Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn it, then air it already... or set an air date, its getting ridiculous.... finish this season at least...
    sigpic

Comment

What's all this "waiting" you folks seem to be participating in? If the episodes are filmed and printed, I'm already halfway to stealing them from Ronald Moore's house.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
        What's all this "waiting" you folks seem to be participating in? If the episodes are filmed and printed, I'm already halfway to stealing them from Ronald Moore's house.
        If you are successful, please share them with us.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          If you are successful, please share them with us.
          Only cause you asked nicely.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

I hope Caprica gets renewed too. It would help SGU a lot! But really it seems like a good show, I just haven't had time to check it out.
            sigpic

Comment

Check it out, it's great, it's better than SGU imo.
              Mia: Don't you hate that?
              Vincent: Hate what?
              Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
              Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
              Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
              - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                Check it out, it's great, it's better than SGU imo.
                Seriously. I doubt that... lol But I eventually will...

I really wanna watch BSG but im afraid, like you said, it will be way better then SGU and it will set a new standard and I dont want that happening.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                  Seriously. I doubt that... lol But I eventually will...

I really wanna watch BSG but im afraid, like you said, it will be way better then SGU and it will set a new standard and I dont want that happening.
                  I doubt that will happen knowing what I know about you. Its more doom and gloom then SGU ever was
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

It has lots of drama in a beautiful setting. Man, the visuals on Caprica are great... And yeah, it has much more doom and gloom than SGU, which is why I like it, the drama! It's not as dark as BSG (yet), with BSG you sometimes just wanted to hang yourself after watching an episode (and no, not because the show was awful, far from it).

Anyway, definately check it out. I consider BSG and Caprica better than SGU, but it's also a different kind of show, so it doesn't *really* set a new standard. Just value SG1/SGA as entertaining popcorn scifi, BSG/Caprica as a dark and awesome scifi drama, and SGU as something in between.

Frak it, let me be as clear as possible: just watch the series and enjoy the awesome ride.
                    Mia: Don't you hate that?
                    Vincent: Hate what?
                    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                    - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                      It has lots of drama in a beautiful setting. Man, the visuals on Caprica are great... And yeah, it has much more doom and gloom than SGU, which is why I like it, the drama! It's not as dark as BSG (yet), with BSG you sometimes just wanted to hang yourself after watching an episode (and no, not because the show was awful, far from it).

Anyway, definately check it out. I consider BSG and Caprica better than SGU, but it's also a different kind of show, so it doesn't *really* set a new standard. Just value SG1/SGA as entertaining popcorn scifi, BSG/Caprica as a dark and awesome scifi drama, and SGU as something in between.

Frak it, let me be as clear as possible: just watch the series and enjoy the awesome ride.
                      Lol Jelgate... If you say so.

So should I watch Caprica first or BSG?
                      sigpic

Comment

BSG. Watch it and get a feel for the storytelling and setting. If you like it enough to finish the entire series with a smile, try out Caprica.

TBA's sort-of right about Caprica > SGU. Hell, I would've killed to have both SGU and Caprica running concurrently this season instead of bloody waiting how long for the rest of Caprica season one? BLARGH! Both are good shows. Same with BSG. BSG is pretty great too.

Comment

Definitely BSG. If you watch it before Caprica you'll get to enjoy all the nods towards BSG and some Caprica storylines becomes a lot more interesting with benefit of having watched BSG first.
                          sigpic

Comment

Personally, I say watch BSG first, then Caprica. That way, you understand certain things already you otherwise wouldn't on Caprica. I like seeing how things ended up like they were on BSG.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Wow im scared now. I really dont want to watch any show greater then SGU cause then it won't be as good anymore. Stargates my fav franchise! I dont want it to ever be second. Still if i hang myself from BSG i wont have to compare them anymore.
                              sigpic

Comment

Caprica, currently, is okay. It's had some truly stellar moments, it's had some painfully bad ones. But by and large, a lot of it is overwhelmingly "meh". And I'm a huge fan of the BSG-verse.

I wouldn't be too worried about Caprica overshadowing SGU. Not by a long shot.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X