Blink (2910/310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeaBee View Post
    This episode was by far the best episode of the season for me, although my family wern't that bothered.

Well written, well acted, extra tense and a real behind the sofa episode.
    Agreed.

This episode made me jump, especially when ... (open at your own risk )
    Spoiler:
    Boo!
    sigpic
    Don't touch Lola

Comment

A very good episode, really clever and well written. But am i the only one who has a problem with the ending? I haven't read all the posts in this thread so i apologise if this has come up before.

How did the Doctor know Sally would be in that house and when to duck? It seems strange that a statue would throw an object instead of attacking her.

When the statues are all left facing each other after the Tardis leaves, the two main characters stand up blocking the view of a few statues which would have given some of them time to move.

Also why did the light come back on? As soon as it goes off again the statues will be able to move.

But overall it was something different, and certainly one if the better episodes this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumper View Post
        A very good episode, really clever and well written. But am i the only one who has a problem with the ending? I haven't read all the posts in this thread so i apologise if this has come up before.

How did the Doctor know Sally would be in that house and when to duck? It seems strange that a statue would throw an object instead of attacking her.

When the statues are all left facing each other after the Tardis leaves, the two main characters stand up blocking the view of a few statues which would have given some of them time to move.

Also why did the light come back on? As soon as it goes off again the statues will be able to move.

But overall it was something different, and certainly one if the better episodes this season.
        The script of the Doctor's conversation was part of what Sally gave the Doctor at the end of the episode. Because he told her to duck, he knew he had to tell her to duck.

It's all timey-wimey and stuff.
        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by Dumper View Post
          It's a predestination paradox. She read the warnings, wrote down how and what happened, gave the doctor the file and in turn wrote the warnings.

As for the statues throwing... Maybe they just like to mix up their game a bit. It must get boring stealing people's potential life energy the whole time...

ETA: uknesvuinng. CURSES!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

If the statues are just stone why not belt them with a sledgehammer or something when they're frozen. No more bad aliens simple.

Although the ending of the episode was quite brill and spooky.
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I like to pretend there's a little scene where the Doctor goes back and pounds all the statues into dust, because let's face it, as soon as the lights go out the statues would be on the move again.

Comment

I know I always wondered why they didn't wait until they has their eyes uncovered then move them into a position where they are looking at each other.

It would of been cool if Sally would of become a companion, maybe in the future?
                sigpic

Comment

Blink was also quite shippy .... Not a fan of shippyness but I've said my piece already a few posts above.

Comment

this episode was brilliant, even if we barley got to see the doctor...
                    mmm...david tennant....
                    sigpic

NO WAI!

A question which often drives me hazy-
                    Am I, or the others, crazy?

Comment

sheer brilliance i nearly cried at the end when sally found the doctor outside the shop the music and moment were great
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

this was a fantastic episode. i love the fact that something that looks so safe as the weeping angels do could become something so dangers when u blink. i also like the fact this episode wasn't all about the doctor but also about a normal person who helps save the day with help from the doctor. i also like the fact that it was a self fafilling proficiency.
                        Last edited by gateship15; 29 September 2008, 12:20 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Loved this episode.
                          Visit my Website

Comment

Blink was an amazing episode but ... did anyone else notice when the Doctor talks about the "wibbly-wobbly ball of timey-whimey stuff" that the whole line had been lifted from Stargate SG-1 (Carter says it, I think in Moebius, Pt. 1).

Pi to 16 decimal places: 3.1415926535897932

Comment

Hiya, new to the Doctor threads *waves* but I have to admit that 'Blink' scared the bejesus out of me! I think it must take a total genius to come up with a storyline like that and they certainly earn their money! The only one that surpassed it IMHO was 'The Family of Blood' which made me cry buckets (still does), but for sheer 'edge of seat' it has to be 'Blink'
                              Sigs by the very gifted Luciana
                              STARCON - For further information, please go to: aurorisentertainment

Comment

Originally posted by obsidian1771 View Post
                                Blink was an amazing episode but ... did anyone else notice when the Doctor talks about the "wibbly-wobbly ball of timey-whimey stuff" that the whole line had been lifted from Stargate SG-1 (Carter says it, I think in Moebius, Pt. 1).

OMG Really?

BTW I love this episode but found it too shippy in parts.

Like Sally's friend I found it a bit hard to believe she would hitch up with that guy just like that, and on top of that lie about her age, but then again she was a woman

Comment

Working...
                                X