No announcement yet.

Epiphanies (213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't Baltar use the plutonium from the warhead in his mystical Cylon Detector? As I know absolutely nothing about nuclear warheads (probably a good thing, come to think of it), what function in a nuke does plutonium serve?

It was an alright episode. I loved Gaius' reaction to seeing Six again - it exactly mirrored mine. I wanted a bit more in the scene on the hangar deck between Kara and Lee - the "spacewalk" mention was cute, but more is better! And I, too, need to freeze-frame the Caprica scenes.
    Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jbjaaz
      Maybe I'm a little confused, but didn't Lucy Lawless's character witness Sharon giving birth to her child in The Final Cut episode? I mean Sharon was all screaming and thrashing on a bed... which to me seemed like giving birth.
      During Final Cut Sharon started aborting the baby for some unknown reason. What D'anna saw was Dr Cottle saving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Darschu
        Can someone seriously explain within the already set confines of Battlestar Gallactica how FRAK they were able to sneak a nuclear warhead off the ship without the radiation sensors picking it up.

It has already been set that Gallactica is capable of picking up radiation signatures onboard it's ships, and constantly tracks for them.

Anyone?
        I thought the episode was needed, it showed a different view of the military and how some civilian are still can't excepted what happened on the colonies with no warning and have distrust in their new leaders (President Roslin/Admral Adama). Still thought it was great episode.

The thing about the nuclear warhead, that I understood was that since Baltar is still using the plutonium of the warhead, it cannot function without it. The warhead still has all the other components except the plutonium though the cylon sympithizers might be able to get ahold on that.

Oh and I was just wondering did anyone else catch (or I miss understood) that Lee was promoted to captian/CAG of the GALACTICA again?(if I did miss understood please correct me) While Kara is still the CAG of the PAGASUS. And did enyone else relise that Kat was a little pissed at Kara for being late (unlike Kara to be late in a Viper drill or whatever it was).
        Last edited by GALACTIC MYTH; 21 January 2006, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Janine
          There's no way to be 100% sure, as the people are all in the background and you never get a face on, good look at them, but I'm pretty sure amongst the case carriers I've seen Starbuck, Boomer, some guy from Pegasus that I cannot remember the name of right now, a number 6 copy, and a Roslin copy. The Roslin one is the weirdest. Watch the flashback scenes again. It honestly looks like Roslin is standing there watching a copy of herself with a suitcase talking to Pegasus guy and two others with cases.

Creepy.

Janine
          i have the episode saved on my tivo, i rewatched all the flashbacks scenes and i can not find these other people. can you be specific as to which scenes was it ?

Comment

I think the question of Boomer's baby was the main thing that drew me into
            this eppy. The fact that Rosilin and Adama where just ready to kill the kid.....
            The way they showed the violent willingness to drag Boomer to the abortion
            table after she had gone through a attempted rape....was still as shocking.
            Helo was the only one willing to defend his kid.....Boomer did all she could to
            defend her.......

Love the little commercial of BSG and Sharon's baby though.....kinda
            spoiled the audience who wondered what was the fate of Boomer and her
            baby.... Grace rocked in this eppy!!!!!!
            Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

wait i think i found it, it's when she says that the teachers strike is not worth dying for .. she looks and the guy she's talking to looks also .. there are 4 people talking, 3 females 1 male. 1 of the females does look like roslin from the back, the guy was wearing a uniform but i cant make a face and the 2 other women, i really can't tell, also in the upper left corner, you see baltar and #6 walking .. or is it baltar n #6?

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer
                this is all I have to say..

Meh for the fact Rosalin was cured so damn easily ;_; ...I like her character but I want he rto Die just like the profercy said she would

I liked every thing else though expecially the flash backs and the Baltar/6 convo at the end when 6 was reading the letter
                I agree. I thought it was one of the best episodes, and I liked Rosalin too, but I wanted her to die. It would have made a great new part of the show because Baltar can't be president.
                I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Originally posted by dec55
                  Love the little commercial of BSG and Sharon's baby though.....kinda spoiled the audience who wondered what was the fate of Boomer and her baby.... Grace rocked in this eppy!!!!!!
                  What? New ad?

Comment

Is the nuke the one that Baltar had from Season 1 when he told Adama that he needed a nuclear warhead for his Cylon Detector?

Helo's determination to sacrifice himself, if need be, for Boomer and his son was touching.

Comment

Originally posted by somedude
                      Helo's determination to sacrifice himself, if need be, for Boomer and his son was touching.
                      I'm still wondering who he was planning to shoot. Adama? The guards? Love the sentiment, but shooting someone in front of Adama would have seriously been detrimental to Sharon's and the baby's wellbeing.

And the baby is a girl. Sharon mentioned that in Home, can't recall what part though.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                        I'm still wondering who he was planning to shoot. Adama? The guards? Love the sentiment, but shooting someone in front of Adama would have seriously been detrimental to Sharon's and the baby's wellbeing.

And the baby is a girl. Sharon mentioned that in Home, can't recall what part though.
                        Was it a girl? oops.

Comment

Originally posted by Janine
                          Watch the episode again, but go through Roslin's flashbacks to Caprica in freeze frame. This is the same scene, but from Roslin's point of view. There's rather a lot of people in the background carrying silver suitcases like number 6, and a few are very familiar faces (I'm not talking about Baltar and number 6; they're the obvious ones) who really shouldn't be on Caprica at this time. Is this the Cylons gathering to plant the nuclear devices on Caprica: the beginning of the attack? I'll wait for other people to watch the scenes again before I say who I think I've seen in these scenes. If these people are who I think though, I have NO idea where Battlestar's heading now!

Janine
                          I don't think we ever see who Six meets- did RM say anything about this in his podcast?

I'm looking at the 2:30-3 min mark, and all I see is Baltar meeting Six.

Comment

I don't remeber seeing anything, but I don't have it recored so I can't say either way.
                            Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                              What? New ad?
                              I am from California......and during the brake they showed Sharon's baby
                              in a CGI sequence...saying something about the child changing everything.....
                              It was cool......

(The baby girl also had a blinking back like her mommy too!!!!)
                              Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by dec55
                                I am from California......and during the brake they showed Sharons baby
                                in a CGI sequence...saying something about the child changing everything.....
                                It was cool......
                                Cool, I wonder if it's up anywhere.

Does anybody know if RDM has certain plans for the baby? Or are they making it up as they go along?

Comment

Working...
                                X