SyFy/Neilsen Caprica Rating Predictions/Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Detox View Post
    The issue doesn't seem to be that people don't know about the show, the issues seems more to be that people just don't like the show.

Also, does anyone have the numbers for last week? If it was even a new episode?
    Their was no new episode last week due to what I expect is because of the Winter Olympics Opening Cermony.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Hi, everyone. I'm a new user.

The ratings are disasterous. They've dropped half a million viewers in three weeks, and tonight's episode will probably pull under a million viewers, though it'll probably rebound a bit next week.

I think the show is pretty clearly doomed, and I think when they say "We're in it for the long haul," they probably just mean "We're in it for a season," as with that disasterous Flash Gordon series that no one watched, but which they did the full 20 eps on. Do a season, and hope to recoup some of their losses on the DVD box set. Which, in this case, is kind of a drag as I kinda' dig Caprica, to my surprise (I despised the last couple years of BSG)

I've never quite figured out the thought process behind Syfy. It's almost like they refuse to follow the model of their sister network, USA, which manages to crank out a half-dozen well regarded, high-ratings, well-written shows every season, while Syfy seems barely able to have two shows running at once, and can never seem to generate any momentum for their original programming.
      Sincerely,

Kevin Long
      (The Artist Formerly Known As Republibot 3.0)
      http://www.kevin-long.com

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        creative decision and high production costs.
        Higher than Caprica?

Comment

I would think that's likely, yes.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
            The issue doesn't seem to be that people don't know about the show, the issues seems more to be that people just don't like the show.

Also, does anyone have the numbers for last week? If it was even a new episode?
            There was no new eps but some Live+7 numbers came out. I happen to know that not even with Live+7 did the show manage to get above 2 Million viewers.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
              While I like these news, I'm not going to get my hopes up when there's a big risk that Syfy will crush them.
              They are good at that, aren't they?
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                They are good at that, aren't they?
                SyFy for all its faults keeps on to their shows as much as possible. But it is still a business and if a prodcut isn't performing time to replace it
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

SyFy for all its faults keeps on to their shows as much as possible. But it is still a business and if a prodcut isn't performing time to replace it
                  I have just been burned a lot by them over the years.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Last I remember though The Dresden Files had decent ratings but it wasn't cancelled anyways.

Oh well, back on topic! I hope Caprica survives!

Comment

@ Briangate: Oh, they certainly didn't get above two million! They haven't even gotten close to two million yet. The premier was 1.6 million, the 2nd ep was 1.4 million, the 3rd ep was 1.1 million. I'd be really surprised if last night's showing got even a million.
                      Sincerely,

Kevin Long

Comment

To be honest, I don't really think Syfy has much loyalty to their shows. I mean, they killed SG1 when it was their second-highest-rated show because it was someone else's originally, and SGA was "Theirs." I've been told they figured if they killed SG1, then fans would have to go to SGA for their fix. Then they killed SGA mainly because it never performed as well as the show they'd killed, and started SGU, which I really like, but which seems almost designed to alienate casual fans. Despite it being their flagship show, they treated BSG terribly, and the fans worse, though I do think their decision to cancel that one was justified. Meanwhile, they hold on to low-budget crap like "Flash Gordon" that noooooooooooo oneeeeeeeee likes, or watches, mainly because it's low budget and fills up their schedule.

The crazy thing to me is that Syfy's mandate is allegedly SF, but they consistently manage to show less of it than BBC America, who's mandate is *NOT* SF. There's no real excuse for it, Syfy is just doing a bad job.
                        Sincerely,

Kevin Long

Comment

Originally posted by Republibot 3.0 View Post
                          @ Briangate: Oh, they certainly didn't get above two million! They haven't even gotten close to two million yet. The premier was 1.6 million, the 2nd ep was 1.4 million, the 3rd ep was 1.1 million. I'd be really surprised if last night's showing got even a million.
                          I'm referring to the time shifting audience that gets added later. But yeah the numbers above are what really counts.
                          sigpic

Comment

Against Olympics, Caprica Steady With 18-49, But Older Viewers Drop Off

Caprica dipped under a million average viewers on Friday night against the Olympics (after taking the week off against the opening ceremonies in Vancouver on 2/12), averaging .976 million. But while total viewers dropped, the 18-49 rating has been flat, at least when rounded to one decimal place. But rounded to one decimal, the four weeks caprica have aired, including the two hour premiere had 0.4, 0.5, 0.4 and 0.4 as far as adults 18-49 ratings.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/02/22...drop-off/42678

Comment

I keep hoping this show will improve in the ratings. I mean come on people!
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Why can't SyFy be like HBO or Starz and renew shows before they even start airing?
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X