Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egeria
    What should he do...kill her
    She's a Cylon, so yes. Synthetic organism or not, she's a Cylon. Pregnant or not, she's a Cylon. Granted it wouldn't fare well for the story and certainly not for Grace Park's employment.. But a smart man wouldn't have shot her in the shoulder.

Comment

Well she is a human being, so they just can't kill her. She hasn't done anything to Helo or Starbuck that merits killing her.

Her race nuked the 12 colonies, but she didn't press the button.

Comment

Originally posted by FeloniousMonk
        It's not about being awkward. Maybe I'm just explaining it wrong but it's almost as if he's trying too hard to get in her pants using the nice guy routine. Up until that scene I didn't see it this way but the kiss and that talk just brought my previous analogy into my mind; the scared little freshman nerd trying to console a vulnerable cheerleader. If y'all can't grasp what I'm trying to convey with that then I'm simply not able to explain it well enough.

It just ruined the character for me, that's all.
        Oh... I understand what you're trying to say... Even if your analogy applies, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing. Who knows... Apollo maybe hunter and healer in other contexts but not in this...

Maybe it's a girl thing... but I thought it was very sweet...

Well, all we can do is agree to disagree...
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

So what do you guys think they'll find in the Tomb of Athena?

I've been thinking, how in the heck could there be a map to Earth from there? I mean a set of FTL jumps might work...

Also, it would be funny if they found a big round thing with weird symbols on it..

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Seven

I've been thinking, how in the heck could there be a map to Earth from there? I mean a set of FTL jumps might work...
            Did they actually say something about a map? It could be a puzzle thingy...

Also, it would be funny if they found a big round thing with weird symbols on it..
            So you think that the Lords of Kobol are the Ancients, eh?
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Adama: Mr. Gaeta, dial the gate.

Gaeta: Chevron one encoded..

SG-BSG -

Apollo
              Starbuck
              Baltar
              Helo

Comment

^^Hehe. Which one is the alien though? Every week you get to play guess which one is the Cylon.

Warning: Rambling to follow about my thoughts on some things said up thread......

RE: the kiss

I think she was a little surprised especially since it was coming from him. Before that, they spat more like a brother and sister. Sure, they had feelings for each other, but neither admitted as much. Closest Lee had come before to admitting anything (to prossibly even himself) was snapping at Kara about Baltar.

RE: the “locker room” scene or whatever you want to call that….I think he was initially trying to cheer her up (she just wasn’t in the mood to play along) and maybe apologize in a way. He had said that rather biting line to her, “thanks for brining in the trash” and then snapped at her about stealing the raider. After giving up on that, he just directly let her know he was there if and when she felt like talking. It took a lot for him to offer her a shoulder to “cry” on, knowing she’s not the type to open up except on her terms, but he made the offer anyway to show that he cared. Serious stuff has happened to both of them....Poor Lee, I wonder who he's been able to talk to, if anybody yet. Possibly Roslin but I'm not so sure.
                Originally posted by Easter Lily
                But I'm not convinced the awkwardness is not deliberate. The man is trying to reach out... but he's not too sure how to do it, so he dances around to "test the waters" as it were. It doesn't suggest that he's a wimp, all it says to me is that he doesn't know how to relate to Kara on an emotional level.
                I agree. She closes herself off pretty tight when it comes to the touchy, feely stuff. You don't just barge in and ask her how she's feeling. You might get your neck snapped.

Lee's not an aggressive sort of guy, and he probably still suffers from not having complete confidence in himself, even though he has grown leaps and bounds in that area, especially since last season, which was only what, three weeks ago in the show’s timeline. I'm guessing Lee's probably always had a thing for her, but was too shy and unsure of himself to say anything. Zak, probably the more aggressive of the two, swooped in and made his feelings known, leaving Lee in the dust and then his death complicated things even more.

He's a changed man this season after the events of KLG forward...he's grown as a person....but probably not so much on the relationship front. Even after this, I don't see him aggressively pursuing Kara, (though he might be a little more focused in what he wants), and I sure don't see her going after him for fear of opening herself up and being rejected, even if he is the object of her desires.

Heh. My younger brother thinks Lee is a wuss too........ So what if Bamber doesn’t have a deep voice (not that I have a problem with the one he has) …..he makes up for it with those nice arms.

If I were in Roslin’s position, I’d shove Boomer out the airlock as well. It’s the safest thing to do. It may not be the most moral thing to do, but Boomer poses a very credible threat. But she could also possibly give good intel as well if you could trust her. Course I don’t want Boomer to die, but Roslin doesn’t have the benefit of watching the show like I do.

Interesting that Baltar slaps himself for not asking GalBoomer about the identities of the 8 Cylons left in the fleet. I wonder if he just wanted to know for his own benefit or would he have informed someone if she had said something. I think he only did that little experiment to see if she would tell the truth since he already knew there were only 8 other models left. Course that doesn’t mean that there isn’t more than one copy hidden within the fleet….. But why would he want to know the identities? I almost read that as a desire to help the humans, but then with him I’m never sure since in that scene he seemed to be distancing himself from them. I guess he just rigged his detector to pass everybody. “No muss, no fuss.”

