Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The show at least deserves a second season to wrap it up, imo. Plus, the ratings are dissapointing, but not that bad, it's still a decent moneymaker, just not what Syfy was expecting from it. And since Syfy doesn't seem to have any alternatives (well, perhaps reruns of professional wrestling) pulling the plug seems to be worse than keeping the show alive for one more year.
    Mia: Don't you hate that?
    Vincent: Hate what?
    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
    - Pulp Fiction

Comment

All we can really do now is hope Syfy makes the right decision.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'll say this. I'll be less worried about SGU if Caprica gets renewed. Personally I don't really care if its renewed or not. Its a way to waste an hour but nothing jaw dropping for me
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I want Caprica to pull through and get a second season. It deserves it.

Jane Espenson.
          Okay, I'm confused. She's not THAT bad. In fact, I think she's a pretty good writer...
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I'm really not a fan of her work. She was heavily involved with Buffy, which is a huge count against in my books. And her BSG contributions include The Passage, Dirty Hands, Escape Velocity, The Hub, Face of the Enemy, Deadlock, and The Plan. The greatness of The Hub is canceled out by the horridness of The Plan, and the rest were pretty forgettable episodes IMO.

And this is the person they chose to have as show-runner for Caprica at first. I don't have an overwhelming seething hatred for the woman or anything, but her body of work is so underwhelming that I can't figure how she got into a show-running position of authority.

I'm pretty thrilled that she was removed as show-runner in the second half of the season, I have a feeling it'll markedly improve.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I doubt they'll cancel it, what would they replace it with?

Comment

Syfyllis doesn't have any pilots ready, right?
                Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                  Syfyllis doesn't have any pilots ready, right?
                  Syfy picked up the rights to a pilot called "Alphas" towards the end of last year. The first casting for it came out last month and revealed that it would film in Toronto, but didnt give a filming date.

Comment

They're making an American version of Being Human too. Hmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                      Syfy picked up the rights to a pilot called "Alphas" towards the end of last year. The first casting for it came out last month and revealed that it would film in Toronto, but didnt give a filming date.
                      OMG, please tell me this is not based on the book by Lisi Harrison... (brief description under the cut, if you don't know it)
                      Spoiler:
                      Skye Hamilton has scored an invitation to the ultra-exclusive Alphas-only boarding school where beta is spelled LBR. What happens when the country's best, brightest, and hawtest begin clawing and scratching their way to the top?

sigpic
                      Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                        OMG, please tell me this is not based on the book by Lisi Harrison... (brief description under the cut, if you don't know it)
                        Spoiler:
                        Skye Hamilton has scored an invitation to the ultra-exclusive Alphas-only boarding school where beta is spelled LBR. What happens when the country's best, brightest, and hawtest begin clawing and scratching their way to the top?
                        Not that im aware of.

Comment

Write up from Tv Overmind from the SGU/Caprica Panels, includes pics:- http://www.tvovermind.com/cable/syfy...a-panels/26725

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                            I doubt they'll cancel it, what would they replace it with?
                            scifi version of baywatch.
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Airlock Alpha is saying that according to several sources that Caprica has been picked up for a second season but treat it as a rumour until confirmation from NBC/Syfy http://www.airlockalpha.com/node/764...urces-say.html
                              -

Comment

Good news, it really deserved it Better hope the ratings improve, though.
                                - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Working...
                                X