Sacrifice (216)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the Cylon homeworld: "They killed our leader all Humans must die."
    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

I found the episode to be a breath of fresh air. First off, I didn't see the banner of S2 "48 hours earlier" anywhere in the show. Secondly, they went back to the shock and awe tactics that made this show great to begin with. I didn't see the whole Billy thing coming. At least not till he and Dee started talking about how he shouldn't try and attack the bad guy because he wasn't a soldier. I am not in favor of the Dee and Lee ship at all. I also see them working on the Dee, Lee, and Kara ship as well. (I didn't realize how much he meant to me till I accidently shot him.) But the one thing I truly found annoying was the clips for next week with Lee running around the Pegasus like he was never shot.
      -Hamy Seven

Col. O'Neill: "Jaffa jokes? Let's hear one of them."

Teal'c: "I shall attempt to translate one O'Neill. A serpent guard, a Horus guard, and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's...nose drips." [Teal'c bursts into laughter]

3x02 Seth

Comment

Did anyone else notice the blooper at the beginning of the attack in the bar? Lee took Ellen into the bathroom to hide. Then the bad guys start to get into position to take over the bar. I noticed Dee (who is sitting in the background) watch one of the bad guys get out of his chair and walk across the room. It was obvious that she was watching the actor do his part, but I don't think she was suppose to be doing that. It was obvious to me, at least.
        -Hamy Seven

Col. O'Neill: "Jaffa jokes? Let's hear one of them."

Teal'c: "I shall attempt to translate one O'Neill. A serpent guard, a Horus guard, and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's...nose drips." [Teal'c bursts into laughter]

3x02 Seth

Comment

Do you have seen the pictures of ep 16 you see that dee and lee are kissing but I saw nothing of that in the episode

Comment

Originally posted by stop
            Do you have seen the pictures of ep 16 you see that dee and lee are kissing but I saw nothing of that in the episode
            Probably a deleted scene. I could see it fitting in just before the proposal scene.

Starbuck's reaction to shooting Lee and the President's reaction to Billy in the morgue are my highlights of the episode.

For the love of god, would someone please kill Ellen Tigh. She gave Starbuck away, I thought it was going to be Reynolds recognising Starbuck that would blow her cover.

Comment

Amen. Bad enough the character is obnoxious, morally bankrupt and suicidally stupid ("Oh, I'll just go out there and talk to them!"), but she's apparently never played poker before because her gaping at Starbuck is what made the hijackers twig to the situation.

Comment

Did anybody expect Adama to capitulate to the Sasha's demands (giving the dead Sharon doesn't really count)?

On any other show I'd expect them to beg for the person's life over the phone and cave in towards the end. But I never expected it from this show, I'm glad the characters understand the bigger picture.

Though I'm wondering if this reneges on what Adama said to Lee in 'Can't go Home Again', that he'd never leave him behind.

Comment

Ellen Tigh is either an incredibly stupid woman or a cyclon. Now TPTB may not do the whole cylon thing because it does seem glaringly obvious, but at this point I'd rather blame her actions on such an ulterior motive rather than her being a stupid twit. The stupid twit thing is annoying as hell.

Comment

this ep wasn't as good as the others
                    black market aint the lowpoint, this one is
                    not that is was totally bad

Comment

*sigh* Well I'd already heard rumors that Billy was going to bite it so I figured as soon as the episode started that this was his exit. Good to know it's because Paul Campbell has other career opportunities out there. And nice to see Billy go out a hero - in the face of being tossed to the curb by Dee.

I actually liked this one quite a bit. Good pacing and tension - I didn't want to miss anything as the events unfolded. And no "48 hours" earlier setup! I'll give it a thumbs up just for that.

The setup seemed a little contrived but I can certainly see that some of the more militant/desperate civilians might stage a terrorist strike in order to get a Cylon's head on the platter. I knew as soon as Adama made the phone call that he was going to try and fake them out with the "dead" Sharon's body. I wondered if they wouldn't figure out she was a little "too frozen".

As for the character arcs.....pffft I really dislike the whole Lee/Dee thing. Dee and Billy was a nice sweet thread running thru the mini-series. I still remember Adama looking at them flirting and talking and making the decision to run with the fleet rather than taking a stand. Now Dee is just moving on up the ladder cause - hey, Apollo is a much better catch isn't he? Lee isn't coming off much better....

I've now ruled out Ellen Tigh as being a Cylon - no Cylon, sleeping or otherwise - could be that stupid.

A few really interesting scenes in this one. Thank goodness we finally see Adama asking Sharon for the names of the Cylons in the fleet - and her refusing. That was a big gaping plot hole that needed to be filled.

And Roslin's scene at Billy's side at the end was poignant and sweet. More odd was Adama lingering over dead Sharon's frozen body. She really did a number on him, didn't she?
                      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Not a bad episode.

However, it was pretty by the books for the most part. It seemed pretty obvious that billy was going to die. So they could work on ripping off better deaths from 24 since they ripped a lot of other aspects of the show from it

The Admiral and the prez are the only two characters left that I can say I really like at this point. Lee, Starbuck, Dee....they could all get shot for all i care.

Comment

Man, this show is brutal to watch.

It just occured to me how much this episode was the exact opposite of every other action-movie-hostage-situation type thing you see in movies and TV. It was almost the Anti-Die Hard. Everything that could have gone wrong went wrong: Lee tries to protect Ellen, she freaks on him. Lee tries to foil them from within, he fails. Starbuck tries to rescue everyone, she winds up almost killing Lee. It finally all ends in a bloodbath, and the price paid is much too high.

I can't help but think that this is the point. It's still pretty brutal to watch.
                          Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                          I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                          What have these years left to me?
                          Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

I usually don't post here, but I do have something to say about this episode:

I can't believe they killed Billy! I do understand about the actor wanting to move on, but Billy was really a great character. I really didn't like how he and Dee ended up, and I don't think the writers did as good a job ending that storyline as they could have.

As always, good acting, creepy and believable villains, solid main plot, yadda yadda yadda- but they killed Billy!
                            It must be a Thursday.

I've never been able to get the hang of Thursdays.

Roll up your pantlegs- you're in JoePa's house now! Congratulations Nittany Lions on an Orange Bowl Victory!

Comment

Finally... a non-flashback episode. That simple fact, and Dana Delaney as a guest star, were enough to make me LUV this episode. I'm not upset that they killed Billy, to be honest I thought his character arc was lagging. With his relationship to Dee (the hussy) failing there wasn't anywhere new for him to go. Besides, there are still at least a half dozen cylon models to be discovered.

And I love that Lee got shot by Kara, because I didn't feel like they really had enough baggage between them. Actually, what I really liked is that Adama benched Kara for the final raid. She was in no condition to take part in another assault and it creates an extra dimension to her relationship with Adama. You just know she's going to be tearing herself up for failing Daddy. Kara gets away with a lot of stuff because she's Adama's favorite, but actually putting a bullet in his son... there might be some consequences from that one.

Oh yeah. The whole Lee/Dee relationship is forced and hollow and the sooner Dee gets fingered as a cylon and this fracking thing can end the better.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                Well, obviously a man would be able to suck it up and stop the bleeding through sheer manly willpower. Only a sissy would faint like that.
                                I couldn't have said it better myself!!

A real man like Bill Adama needs like eight shots at deadpoint range to drop him! And even then much of his blood was scared to leave his body oout of terror for the beating it would have received from him once he recovered!
                                Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X