No announcement yet.

'Defiance' (Rockne S. O'Bannon/Syfy) -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want less sex and angsty drama. FFS it's not a soap opera. Keep that sh*t on The Bold And The Crappiful where it belongs........That's the kind of crappy show for that sh*t..

Where is the scifi in this show? It's not really present in this last season. I want to learn more about the aliens why I think they kind of lied about their intentions for Earth.... My own POV that is......

I want to learn more about things like The Volge. We barely saw them in the pilot episode and I'd like to see how they live, what they get up to when not fighting etc...

I read a rumour and not sure if it's true that the Volge were not in fact aliens but Votan test subjects for some kind of experiment by the Indogenes back on the Votan's homeworld...
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

It does have scifi. I get sick and tired of people using that to show their dislike. By the nature of the show it is scifi. It can't have aliens without being scifi. Also sex and relationships does not equate to soap opera
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        It does have scifi. I get sick and tired of people using that to show their dislike. By the nature of the show it is scifi. It can't have aliens without being scifi. Also sex and relationships does not equate to soap opera

Yeah but I felt they over did the sex stuff.... Balance and all. I did love season 2

According to TVbythenumbers and Kevin Murphy we are getting Season 3 yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Meh. It was on very little

Didn't you read above? S3 was already posted
          Jelgate is right

Comment

When I heard the guy that wrote a lot of Farscape was doing this I was hyped. I still love the show but I had expectations that the writing would be on that level.

Comment

I was glad to see this got a 3rd season, hope they take it an a good and slightly different direction!
              sigpic

Comment

Given that I suspect there budget will be further decrease given the audience figures, I suspect season 3 will have even more crap about Castithan and their traditions than season two.

Comment

I watched the first season last month and think the show is, IMHO very mediocre. Some interesting parts but not enough to make the show somehow special.
                  It´s like a crime/drama in a world a alien pops up once in a while. I hoped Defiance would have been better, I already stopped watching. The actors convinced me not at all.

To bad, I was hoping for a good SciFi show. But since SyFy was made into "MegaShark" channel, everything seems to go into trash.
                  sigpic

Comment

I hope you won't give up. S2 is quite better than S1
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I love the final 2 episodes of S2..........all that purple smoke and terraforming...... Felt like Once Upon A Time with aliens hehe....

Love that a lot of the tech still works despite the ships being in shambles..

Now that the Arkbelt is gone what next?

Comment

I really like the series. Almost makes me want to checkout the video game. Anybody try the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                          I really like the series. Almost makes me want to checkout the video game. Anybody try the game?

The game has had a very rough history...... Not helped by a developer like Trion that doesn't really care about it.

It's OK. It's not great, but having played through the season 1 and 2 main stories it was fun..

Other then that it's an individual thing. You may hate it or love it.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            I hope you won't give up. S2 is quite better than S1
                            Maybe I´ll check it out just because I trust your opinion. I always need a reason to watch further, sometimes it´s an actor I like or the character he plays, story, music whatever...to bad I haven´t find that.

How´s the Defiance video game, perhaps that will make the show cool?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              The game has had a very rough history...... Not helped by a developer like Trion that doesn't really care about it.

It's OK. It's not great, but having played through the season 1 and 2 main stories it was fun..

Other then that it's an individual thing. You may hate it or love it.
                              I don't think Trion doesn't care about Defiance. If that was the case we wouldn't be getting a halloween event or anything else for that matter.

The game is great, most people just assume its the best of the best and then get annoyed when the servers go offline (not unheard of in an online game). I for one experience only the littlest downtime or lag (and the lag has to do with my computer, not the game or servers).

As with most things, I say try rather than listen to others opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                                I don't think Trion doesn't care about Defiance. If that was the case we wouldn't be getting a halloween event or anything else for that matter.

The game is great, most people just assume its the best of the best and then get annoyed when the servers go offline (not unheard of in an online game). I for one experience only the littlest downtime or lag (and the lag has to do with my computer, not the game or servers).

As with most things, I say try rather than listen to others opinions.

I still love the game but it does have issues, as do most games....

I actually removed SWTOR today. I just got bored with it. Having said that I don't log in Defiance much any more either apart from doing dailies or collecting daily rewards.

Comment

Working...
                                X