This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Don't see how that means the show is more in trouble now than before... If anything, it means that the show is less in trouble. Before, the only thing deciding on a renewal were the dvd sales, and we know that the dvd market is crap at the moment. Also, the timeslot of Caprica is optimal given the situation - a lot of SGU people are probably sticking around to see Caprica.
    Mia: Don't you hate that?
    Vincent: Hate what?
    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
    - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Let's certainly hope that it can bring in some steady, newer viewers.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

EEK! Did they have to schedule it like that with hardly any notice? I checked Space's blog and not a peep. Friday we are getting Sanctuary at 9pm and Stargate Universe at 10pm already on the schedule. And I can't even find the Caprica section on their website. So hoping that's not bad news.
        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
          EEK! Did they have to schedule it like that with hardly any notice?
          Er....the announcement was made a month prior to it's return date. How much more do you want?
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Any news on why they moved the start to Octover? Confidence in the show? Preparing for a Season 2 in 2011?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hallmjo View Post
              Any news on why they moved the start to Octover? Confidence in the show? Preparing for a Season 2 in 2011?
              All we can do is speculate. SyFy doesn't usually announce thier programming reasons.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by hallmjo View Post
                It's because they were able to renegotiate the actor's contracts, extending their contract expiration from August to November. So if they decide to renew it for season 2, a decision which will be ratings-based, they don't have to renegotiate from scratch.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Some new promos:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/cap...eak-peeks.html
                  Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                  Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                  - Pulp Fiction

Comment

I really can't wait for this show to start back up. It is about time that we see the rest of Season 1.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I've only seen the first 4 episodes (aiming to watch the next 5 this afternoon!) and I can't wait for the second half of the season!!!
                      sigpic
                      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                        I've only seen the first 4 episodes (aiming to watch the next 5 this afternoon!) and I can't wait for the second half of the season!!!
                        Only the first 4? I hope you enjoy those other episodes as much as I did.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Now I've seen 9 episodes, watched them yesterday afternoon, ready and waiting for October now!! Probably one of the best programs I've seen in a while.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the general reactions seem to be 'meh' to the first few episodes - and after 'There Is Another Sky' the general reactions seem to be 'glad I stuck around, this is awesome!'. I had that as well, and I can see why the first few eps turned some viewers off - hell, I almost did the same. Strange how a show can turn from 'this is pretty boring' to 'this is frakking awesome - best new show on tv this year!', though
                            - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Must admit I wasn't sure after watching the pilot, I have never seen BSG and although people said that didn't matter, I think a little knowledge may have helped my understanding a little. Even so, after I managed to watch the first 2 episode I was completely hooked - no way was I not going to finish watching
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                                Must admit I wasn't sure after watching the pilot, I have never seen BSG and although people said that didn't matter, I think a little knowledge may have helped my understanding a little. Even so, after I managed to watch the first 2 episode I was completely hooked - no way was I not going to finish watching
                                For me, the Pilot showed the potential of this show. I really hope it gets a chance at a second season.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X