No announcement yet.

Final Cut (208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just rewatched some of it and first off, they do show Apollo's butt, but briefly. I wonder if that was accidental or on purpose?

Second, I really like Dee even more now. I love how they developed her so far in this one episode, as well as a few. She's taken a big leap in this season.

And I was like 100% positive I didn't need to put spoilers in an episode topic talking about the episode. Glad someone recleared it up for me.

Comment

Galactica has gone 0-2 since I joined this board. I'll willingly leave if it will improve the quality of the program.

See, the "putting a human face" angle has been done to death, and I'm afraid that "Final Cut" didn't bring anything new to the table. But they can't all be winners and I thought it was still a solid show. I liked seeing Gaeta and Kat get some screen time. I liked the tip of the cap when Starbuck challenged Xena... er I... I mean, Lawless's character to a match.

But the big reveal at the end was pathetic.

The reporter was a Cylon. Whoopie!

This episode should have never happened. The Cylon detector actually works and if I was going to give someone "unrestricted access" I'd make sure they were tested first. They find out she's a cylon and next thing you know she's in a brig or out the airlock.

When did the writers get stupid?

Comment

Originally posted by grover
        This episode should have never happened. The Cylon detector actually works and if I was going to give someone "unrestricted access" I'd make sure they were tested first. They find out she's a cylon and next thing you know she's in a brig or out the airlock.

When did the writers get stupid?
        Baltar is in charge of testing. He has no intention or seems to have no intention of outing any Cylons if they test positive. I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't rigged the detector to pass everybody to save himself the headache. So having Biers tested wouldn’t have made any difference.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
          Actually this episode felt off to me……
          Finally! All the praises upthread made me think I must be a little crazy for not totally loving this episode.

But first things first ... Lee, now I know why his call-sign is Apollo. There goes a very ... physically fit guy. Ahem.

I like what BSG is doing for their secondary characters. The insight we gained on Dee's relationship with her father is quite special, for now we know where her console for Adama (in the last episode) stemmed from. That was nice -- and quite unexpected -- continuity there. And a smoking Gaeta with collar unbottoned? That was quite amusing.

It was nice seeing the choices people made in earlier episodes are now bearing consequences. One in particular, Tigh; but it was not played out in a heavy-handed manner a la many lesser shows. Instead, we hear Adama speaking of the burden of conscience, and we wonder how much he was talking about Tigh and how much, himself. And finally we see Tigh owing up to his responsibility at the moment of confrontation.

SG-1 has a similar episode called Heros which was among my favorite of that series. I like Final Cut for the same truth that it revealed, that real heroism is not about always doing the right thing; instead it's ordinary people in the service of others, "warts and all." But the emotional upswing here was cut short by the final reveal. It was cruel as well as cool, as I am sure it sets up for what comes up the next week.

Overall, a nice filler episode, if not overly memorable -- with the possible exception of Lee. I am looking forward to the plethora of screencaps.
          In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

It was a decient episode but no where near being one of the best. It was obviously intended to be somewhat of a filler episode, however it did reveal quite a lot of interesting character developments as well as providing a way for the writers to introduce the new Cylon model.

Is it just me or did anyone else think there was perhaps something more behind the way she interacted with Dee?
            Last edited by Carbito; 10 September 2005, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Awsome ep.

Comment

Not that I'm complaining (not at all believe me) but it makes me laugh that Kat had a towel that covered her well but Lee has what looks like a handtowel that only covers the good bits.

Anyway, I think that this was a so-so episode. It felt a bit slow to me and there was no real sense of suspense but that's fine because I don't think that it was meant to. This one was a character piece, meant to give us some more personal insights into the characters, and it did that well IMO. I felt that the Biers being a Cylon was kind of overkill and it left me confused as to what her purpose for making such a pro-Galactica documentary could be. Did she go to all that trouble just to find out if Sharon and the baby were alive? If so then why make the Galactica look good to the rest of the fleet? I'm sure it's one of those things that will be answered farther down the line and it leaves the door open for Lucy Lawless to return, which is great because I'm a fan.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                  Not that I'm complaining (not at all believe me) but it makes me laugh that Kat had a towel that covered her well but Lee has what looks like a handtowel that only covers the good bits.

