No announcement yet.

Epiphanies (213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Believe the Galactica only detects a nuclear device when it is armed. In viewing previous episodes, it's the only times you see the alarms going off. Remember "33"? Nothing was detected until later when the ship headed straight for the RTF and the nuclear proximity alarms went off in both the raptor and on the Galactica.

That being said, I find it odd that high military assets like a nuke wouldn't be constantly and heavily guarded. Add in a mandatory search of all arriving and departing personnel and seizure of contraband. It isn't like the Colonials had a thousand nukes on-board (think they only have 4 left..used the 5th one in the baseship over Kobol). Baltar would be hard pressed to explain how it was stolen out of his lab. But this is a fictional universe and the Colonials may have more relaxed protocols and/or lack of Marines to properly secure all the arms lockers and munitions magazines. So it was a bit odd to see the Peace guy just wheel it off in a suitcase that he may or may not have had when he first boarded the Galactica.

The question becomes...why did Baltar decide to give a nuke to the "peace movement"?...and why isn't #6 picture plastered all over the fleet as a known Cylon model? RDM said the "glasses" was #6's "Clark Kent" disguise, but come on...that's going a bit too far past the believable scale.

Also, shouldn't a few trusted individuals be in charge of quality control of the ammo they are making? Or maybe a visual inspection before or during arming a Viper. At least we got to see that the Colonials have facilities to rearm themselves.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

So much ground to cover: (don't read if you don't like spoiler stuff or long posts)
      First, I agree with Kharn and speakfire, this Ep was a little bit flat, but we need filler episodes every now and then so that BSG spiral into a cycle of constantly trying to top itself.

I did enjoy the fact that for once Adama and Roslin were not quite as righteous as they have been in past eps without coming off as being obviously evil. Adama nearly chokes someone (more like the miniseries Adama) and Roslin demands the abortion of something that no one in the colonial fleet understands (cylons included probably). Not the careful metered approach she had before she became a religious icon.

Baltar: I've had fun watching him reel constantly from the manipulations of Six and the parallels of his situation with that of the entire fleet. The cylons have been chasing Galactica in the direction they wanted them to go forcing the fleet to do what they want as the human models work within the fleet to guide the political situation. I feel like Baltar may finally be realizing what Six has done/is doing to him and may begin to wonder if the same thing isn't occurring on a much larger scale.

Gina: I think that a few of the cylon sympathizers realize who and what she is and are hiding her from the rest of the movement. Also, never count on a cylon to be honest. All of the cylons both within the colonial fleet and within the cylon fleet destroyed in Resurrection Ship pt 2 may have allowed themselves to be blown up. There may have been another Resurrection Ship hanging back within range to capture all the downloaded minds of the cylons within that fleet. Assume that the cylons have all of this planed.

Cylon Sympathizers: The scene where Adama calls pregy Sharon in to his quarters and asks her why the cylons hate humanity so much is part of the reason for a group that is sympathetic toward the cylons. She reminds him of his speech when the Galactica was being decommissioned (miniseries) where he says that we never asked why we deserve to be alive. Sharon then looks at him and says “Maybe you don't”. We enslaved the cylons then went to war with them. The cylons left and humanity assumed that that would be the end of the war. That some how fighting to restrain slaves and then not chasing them all down would make up for all that they had done. What they did may not seem like it is equivalent but revenge usually doesn't when you're on the recieveing end.

Nukes: Eh, I'm willing to run with them.. I'm not that picky. I think this was done for dramatic effect and Baltar is the VP. It's not like he doesn't hold any power over what happens aboard Galactica.
      Cylon Sympathizer.

Comment

I heard somewhere that the person that Number 6 said "I've been wondering when you'd show up." to in the Miniseries would be revealed in this episode.

The episode certainly seemed to be building up to it, but I didn't see that person. Did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by Darschu
          Can someone seriously explain within the already set confines of Battlestar Gallactica how FRAK they were able to sneak a nuclear warhead off the ship without the radiation sensors picking it up.

It has already been set that Gallactica is capable of picking up radiation signatures onboard it's ships, and constantly tracks for them.

Anyone?
          This is only a guess, maybe that suitcase it was in was able to confine the radiation inside it so sensors could not pick it up. i have no evidence to support this but hey thats one thing i would think of.
          sigpic
          Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Just loved Epiphanies! i was so glad to see that roslin survived! i just love her character, but a have to agree with what Speakfire said. everything towards the prophecy has come true. now i wonder if she'll say that she remembered seeing six/baltar on caprica during her flashback kissing! just that may get the good old doc kicked out of the vp seat.
            sigpic
            Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

I have a theroy that baltar only looks out for himself. The only problem with that theroy is him saving the president from cancer. I mean sure it was the right thing to do, and he and six talked about it afterwards, but why didn't he take the presidency unless he thought that maybe he would not make a good president which would lead him not to do think he could lead the cylons.
              Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

There are 8 cylons hidding amongst the fleet. Quite possibly the leaders of this peace movement are in fact Cylons. We know of at least Gina who is a member. Also did anyone beside me think that Gina at the end wasn't Gina from the Pegasus but in fact the physical six from from the season one episode Six Degrees of Seperation. She went by the name Ms. Godfrey, don't think they ever said her first name I will have to watch the whole episode again, but she did wear glasses. I could be way off base, give it some thought.

