Blink (2910/310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
    According to The Doctor Who Adventures magazine the Weeping Angels are the scariest monsters of the last series http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/...12/48755.shtml
    We don't see them move, we don't hear them talk - great concept and superb editing.
    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
      That episode is awesome!!!! It's a perfect blend of creepy, sad, and compelling. I hope that we get more of Stephen Moffat's work in the future.

Spoiler:
      And yes, I hope that he takes over the show if RTD leaves.
      Stephen Moffat has written for all 3 series so far, he wrote The Empty Child/Doctor Dances and The Girl in the Fireplace

Comment

Just got two questions... What happens if someone turns the light off in the basement?

Would it have been equally effective to simply place a mirror in front of each angel?

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
          Watched the episode again, love it everytime.

And yes, Sally would make an excellent companion! She has all the qualities, but now that she's basically settling down I don't know if that would ever be possible.
          I agree! I hope she at least comes back for another episode even if she couldn't stay on as a companion- a one trip in the TARDIS type deal would be nice.

Comment

Finally got to see the episode everyone has been talking about and it was worth the wait! I love Sally Sparrow, and the writing was top notch. Sally would make a great companion.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin's_Legacy View Post
              Just got two questions... What happens if someone turns the light off in the basement?
              Scope for them to return in the event of a power cut
              scarimor

Comment

I did a bad thing.....

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                  I agree, Sally Sparrow was fantastic. I never really liked Rose or Martha. The first one was too...um, let´s just say that she created more problems than solved
                  To put it mildly, then most companions do that, Sarah Jane was always getting into trouble and don't start me on my fave gal ACE.
                  Martha was in love from very first moment.
                  Now that totally got on my *cough* I mean nothing wrong with lovin' The Doctor but that just came off as pathetic imho.
                  Sally was action, smart, with her head in right place. I´d be happy to see her as a companion. Or she could at least return for few episodes.
                  Hmm, she is probably too smart, she reminds me of Romana I. I liked Romana I but in the end I see why they regenerated her into Romana II.

I am still at a lost to understand why Sally grabs hold of 'what's his name's' hand so pointedly when The Doctor looks at her. Did I miss something? Maybe something got cut out and this made sense then?

Comment

I think the pointed message was to whatsisname, to say to him that although her doctor-obsession has been a slight dampener on their relationship for some time, now she's ready to pay him more attention.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                      I think the pointed message was to whatsisname, to say to him that although her doctor-obsession has been a slight dampener on their relationship for some time, now she's ready to pay him more attention.
                      Oh, OK but it seemed to be 'acted' as if it was Sally 'saying' something to The Doctor. Mabybe she was 'saying' something to herself. *shugs*

Comment

In the final scene (where Larry (whatsisname) turned up) the Doctor looked at him as thought he recognised him, it's what it looked like to me anyway

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                          Quite frankly, I think this whole "digital switchover" thing is a con job.

Have you heard of any country besides the UK that's doing it?

Australia

2008 was supposed to be the year they turn off the analog transmitters
                          but the take up rate of digital set top boxes has pushed that back to
                          2010 .....

I too think it's all a big con... What was wrong with normal TV
                          transmission?

Going all digital makes me wonder, (my paranoid half) has all sorts of
                          conspirational ideas such as manipulation of the news.. digital editing
                          for political gain......
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

This was one of the best episodes this season..... Just the best

I loved the statues ides.

But like another poster I have to ask about that whole thing with
                            the quantum lock thingy. Some problems with that. Would the
                            statues looking at each other be enough? What if the light goes
                            out?

What if you put a mirror in front of a statue? Would it seeing itself
                            be enough to stop it moving?

And what if you belted it with a sledgehammer and broke it to bits.
                            =================================================

I really did like the episode and it has creeped me out like all you others
                            because my room has lots of little statues.. I collect figurines of 1920s
                            women.. And ever since this show I can't help but glance up at them
                            from the screen when I am at the computer. Brrrrrrrrrr scary..

Oh loved Sally Sparrow. Did anyone notice the name Sparrow is also
                            in Donnie Darko?

I did not believe her instant infatuation with the young cop.. Just a bit
                            too soap opera for me. No one goes all gushy like that unless they can't
                            control their hormones.. Eeeewww I didn't like that scene.

Oh but what a fantastic episode.
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
                              This was one of the best episodes this season..... Just the best

I loved the statues ides.

But like another poster I have to ask about that whole thing with
                              the quantum lock thingy. Some problems with that. Would the
                              statues looking at each other be enough? What if the light goes
                              out?

What if you put a mirror in front of a statue? Would it seeing itself
                              be enough to stop it moving?

And what if you belted it with a sledgehammer and broke it to bits.
                              What about insects? Birds? Animals? If they can see the statue, should it still be able to move?

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
                                Australia

2008 was supposed to be the year they turn off the analog transmitters
                                but the take up rate of digital set top boxes has pushed that back to
                                2010 .....

I too think it's all a big con... What was wrong with normal TV
                                transmission?

Going all digital makes me wonder, (my paranoid half) has all sorts of
                                conspirational ideas such as manipulation of the news.. digital editing
                                for political gain......
                                The US is doing the digital switchover in 2008, too.

The reason for it isn't anything quite so nefarious. Current analog TV transmission takes up a huge chunk of the available broadcast spectrum because of the required bandwidth. By going digital, the TV signal will take up less space in another part of the spectrum, which means all that previously occupied bandwidth is now available for use in other places. Primarily, as I understand it, the US intends to use it for communication by emergency personnel (police, fire, ambulance, etc). I imagine there are quite a few corporations with a few ideas they'd like to try, as well.
                                Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                                X