,' No, it doesn't, instincts are not concious choices you make and often some are rooted in biological means while some are psychosomatic.
                    But Ten described it as them being "Quantum locked" and quantum is done on whether you can or cannot see it, not whether it thinks you can see it. To use the example of Schroedinger's Cat, the cat is both alive and dead until you look at it, NOT until you trick the cat into thinking you're looking at. To be fair this was also why the angel talking bugged me as well, surely hearing it counts as observing it?

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                      You mean me?

You are not very clear in that post.
                      Nah sorry I meant Alan, it's been a while since I've been here and everything's changed

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                        Actually, they looked like F2000. They are made from the same company as the P90, which is why they look somewhat similar.
                        I think it's a P90 variant - the PS90, the civilian semi-auto version, with some futuristic furniture added to make it look, well, futuristic.

As for the angels, in Blink the Doctor said they were quantum locked and that they have no choice, it's a fact of their biology (actually he said almost precisely that). Go to 2:58 in this video to hear it from the man himself:

And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

LOOL
                          "Amy, I am 907 years old, do you understand what that means?"
                          "That it's been a while?"
                          "Yea - No, no no"

Love it
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

OooHhhh!

I reading on LJ where someone thought there was a pic of Rose/Billie Piper on Amy's wall & posted a pic.

I had a look at my screencaps to see if I could find a clearer pic when I noticed that the pictures change half way through the scene.

Check it out.

Spoiler:

Edit - and the dressing gown/scarf hanging on the back of the door.

Comment

as history changes i wonder if amy will have a moment where she doesn't remember the doctor and why's she's on some alien planet
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post

I had a look at my screencaps to see if I could find a clearer pic when I noticed that the pictures change half way through the scene.

Check it out.

Spoiler:

Edit - and the dressing gown/scarf hanging on the back of the door.
                                I'm wondering whether we're reading too much into a continuity error actually, rewatching the show I notice that they don't stay changed but switch depending on whether we've got a close up of them standing in front of the TARDIS. Still reckon the but in the forest was deliberate though

Comment

Working...
                                X