'Defiance' (Rockne S. O'Bannon/Syfy) -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    At one point I thought every single male was after Amanda haha...... She's nice and attractive but geez..

I do hope Pottinger is dead as he was a real douchebag.

Berlin also annoyed the crap out of me with her stupid video camera.

Stahma and Datak are the best characters of the whole ensemble. I would love to see her up against Cersei Lannister.

I think Stahma may actually win against Cersei
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
      I think Stahma may actually win against Cersei
      I know. It's a fight I'd like to see....

Or her against that blonde chick with the dragons

I wonder how Nolan and Irisa will get out of the stasis pod for season 3?
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Season 3 will show us one of the Votan planets (I'd say its either Casti, Daribo or Omec, I'm leaning towards Omec as the Omec race show up in the series) and some scenes in outer space.

Source: https://twitter.com/kevinmurphyhc/st...16947660201985

Comment

I just hope season 3 will be entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
            Season 3 will show us one of the Votan planets (I'd say its either Casti, Daribo or Omec, I'm leaning towards Omec as the Omec race show up in the series) and some scenes in outer space.

Source: https://twitter.com/kevinmurphyhc/st...16947660201985
            They should have done that from the first season and not only once. Now it's too late for me.

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
              They should have done that from the first season and not only once. Now it's too late for me.

Well that's writers for you..

Had it been me season 1 would have started on the Votan worlds and shown the evacuation.......
              Season 2 would have been Earth
              Then season 3 with the stuff that happened in season 1 and 2

Comment

Maybe, but Defiance was never meant to be a space-battle scifi. It's like watching The Simpsons and wanting to see continuity, it aint gonna happen.

Comment

Maybe, but Defiance was never meant to be a space-battle scifi. It's like watching The Simpsons and wanting to see continuity, it aint gonna happen.
                  Who said anything about battles?
                  Last edited by pakar; 25 April 2015, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Who said anything about battles?
                    It's just that people hear scifi and assume its all in space with ships and when something is not that, they subconsciously tune it out.

Comment

It's just that people hear scifi and assume its all in space with ships and when something is not that, they subconsciously tune it out.
                      It'a series with alien races who left their system to survive and came to earth and a war followed and earth transformed into a new planet and humans and aliens try to leave in this world or even dominate it. And what we got as a backstory for all this? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. What we got are love affairs and family intrigues and about 5-7 minutes of actual sci fi in every episode, especially in season 2 ( oh yes they remember sci fi every season finale).
                      Last edited by pakar; 26 April 2015, 03:56 AM.

Comment

It'a series with alien races who left their system to survive and came to earth and a war followed and earth transformed into a new planet and humans and aliens try to leave in this world or even dominate it. And what we got as a backstory for all this? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. What we got are love affairs and family intrigues and about 5-7 minutes of actual sci fi in every episode, especially in season 2 ( oh yes they remember sci fi every season finale).

As I said this is how I think the show should have gone.

Season 1 would have started on the Votan worlds and shown the evacuation.......
                        Season 2 would have been Earth
                        Then season 3 with the stuff that happened in season 1 and 2

As it all stands now I think season 3 will be the last we see of Defiance.

Comment

Yes, but it was never meant to show the backstory, it was never meant to be set in space or on another planet, it was billed as an immigrant drama. I've said it before and will say it again - Defiance is transmedia. Bits of information come from all over the place to fill in the gaps - some from the show, some from the various websites and videos and so on. You don't need to see them all to get a sense of what happened.

There have been people who've said that they never told us what happened, but within the first few minutes of the show you are told the story: "I was born into the world that came after. After the vessels that carried my people were destroyed. After the Arkfalls began. After the Terraformers changed his planet forever. The earth he once knew is gone. Dead as the star system my people left behind." People who gloss over that are the ones who complain, they're usually the casual viewers.

Comment

One more thing: what did they show us from this transformed earth? about 10 minutes. Why nothing about what's happening in the Votan collective? why nothing about the transformation of earth in other parts of the planet? I'm not asking for much, let's say an episode about the wider world, 2 or 3 episodes with flashbacks about the past. Unfortunately nothing.

Comment

We've seen the Badlands (mountains, desert areas, forests with alien plants, fields of strange flowers), New York (with all its alien buildings and then it as it was terraformed), New Chicago (now frozen with people living in sewers), AngelArc (half sunken LA with numerous well known buildings such as the Capitol Records building, Griffith Observatory and Mann's Chinese Theater) as well as the Golden Gate Bridge. If you could the Lost Ones webisodes we've also seen around Denver too. We've been shown a lot so far. The Defiance website does talk about things that happened in other parts of the world, such as Canada and Europe, but we probably won't touch on them too much.

The show is about the town of Defiance, so its going to be centered there.

Comment

The show is about the town of Defiance, so its going to be centered there.
                                That's exactly the problem .It leads, unavoidably, to soap opera.

Comment

Working...
                                X