And while I’m just tossing out random thoughts here…….my interpretation of Dee’s comments.
                Originally posted by Dualla
                You let us down. You let us down. You made a promise to all of us... to find earth, to find us a home. Together. It doesn't matter what the President did or even what Lee did, because every day that we remain apart is a day that you've broken your promise. The people aboard those ships made their own decision.
                I place the emphasis on "together". I don’t think Dee wholeheartedly believes that Adama lied about knowing where Earth is. She may have her doubts, but I don’t think in this excerpt she is accusing him of lying about Earth. To me she is saying that he is reneging on his promise to get them all there together.
                Athena.
                I've been thinking, how in the heck could there be a map to Earth from there? I mean a set of FTL jumps might work..
                Well they are supposed “gods” after all….all knowing and all that I guess….

Maybe it’s some old star charts or vague reference to Earth. Could be the first piece to some kind of puzzle where they have to jump around to different areas of space collecting the pieces of the puzzles to form the complete map (course Moore had said he wanted to avoid that whole planet of the week thing). *shrug* Couldn’t be FTL coordinates cause then they’d get there too fast and the show would end. Your guess is as good as mine. Obviously, it’s not going to be some map with a big red arrow pointing to a dot saying “Earth here”.

Earth will probably be just some random planet that they eventually settle on and proclaim as “Earth”. I don’t think that they will ever find it by show’s end. This show is more about the journey than the destination.
                Last edited by LoneStar1836; 22 August 2005, 07:24 AM. Reason: mixed up my words
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Well she is a human being, so they just can't kill her. She hasn't done anything to Helo or Starbuck that merits killing her.

Her race nuked the 12 colonies, but she didn't press the button.
                  Then we disagree because I wouldn't see a Cylon as a human being. I don't care if it was brought up to think it was a human, it's still a machine. Artificial intelligence is still artificial, it's still software.

She may not have pressed the button but that's like saying the only person responsible for Hiroshima and Nagasaki were the pilots that actually dropped 'em.

[/two cents]

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                    So what if Bamber doesn’t have a deep voice
                    I know, I know. It's not a big deal It's just...humorous. Barber's a damn good actor and when he's yelling at people his voice is a lot more commanding.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836

Earth will probably be just some random planet that they eventually settle on and proclaim as “Earth”. I don’t think that they will ever find it by show’s end. This show is more about the journey than the destination.
                      i agree...i rather think this little arc will end with no revelation of earth...
                      ros and the gang may find a temple...but there will be no map to earth...
                      Thanks!
                      Jordan

my page
                      My LJ
                      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
                        i agree...i rather think this little arc will end with no revelation of earth...
                        ros and the gang may find a temple...but there will be no map to earth...
                        The way I see it there are a couple of ways that this could pan out:

1) The Tomb does contain the location of Earth. It's probably too far away for a single FTL jump so it would require many years of travel and FTL jumps.

2) The Tomb does contain the location of Earth, however it cannot be deciphered before the Cylons turn up.

3) The Tomb is a fake. The Cylons, knowing the prophecies faked the whole Kobol experience as a way to entrap the fleet.

4) The Cylons want the humans to find Earth so that they can go wipe it out as with the 12 Colonies. While the Tomb contains the location of Earth they can't go there while the Cylons are still after them.

Take your pick. I have to admit I have no idea how this episode is going to end up, which is nice in this day and age of spoilers.

Comment

I heard in the podcast for this ep that what happens in the tomb is somehow related to
                          Spoiler:
                          The Sagitarian Archer, "Oh so that's why he has the arrow" - Either Mr Moore, or Mr Eick.

Comment

Then we disagree because I wouldn't see a Cylon as a human being. I don't care if it was brought up to think it was a human, it's still a machine. Artificial intelligence is still artificial, it's still software.
                            No I wouldn't call her a human being either, but certainly a sentient being.

She may not have pressed the button but that's like saying the only person responsible for Hiroshima and Nagasaki were the pilots that actually dropped 'em.
                            Good point, but since when were the masses guilty of the acts of the few, or the few guilty of the acts of the masses. Granted the Cylons as a mass attacked Caprica. However there will always be exceptions. You cannot consider it a god-given that Boomer condones the acts of her race and as such is responsible just because she's a Cylon. Surely as a sentient being she has the ability to make choices, and as such should be judged on her actions albeit with a very healthy dose of scepticism.

Comment

Good point. She's still a Cylon, though. Not a person, a machine. Not a sentient being, just a machine programmed to act like one.

Comment

The line seems to be a little blury I would say at this point Physically they don't seem to have any mechanical parts. How can they be a machine? But they were 'grown' in a lab, and there are many copies. Is our uniqueness a defining factor in what makes us human?

Such questions....argh my head.

Comment

Working...
                                X