Anyway, I think that this was a so-so episode. It felt a bit slow to me and there was no real sense of suspense but that's fine because I don't think that it was meant to. This one was a character piece, meant to give us some more personal insights into the characters, and it did that well IMO. I felt that the Biers being a Cylon was kind of overkill and it left me confused as to what her purpose for making such a pro-Galactica documentary could be. Did she go to all that trouble just to find out if Sharon and the baby were alive? If so then why make the Galactica look good to the rest of the fleet? I'm sure it's one of those things that will be answered farther down the line and it leaves the door open for Lucy Lawless to return, which is great because I'm a fan.
                  My take on this is
                  Spoiler:
                  you now have a cylon in the fleet that both Adama and President Roslin trust and like because of the positive documentary. So we have a civil that will have access to both the military and civilian government. Think of the power of the press to influence people. It was a set up for things to come. I do look forward to Lucy's return.
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Wow. That ending was so unexpected. I almost choked on my food. I can't believe she's a cylon. I did not see that coming. Other then that the episode was okay.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
                    Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

I thought that it was nice getting a closer, more intimate look at all of the characters, but it all seemed sort of off, and not up to the usual standards. I suppose the writers just got a little lax: some things weren't exactly the most logical.

Gripes: The whole 2 cylon raiders... gasp we're all going to die... That seemed sort of played up. I mean, if just 2 came wouldn't they be suspicious? Expect more? Not just be like... okay, we killed them. Yay. I don't know, that just seemed incredibly staged to me. (yes, I know, they served a "purpose" in getting the video back to the Cylons but... still it didn't work right)

And Kara was a little out of character this ep, too. I'm just not used to her being all helpy, and around all-the-time to split up fights and guide in pilots who can't land. I mean, every problem- poof! Kara's there.

And also, I really thought that from the promos, the whole thing with Sharon's baby would be a little more important, not just a couple of seconds. That was just totally cast aside, and I really don't know why. I wonder what happened. They never said.

I hope the next episode will be more coherent and more like the exciting ones that we've seen. But that said... it was a pretty good ep. I really liked the perspective into Gaeta's personal life... haha. That was really great. And Kara and Lee was pretty nice, too. So all in all, it wasn't a terrible ep. I just hope this suspended reality is just a short-term engagement...

http://bsgmedia.org/

Comment

Real Good Episode.

I enjoyed the whole thing, except for this one little thing: the Cylons make a big deal, saying over and over again, that once the human models are killed their consciousness is downloaded into another body. But at the end of this one episode - the human cylons didn't know Sharon was alive or dead for that matter. They were all suprised. So, does a cylon die just like the wee humans or what?
                        Aadizookaan

Comment

Yeah, I found it quite wierd that they didn't already know. I always thought that they like... knew everything!

http://bsgmedia.org/

Comment

Great episode. Gaeta lets it all hang out? That was bizarre.

All this talk about CAG-booty leads me to speak up on behalf of the heterosexual males in the audience, and draw attention to Starbuck, those stomach muscles all taut and glistening with sweat, and ready to take you down and make you thank her afterwards...

Excuse me a moment...
                            Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                            I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                            What have these years left to me?
                            Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
                              Please have the courtesy to use the tag (SPOILER in []) to hide spoilers. Edit the original post and I'll take back the RED.
                              Nonsense. Spoiler tag is not needed in the thread about an aired episode. Only in all other threads. If you go in here it's because you've seen the ep or are willing to accept the spoilers.

As for the spisode - it really wasn't a favorite of mine either even if I can't say exactly why it felt "wrong" to me. But it did some really good character development, and definitely had some high points, so I'm not complaining. THere needs to be room for that too.

Comment

Sharon betrayed the Cylons, and probably severed all connection with them (as indicated by a few lines in "Home"). Add that to the transfer's distance factor (mentioned in "Flesh and Bone") and there's no reason for the Cylons to assume Sharon was still alive.

Also, they mentioned the baby survived.
                                aka Nur-ab-sal

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama

Comment

Working...
                                X