SyFy/Neilsen Caprica Rating Predictions/Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    I think what stinks even more is a show that is cancelled but still performing well, since it is in like the top 3 shows for the network.
    It depends on the other factors as well. We know renewal is more then just the ratings
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Syfy Standing Firmly Behind 'Caprica'

Thanks to the Internet and a thirst for information, television fans in 2010 are far more savvy than they have ever been before. Blogs, message boards, even Twitter are filled with discussions dissecting ratings, audience attitude and instant reactions to just about anything that pops up on the boob tube. But while smarter viewers typically result in smarter programs, it can sometimes backfire into rampant speculation that could help bury a show.

That's exactly what Syfy doesn't want to happen to its newest series "Caprica." And no matter what Entertainment Weekly's Michael Ausiello wants to predict with his cable scorecard, network executives say the "Battlestar Galactica" spinoff is here to stay.

"We're definitely with 'Caprica' for the long haul," Syfy's VP of original programming Mark Stern told Airlock Alpha Thursday. "There's no question about it. We knew exactly what it was not going to be, that is an easily adopted show. It's not 'Battlestar Galactica,' it's its own animal. And we definitely recognize that it's going to find its audience and it's going to grow its audience."

continues:
      http://www.airlockalpha.com/node/7148

Comment

So, as you were saying Brian and Jel?

Looks like SyFy might give Caprica a second season no matter what!

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post

Thanks to the Internet and a thirst for information, television fans in 2010 are far more savvy than they have ever been before. Blogs, message boards, even Twitter are filled with discussions dissecting ratings, audience attitude and instant reactions to just about anything that pops up on the boob tube. But while smarter viewers typically result in smarter programs, it can sometimes backfire into rampant speculation that could help bury a show.

That's exactly what Syfy doesn't want to happen to its newest series "Caprica." And no matter what Entertainment Weekly's Michael Ausiello wants to predict with his cable scorecard, network executives say the "Battlestar Galactica" spinoff is here to stay.

"We're definitely with 'Caprica' for the long haul," Syfy's VP of original programming Mark Stern told Airlock Alpha Thursday. "There's no question about it. We knew exactly what it was not going to be, that is an easily adopted show. It's not 'Battlestar Galactica,' it's its own animal. And we definitely recognize that it's going to find its audience and it's going to grow its audience."

continues:
          can i get a woot woot
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post

I sure hope so. So far, I am really enjoying this show. Yeah, it is totally different in tone from BSG. To me, that isn't necessarily a bad thing.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Isn't the 1st time I have heard SyFy spin BS and it won't be the last
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post

continues:
                While I like these news, I'm not going to get my hopes up when there's a big risk that Syfy will crush them.
                Last edited by EvilSpaceAlien; 18 February 2010, 11:55 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

I hope this is true. I don't want to get sucked into a thoughtful show and then be left hanging like Kings! Or Sarah Connor Chronicles.
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

oh yeah.... dont get me started on KINGS, I think that one is one of the BEST Tv Shows outthere, and NBC had to pull the plug on this show. what a shame, great actors, intelligent (most of time) plot! I was soo sad that they canceled KINGS.....
                    sigpic

Comment

I wish this wasn't false hope. It's a great series but the ratings ARE very low :/

Comment

Robert Seidman weighs in -

Is Syfy Really In It For The Long Haul With Caprica?
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

No, this is hype and PR stuff to get people to still watch. If they cancel the show now, people may not continue to watch knowing it will be cancelled. Trust me, they will hold out as long as they can.

I'm sorry, but if this show gets renewed, then they should bring back SGA which pulled in much better numbers than this, and gurantee SGU a 5 year deal. Caprica is more expensive than both of these shows.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            No, this is hype and PR stuff to get people to still watch. If they cancel the show now, people may not continue to watch knowing it will be cancelled. Trust me, they will hold out as long as they can.

I'm sorry, but if this show gets renewed, then they should bring back SGA which pulled in much better numbers than this, and gurantee SGU a 5 year deal. Caprica is more expensive than both of these shows.
                            Yeah i'm going to be a little offended if Caprica is renewed while it has low ratings, I'll ask "why the heck was SGA and SG1 cancelled!?"
                            I think SyFy gets crazier every passing day. The really need to step the promotion for Caprica if they want more viewers.

Comment

Yeah i'm going to be a little offended if Caprica is renewed while it has low ratings, I'll ask "why the heck was SGA and SG1 cancelled!?"
                              I think SyFy gets crazier every passing day. The really need to step the promotion for Caprica if they want more viewers.
                              creative decision and high production costs.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

The really need to step the promotion for Caprica if they want more viewers.
                                The issue doesn't seem to be that people don't know about the show, the issues seems more to be that people just don't like the show.

Also, does anyone have the numbers for last week? If it was even a new episode?
                                These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Working...
                                X