But overall i thought it was a good episode. I like how Baltar is becomming less minipulated by six and more driven by his own motivations.
                Teal'c "I killed you"
                Daniel "Why?"
                Teal'c "You were a Go'uld spy"
                Daniel "a good reason"

Comment

Yeah he does seem to be more movitavated by his own reasons, but in this episode they had the shots were he is talking to number six, and then cutting to everyone elses perspective which shows that maybe baltar is going a little crazy.
                  Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Originally posted by cyke
                    i also forgot to mention... yes gina with her hair pulled back and actually wearing clothes does look different from #6 but hello one could still recognize her.

i mean, after 6 months give or take out in space this BLOND women comes in out of nowhere and is now some sort of leader of a movement that now wants peace with the cylons? that aspect felt like hole in the plot

This episode just didn't do it for me. I knew Roslin would survive and Sharon's baby would be born later on. The whole thing about no on recognizing #6. I thought they had pictures up around the fleet of all KNOWN cylons. How could they not recognize her? It is a silly subplot imo with #6 leading the pacifist movement. Also, it is a little hard to believe anyone would want peace after loosing your home, friends, and family ...basically the cylons committed genocide against the human species. It really was a filler epsode.

This is what I don't get. Why was Gaius so upset over that letter Roslin left him? People have said worst things to me than that and I don't start participating in the extinction of mankind. His reaction was too extreme!

Comment

Originally posted by captainpash
                      I have a theroy that baltar only looks out for himself. The only problem with that theroy is him saving the president from cancer. I mean sure it was the right thing to do, and he and six talked about it afterwards, but why didn't he take the presidency unless he thought that maybe he would not make a good president which would lead him not to do think he could lead the cylons.
                      I think it's fear, not that he couldn't do a good job but that he'd be responsible. If he's in a position of power he can't even for a moment delude himself that nothing's really his fault or waffle over whether he's doing the right thing or not. Right now, if humanity fails part of the blame will rest with them, no matter how much he contributes to their demise. But if he's the one to help make the decisions... he can't delude himself into a guilt-free existence.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Well, we only know that they know she's a Cylons because we seen the portfolio of 'Known Cylons' on the President's desk when Vice President Baltar sat down and read it. The only public announcement they had made about known Cylons was about Leoben Conoyand and that other cylon, the tourist guide one from the mini-series (forget his name but feel free to correct me, thanks). Sure, they could have revealed to the public about Six being another known Cylon without showing it on the episodes but they would have atleast mentioned it too. Even if it was revealed to the public through any sort of broadcast, cultists usually don't listen or regard the news at all as fact or even with rationale. So it's not a huge stretch to say that they wouldn't know she's a Cylon but I don't think that it was even revealed to the masses, yet.

Comment

Originally posted by riffcold
                          I heard somewhere that the person that Number 6 said "I've been wondering when you'd show up." to in the Miniseries would be revealed in this episode.

The episode certainly seemed to be building up to it, but I didn't see that person. Did I miss something?
                          Watch the episode again, but go through Roslin's flashbacks to Caprica in freeze frame. This is the same scene, but from Roslin's point of view. There's rather a lot of people in the background carrying silver suitcases like number 6, and a few are very familiar faces (I'm not talking about Baltar and number 6; they're the obvious ones) who really shouldn't be on Caprica at this time. Is this the Cylons gathering to plant the nuclear devices on Caprica: the beginning of the attack? I'll wait for other people to watch the scenes again before I say who I think I've seen in these scenes. If these people are who I think though, I have NO idea where Battlestar's heading now!

Janine

Comment

Originally posted by Janine
                            Watch the episode again, but go through Roslin's flashbacks to Caprica in freeze frame. This is the same scene, but from Roslin's point of view. There's rather a lot of people in the background carrying silver suitcases like number 6, and a few are very familiar faces (I'm not talking about Baltar and number 6; they're the obvious ones) who really shouldn't be on Caprica at this time. Is this the Cylons gathering to plant the nuclear devices on Caprica: the beginning of the attack? I'll wait for other people to watch the scenes again before I say who I think I've seen in these scenes. If these people are who I think though, I have NO idea where Battlestar's heading now!

Janine
                            Who was it? Spoil me!

Comment

Originally posted by somedude
                              Who was it? Spoil me!
                              There's no way to be 100% sure, as the people are all in the background and you never get a face on, good look at them, but I'm pretty sure amongst the case carriers I've seen Starbuck, Boomer, some guy from Pegasus that I cannot remember the name of right now, a number 6 copy, and a Roslin copy. The Roslin one is the weirdest. Watch the flashback scenes again. It honestly looks like Roslin is standing there watching a copy of herself with a suitcase talking to Pegasus guy and two others with cases.

Creepy.

Janine

Comment

Another well done BSG episode. Roslin lives! Loved it! I'm worried about Baltar. This corporeal Number Six might just be the person to tip him over the edge. I can't wait!
                                TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                                X