No announcement yet.

Resurrection Ship, Part 2 (212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was fracking awesome. I just saw the ep tonight cause I missed it friday (never looked forward to a monday in my life until now). In general I am overwhelmed at the moment and can't get all my thoughts together just yet.

I wasn't expecting Cain to withdraw the order on the assasination attempt on Adama, and that through me off. After I saw that I felt Cain can't be to bad, yes she made decisions, yes they were hard, yes most of us say we would never do such things, (I am not saying I would do them, I think she and her decisions were wrong when it came to civilians and the Lt. and Tyrol.) But like she said "the day comes when we make that terrible sin, but all I ask is when the time comes, don't flinch, not a second thought" she was implying that she made mistakes and regrets them deeply.

I knew that six was going to kill Cain, but didn't know how she was going to do it or how she got out of her cell. Now I think Baltar is in way over his head and helped her off the Pegasus (dumb-ass pr***) cause he said "I can protect you, because I love you" or something like that. I bet he looses track off her and alot of **** is going to be are way with them.

Now I'm not to happy about Frisk becoming the commander of the Pegasus, I said it before and I'll say it again I don't like him, don't trust him, and think he's a fracking coward. (but was very happy to see Helo and Tyrol released).

Also the Funral oh my, Kara's speech wow but I would have to agree in some things that the fleet was "better with her then without her", I did verymuch respect Cain until she was shot then mixed emotions came in. Kara is also in a major crossraod and is lost in the fact I don't think she knows who she is anymore in a sence, (like we all are or were in our teens) nor does she know who to trust or follow. That shown in the sene with Lee/Kara the relationship between them is changing and not sure if its for the good. I think Kara was scared to hear Lee say he didn't want to come back alive, that changes everything.

The sene with Lee/Kara/Dee it was very well done, I liked it, not sure where its going to lead but its going to evolve into something.

LoneStar1836: I do believe that Dee herd Lee say he was sorry (maybe that is why she listened into there conversation in the first place, don't know but believable.)

Oh and the poor Blackbird, I loved that ship why did they have to destroy it.

sorry for rambling just loved this ep.
    Last edited by GALACTIC MYTH; 16 January 2006, 09:25 PM.

Comment

While I liked this episode, I found it anti-climactic... I don't mean to be contrary but I was really looking forward to seeing Kara pull the trigger... not because I'm particularly blood-thirsty but because I wondered what kind of impact that act would have on Kara... Furthermore, I thought it was rather convenient that it was left to the cylon to do the deed at the end... relieving the humans of the responsibility of having to deal with one of their own.

I seem to remember a discussion on the previous thread about whether Adama needed Roslin to "pull him into line" and I think this episode really answers that question. I used to think that Roslin's presence tempered Adama's military instincts but now I'm not sure I believe that. I think Cain and Adama are an interesting study of contrasts. Even if having Roslin around did influence his decision the first time to run rather than engage the enemy ultimately he made up his own mind... after looking at his crew and the men and women he cared about. Notice also that Cain was accompanied by a civillian presence but chose to see them as an encumberance and then exploit their resources.
      Although Adama is career military and has good survival instincts... he is fundamentally a man of reason. He considers, he thinks and then he acts for the greater good. At least twice now, we see that he has acted based on what he knows and believes to be right not because of Roslin but sometimes contrary to her advice. This is why I like the character and why I believe he commands the respect of his people. He allows himself to persuaded with logic and reasons, and at the end of the day, doesn't fight for the sake of fighting (which I think Cain is about... Cain thrives on conflict and action which is why she sees something of herself in Kara, who is IMO cut from the same cloth). Better than most, he understands that the cylon may be the obvious enemy but he also understands that humanity is often its own worst problem.
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Carrie
        She had to say something good about Cain at the funeral.

For two, she probably still has a lot of supporters from the crew. Meaning saying that, in a little room like that, might wind up with a fight breaking out and someone decking her.
        Hello: I'm glad to see you say that. Thats like I was thinking. Cain may have had some hardcore supporters & there may have been some who were'nt aware of what was going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Frakster
          So is Six in Baltar's head gone for good?
          Greetings, thats what I was thinking. Now he has someone real & since he can focus on Gina. SIX has disolved.
          On the other hand, prehaps she has just gone into hiding & is plotting her revenge. He DID use her sports speech to Gina.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion's Star
            I don't think Cain did flinch because I don't think Cain ever really decided not to terminate Adama's command, as it was so delightfully put forth by her. I think it was good that it was shown her deciding to not go through with her decision at that moment, but I think in many ways that it was only a temporary decision on her part. I think she wanted to see how things would go with Adama first, now that she had first hand knowledge of how effective the two Battlestars are together, and then decide later on what to do with Adama. But I don't think she really flinched, or backpedalled in any way in making the decision to go through with it. She essentially made a non-decision.
            Hello: I can see both points. My take is I think she did'nt go through with it because she was outnumbered. There was the crew of BSG, the President & the entire fleet. That would have been a lot to contend with.

