X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ukray View Post
    I find the show enjoyable.
    It is really good thus far. I think it has a whole lot of potential. I just hope it is allowed to reach that potential.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i saw a ad on tv today with comments from critics all positive. and theor made a effort to say it was connected to battlestar galactica.
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        i saw a ad on tv today with comments from critics all positive. and theor made a effort to say it was connected to battlestar galactica.
        That was pure SyFy BS spin
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Well it's not all positive, not by a long shot. But it seems to be doing well enough:

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/shows/caprica?q=caprica
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Syfy Standing Firmly Behind 'Caprica'

Thanks to the Internet and a thirst for information, television fans in 2010 are far more savvy than they have ever been before. Blogs, message boards, even Twitter are filled with discussions dissecting ratings, audience attitude and instant reactions to just about anything that pops up on the boob tube. But while smarter viewers typically result in smarter programs, it can sometimes backfire into rampant speculation that could help bury a show.

That's exactly what Syfy doesn't want to happen to its newest series "Caprica." And no matter what Entertainment Weekly's Michael Ausiello wants to predict with his cable scorecard, network executives say the "Battlestar Galactica" spinoff is here to stay.

"We're definitely with 'Caprica' for the long haul," Syfy's VP of original programming Mark Stern told Airlock Alpha Thursday. "There's no question about it. We knew exactly what it was not going to be, that is an easily adopted show. It's not 'Battlestar Galactica,' it's its own animal. And we definitely recognize that it's going to find its audience and it's going to grow its audience."

continues:
            http://www.airlockalpha.com/node/7148

Comment

So they want to air the second half of the season in late summer with another show. To 'give that show a boost'.

I'm taking that to mean they'll air it with a more popular show to boost Caprica rather than the other show. Taking bets, will that be Eureka or Warehouse 13?
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Wait, so Syfy is going to create a second season no matter how low the ratings are?

Okay, I like the show and glad Syfy will stick with it.

But, I'm getting even more confused by why the heck SyFy cancelled SG1 in the first place!

Comment

Cost. A new show and everyone starts out at 0--writers, producers, stage people, actors, everyone. 10 years of show means 10 years of raises for all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Cost. A new show and everyone starts out at 0--writers, producers, stage people, actors, everyone. 10 years of show means 10 years of raises for all involved.
                    Oh right, I was under the impression SG1 was cancelled because of ratings.....

Oh well, I hope Syfy is right in saying that the Caprica audience will grow.

Comment

Agreed, RT, agreed. I really like the series and will be sorely disappointed if this first year is its last =/

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        Wait, so Syfy is going to create a second season no matter how low the ratings are?

But, I'm getting even more confused by why the heck SyFy cancelled SG1 in the first place!
                        More then anything its spn to say they aren't concerned about the low ratings. But its just basc business. Low ratings mean low profit and when profit is less then expenses ther is no reason to conduct it.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post

You can imagine how the SGA fans would feel, knowing a show that was more expensive to produce and not performing as good as SGA was renewed.
                          sigpic

Comment

Exclusive: 'Caprica' producer Jane Espenson explains Sam Adama's tattoos

Getting ready to play a shirtless Sam Adama on Syfy's "Caprica" is no easy feat, Sasha Roiz told me during a recent trip to Chicago. The actor who plays the Tauron assassin, awesome uncle and gay family man has to spend hours getting the make-up applied. "Well, 2 ½ hours and like three or four makeup artists. So, I've got like six to eight sets of hands on me," he said, sometimes standing with his arms spread out. "It's a bit of an ordeal, but ... I just stand there and take it all." Tattoo-prep for scenes when he's full clothed, which would be the art on his hands and neck, is about a half hour.

Roiz also told me that writer/producer Jane Espenson came up with an entire history of Sam's tattoos, which he said tell Sam's story as a Tauron and a member of the Ha'la'tha gang. Via e-mail Espenson has kindly shared the meaning of all of Sam's tatts, which you can read on the jump.
                            continues:

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/show...s-tattoos.html

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              You can imagine how the SGA fans would feel, knowing a show that was more expensive to produce and not performing as good as SGA was renewed.
                              That's a different animal, the Stargate PTB didn't want to do Atlantis anymore. Ratings weren't a factor.

Comment

Q & A with Caprica co-creator/executive producer David Eick and actress Paula Malcomson (Amanda Grayston) - see link below

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/...la-difference/

Comment

Working...
                                X