This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by major davis View Post
    My name is Michael Westen.... I used to be a spy until....
    Ha, ha, funny guy.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

'Caprica' creator 'confused by delay'

Caprica creator David Eick has admitted that he was confused by Syfy's decision to postpone the second half of the show's first season.

The network recently announced that the series would not return until January 2011. "I've never understood the network programming rationale," Eick told The Futon Critic. "I don't know why they shut the show down for as long as they did before bringing it back." However, he added: "I'm certain they know what they're doing."

Eick also revealed that the new episodes would surprise fans, explaining that the character of Lacy Rand (Magda Apanowicz) would go in a direction "that the audience is not expecting".

continues:
      http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/new...-by-delay.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
        'Caprica' creator 'confused by delay'

Caprica creator David Eick has admitted that he was confused by Syfy's decision to postpone the second half of the show's first season.

The network recently announced that the series would not return until January 2011. "I've never understood the network programming rationale," Eick told The Futon Critic. "I don't know why they shut the show down for as long as they did before bringing it back." However, he added: "I'm certain they know what they're doing."

Eick also revealed that the new episodes would surprise fans, explaining that the character of Lacy Rand (Magda Apanowicz) would go in a direction "that the audience is not expecting".

continues:
        http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/new...-by-delay.html
        Well their cancelled. Rule 1 is you don't say bad things about your network
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Canceled? Please NOO! Ill still remain optimistic, but if you did cancel it syfy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nCBaf8mzEE
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            that would be hard for david eick. he has a history of saying what's on his mind.
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              that would be hard for david eick. he has a history of saying what's on his mind.
              Thats not always a smart move. Thier is a time to express your opinion and a time to be quiet
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

As insane as Hollywood is, I highly doubt that David Eick saying he dosen't understand the network's rationale (He isn't even criticizing it) is going to impact the show's renewal or not. $20million+ (Im guessing on the budget here) is not something to be tossed around lightly.
                "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
                -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Yeah, I think he probably should have kept that to himself.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Duckey View Post
                    As insane as Hollywood is, I highly doubt that David Eick saying he dosen't understand the network's rationale (He isn't even criticizing it) is going to impact the show's renewal or not. $20million+ (Im guessing on the budget here) is not something to be tossed around lightly.
                    We're not saying because of this it will be canceled, but rather, because it might have been canceled, David might have felt fine saying this publicly.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duckey View Post
                      You could probably double that at the very least, it's more expensive than SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        You could probably double that at the very least, it's more expensive than SGU.
                        The new season might only consist of about 10-13 episodes I heard. SO maybe like 25-30 million.
                        sigpic

Comment

The new season might only consist of about 10-13 episodes I heard. SO maybe like 25-30 million.
                          I could live with a 10-13 episode Season 2. At least it would get a chance to draw in more viewers.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            I could live with a 10-13 episode Season 2. At least it would get a chance to draw in more viewers.
                            I think(and hope) season 2 or 1.5 will draw in more viewers. I just wish there was a way for 1.5 to air before the renewal decision for season 2 was made. It would allow Caprica to prove itself.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think(and hope) season 2 or 1.5 will draw in more viewers. I just wish there was a way for 1.5 to air before the renewal decision for season 2 was made. It would allow Caprica to prove itself.
                              It is such a shame that this show has to prove itself.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Imo, the show already has proven itself
                                Mia: Don't you hate that?
                                Vincent: Hate what?
                                Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                                Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                                Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                                - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Working...
                                X