Comment

Originally posted by Speakfire
              Just to clarify, we ARE allowed to post spoilers here in the episode commentary in plain text without all the rigamarole, warnings and white-outs, right? Just no where else?
              Yes, I read the yellow colored thread from Darren. He said it is ok here in the episode discussion threads. ALL other places, you must use the spoiler procedures.

Comment

Originally posted by Frakster
                So is Six in Baltar's head gone for good?

Originally Posted by USA1290: Greetings, thats what I was thinking. Now he has someone real & since he can focus on Gina. SIX has disolved.
                On the other hand, prehaps she has just gone into hiding & is plotting her revenge. He DID use her sports speech to Gina.
                I believe Six is in hiding only for a while until the perfect oppurtinuty comes when Baltar goes in a panic without Gina or something. But going on Mr. Ron Morre's style so far, but it seems to be changing, but I don't think he'll cancel out SIX just yet.

I do agree with you USA1290, at least for now.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                  One thing I did wonder about though was did Dee hear Lee over the radio when he was "telling" Kara that he was sorry?
                  I am inclined to think that Dee did hear Lee's "last words," which is why I cut her some slack for accidentally overhearing the first part of Kara and Lee's convo. (I still think it was out of character for her to stay on and listen.)

Of course, there is always the possibility that Lee's radio was somehow knocked out, which could explain why he had been answering her call.

So, yeah, in short -- I have no clue.

Hopefully this would be cleared up in the upcoming episode(s). The writers seem to be very determined on the 'ship. This could be something Lee and Dee will talk about.
                  In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by GALACTIC MYTH
                    I believe Six is in hiding only for a while until the perfect oppurtinuty comes when Baltar goes in a panic without Gina or something. But going on Mr. Ron Morre's style so far, but it seems to be changing, but I don't think he'll cancel out SIX just yet.

I do agree with you USA1290, at least for now.
                    Greetings & Hello:

I agree with you in agreeing with me.- That makes sense story wise that SIX is laying low. Also, in reality, Tricia did get that TV job hosting the modeling show & may have needed the extra time off for awhile. I think its kind of early in the series to write SIX off also. Thats is one of the big things in the story, is she real or is she Baltars psychosis?
                    Stephen

Comment

This is my first post being a member! I think this ep. was sooooo great! I wsa so upset that I missed part 1 but glas this ep was good not seeing it! Im glad that cain dies but very glad they did not get rid of pegasus. now they will have 2 battlestars in the fleet and maybe more opportunites to kick the cylon's butt when an opportunity comes along later. Can't wait for friday!
                      sigpic
                      Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Is it just me, or is Boomer rapidly becoming "Bondage Chick"? Every time we see her she's in a collar or restraints. And she looks good in them...

ahem.

As for Baltar's inconsistent behavior, well...you wake up one day to find out not only that you're girlfriend's a toaster but also that you singlehandedly caused the destruction of your entire civilization, then tell me how sane you'll feel.

Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                        I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                        What have these years left to me?
                        Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy
                          Is it just me, or is Boomer rapidly becoming "Bondage Chick"? Every time we see her she's in a collar or restraints. And she looks good in them...

ahem.

As for Baltar's inconsistent behavior, well...you wake up one day to find out not only that you're girlfriend's a toaster but also that you singlehandedly caused the destruction of your entire civilization, then tell me how sane you'll feel.

Well you have to be insane/crazy to give your girlfriend access to the defence mainframe in the first place, and that was before he found out she was a toaster.

Originally posted by GateTrek
                          This is my first post being a member! I think this ep. was sooooo great! I wsa so upset that I missed part 1 but glas this ep was good not seeing it! Im glad that cain dies but very glad they did not get rid of pegasus. now they will have 2 battlestars in the fleet and maybe more opportunites to kick the cylon's butt when an opportunity comes along later. Can't wait for friday
                          Just wanted to say welcome to the forum. Also if you don't already know, they do a repeat of Fridays episodes on Monday night at 11:00pm est, 10:00pm ct. thats how I cought "Resurrection Part 2".

Comment

I'm really liking Baltar right now.

Sure he made a big mistake that caused the genocide of the 12 Colonies, but he didn't mean to do it. Had he known he sure as hell wouldn't have let it happen.

He's morphing into a more dark character now, but I like how he recognizes the Cylons humans for people and not machines in the strictest sense.

Callis is damn versatile too. He does the drama so well, but when he wants laughs he makes it look easy.

Comment

Originally posted by GALACTIC MYTH
                              Well you have to be insane/crazy to give your girlfriend access to the defence mainframe in the first place, and that was before he found out she was a toaster.
                              Well not exactly insane. Just a man who thinks with his you know what. It's not like in his wildest nightmares he would even fathom that she's a Cylon who will cause the destruction of the human race.

Comment

Originally posted by apollo123
                                Well not exactly insane. Just a man who thinks with his you know what. It's not like in his wildest nightmares he would even fathom that she's a Cylon who will cause the destruction of the human race.
                                But even though he thinks with his you know what, you still don't just give someone you don't even love (mini series gets cought in bed with another women doesn't even say love until mid season 1) that kind of access. You (Baltar) must be at least stupid beyond stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X