• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some season 3 info: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...oronto/358201/

Some new cast info:
    Lee Tergesen as General Rahm Tak
    Nichole Galicia as Kindzi
    Conrad Coates as T’evgin

We also get another Votan race, the Omec, I had hoped we would learn about this race at some point. The Volge (the big guys from the Pilot) conquered them but they weren't all wiped out.

Comment

The Volge still scare me a bit in the game. The fact that the AI for them lets them chase you for a 1/2 mile past any event if they get too antagonized.......

One or two shots they generally won't bother you but if the damage points go high enough they will single you out and hound you.
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        The Volge still scare me a bit in the game. The fact that the AI for them lets them chase you for a 1/2 mile past any event if they get too antagonized.......

One or two shots they generally won't bother you but if the damage points go high enough they will single you out and hound you.
        Gets a bit annoying when that one Viscera targets you and you only shot it a few times, yet everyone else is unloading clips into it.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          Gets a bit annoying when that one Viscera targets you and you only shot it a few times, yet everyone else is unloading clips into it.
          Haha yes that's the one...... It's like they take it personally on you.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
            Some season 3 info: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...oronto/358201/

Some new cast info:
            Lee Tergesen as General Rahm Tak
            Nichole Galicia as Kindzi
            Conrad Coates as T’evgin

We also get another Votan race, the Omec, I had hoped we would learn about this race at some point. The Volge (the big guys from the Pilot) conquered them but they weren't all wiped out.
            Nice update. Anyone know anything about the Omec?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
              Nice update. Anyone know anything about the Omec?
              Well we know that are a warriors (probably like the Irathients but more aggressive) and they were conquered by the Volge. It's possible that they don't breath oxygen like the Volge (why would the Volge have conquered there planet otherwise) and I think they'll look fairly human (like the Irathients and Castithans do) because there are two different people playing Omec characters so a standard face molded prosthetic would be an easy bet.

Comment

Season 3 filming starts in the next week or two

Comment

Defiance... what a waste of a brilliantly constructed universe only to be so badly executed

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
                    Defiance... what a waste of a brilliantly constructed universe only to be so badly executed
                    Care to elaborate?

Season 2 was way better then season 1 but had too much sexy stuff.

Comment

Care to elaborate?

Season 2 was way better then season 1 but had too much sexy stuff.
                      Season 2 was more soap opera than science fiction. As some other people call it it was soap-fi. The series could be renamed to:
                      the adventures of sherrif Nolan, or
                      thi intrigues of the Tarr family, or
                      Amanda and the mayor.

Season 1 was not great, not even very good but at least it was science fiction

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
                        Season 2 was more soap opera than science fiction. As some other people call it it was soap-fi. The series could be renamed to:
                        the adventures of sherrif Nolan, or
                        thi intrigues of the Tarr family, or
                        Amanda and the mayor.

Season 1 was not great, not even very good but at least it was science fiction

I thought 2 was better then season 1....... The first season bored me

Comment

I thought 2 was better then season 1....... The first season bored me
                          The second season bored me. It amazes me that writers still haven't found a balance between soapy bits and science fiction. Syfy shows seems to go to far one way or the other.

Ascension claim pretty close to the right balance for me through. I prefer season 1 defiance to season 2 defiance.

Comment

Overall, I thought that the second season was better than the first. I found most of what was going on more interesting, especially Irisa's story arc (though I thought that it was poorly paced). I had problems with the pacing for some of the the story/character arcs during both seasons though. My biggest problem with the second season was that I thought the show got a bit too carried away with the love drama. I mean, they had the Pottinger/Amanda/Nolan/Berlin/Tommy/Irisa/Mordecai (I might be leaving some people out)love polygon (or maybe it's a train) and the Christie/Alak/Treasure Doll stuff. I really hope they tone it down a bit. The whole town doesn't need to be swapping lovers.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                              Overall, I thought that the second season was better than the first. I found most of what was going on more interesting, especially Irisa's story arc (though I thought that it was poorly paced). I had problems with the pacing for some of the the story/character arcs during both seasons though. My biggest problem with the second season was that I thought the show got a bit too carried away with the love drama. I mean, they had the Pottinger/Amanda/Nolan/Berlin/Tommy/Irisa/Mordecai (I might be leaving some people out)love polygon (or maybe it's a train) and the Christie/Alak/Treasure Doll stuff. I really hope they tone it down a bit. The whole town doesn't need to be swapping lovers.

At one point I thought every single male was after Amanda haha...... She's nice and attractive but geez..

I do hope Pottinger is dead as he was a real douchebag.

Berlin also annoyed the crap out of me with her stupid video camera.

Stahma and Datak are the best characters of the whole ensemble. I would love to see her up against Cersei Lannister.

Comment

At one point I thought every single male was after Amanda haha...... She's nice and attractive but geez..

I do hope Pottinger is dead as he was a real douchebag.

Berlin also annoyed the crap out of me with her stupid video camera.

Stahma and Datak are the best characters of the whole ensemble. I would love to see her up against Cersei Lannister.
                                I liked Pottinger even though he was a douche a lot of the time. I love Stahma and Datak, I love their scheming. I also love Irisa, and Irisa and Nolan's relationship (I think Nolan's pretty cool too most of the time).
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X