No announcement yet.

The Son Also Rises (318)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only worthwhile episode is, of course, a singular, 42 minute explosion. Or, perhaps, a series of smaller explosions, totaling 42 minutes.

Frak all that 'dialogue', and 'plot' nonsense, who needs it? Writing is for pussies.

Bah!
    "I disagree with what you say and I will deny, to your death, your right to say it." -Bucky Katt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
      lol Yay they managed to get Baltar's lawyer to be Irish-Neo!

lol good ep too, nice cat. And why was that guy stealing things off everyone? That's just rude
      well the guy is a Lawyer and we all know Lawyers have sold their souls to the devil(or would it be hades as BSG uses the greek Gods) I mean look at W+H from Angel <_< *is shot*

Comment

That lawyer is a piece of work. Could Baltar and his lawyer be from the same planet? Baltar's accent seemed close to something from the British Isles.
        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
        The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
        I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
        Caboose: They could be worse?
        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

well Baltar's voise actor is from england and the producers allowed him to keep his accent

so thats why Baltar sounds English

Jamie Bamber is also english but well he hides his accent very well

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
            well the guy is a Lawyer and we all know Lawyers have sold their souls to the devil(or would it be hades as BSG uses the greek Gods) I mean look at W+H from Angel <_< *is shot*
            lol yeah maybe he's whats left of the colonies' version of Wolfram & Hart.
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
              That lawyer is a piece of work. Could Baltar and his lawyer be from the same planet? Baltar's accent seemed close to something from the British Isles.
              Don't forget, Baltar sounds nothing like Baltar should. Apparently he sounds Caprican... So I guess on Caprica there are different possible accents... a more refined British accent and standard American accents. Whereas the dustbowl Baltar grew up on had a more unrefined or blue collar set of dialects, both English and American.

So, I guess it depends on whether they consider his Irish accent to be lower or higher class.

But comparing anyone's accent to that of Baltar's is sketchy, at least in terms of determining a person's origin, because it's not his real accent.

Comment

Originally posted by czarjosh View Post
                This may sound crazy, but when the episode was over, the first thing i said to myself was:

"Is Baltar's lawyer, Baltar's son?"
                I somehow believe that there was some past with baltar and the lawyer. He would be about Adm Adama's age and would be slightly older than baltar...
                Another outlandish theory, is the lawyer somehow a cylon? i knw there are a defined number of cylons, but could the ones we know of have made them or could he be one of the final five? he just seems so cylony and he seems to know too much... (e.g Adm. Adama's father, which is unconfirmed whether he actually knew him or not, right now we're trusting his word for it)

Comment

If he's not a Cylon, and we discount just wanting to be a famous lawyer as a real motive, why would he be doing what he's doing?

One possible answer is that he wants to get Baltar off to kill him. We don't really know his past. Maybe he wants revenge for those he lost at some point along the line... now that things are becoming clear regarding his betrayal of the colonies even before New Caprica, the hatred of him will only grow. Strong feelings from humans toward Baltar will most often manifest as hatred. Perhaps his hatred is couched in a desire to help. Could be his desire to repay Baltar for all his deeds toward humanity personally. Certainly seems more plausible than a human wanting to see Baltar just get off.

Comment

Did anyone else think to themselves "Is Baltar's lawyer Matt Murdock?"

Comment

Heh. Personally, I found the sunglasses annoying and a distraction. At one point I found myself drifting while watching the episode, actually wondering if the actor was sensitive to the production lights... I think it was a pointless device, and I actually doubt the President and Adama would've sat there talking to Mr. Cool with them still on.

For gods sakes, they're in space... there's no sun! I thought it was stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Marauder359 View Post
                        Heh. Personally, I found the sunglasses annoying and a distraction. At one point I found myself drifting while watching the episode, actually wondering if the actor was sensitive to the production lights... I think it was a pointless device, and I actually doubt the President and Adama would've sat there talking to Mr. Cool with them still on.

Agreed.

Comment

My first thought was, sadly, "OMG! He's a Silicate! He's hiding the crosshairs on his eyes!" But of course, that's from the wrong show. I did wonder if there was some specific reason for him to hide his eyes, though. They made too much of a production out of his putting them on and wearing them all the time... and there seemed to be a significance to when he finally took them off, too, though I don't know what it could be other than my own desperate imagination trying to find meaning in nothing.

Comment

Baltar's long lost younger brother whom he left behind, now returns to seek both pride from his brother when he gets him off, and revenge toward his brother when he then tries to kill him.

I'd buy it.

Comment

Well,they needed a laywer for Baltar because not everyone would like to defend him because of his unpopularity and they promised fair trial .
                              Regarding the sun glasses,maybe they give him confidence or something else.Or maybe he "borrowed" 'em from someone else.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode,it's well written and as for viper/battle stuff they have to finish Baltar trial first because they dragged that idea for a few eps and they've to finish it.Just like they did with Kara's destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by n7sen View Post
                                Regarding the sun glasses,maybe they give him confidence or something else. Or maybe he "borrowed" 'em from someone else.
                                You know, I think you've hit something there. Perhaps the sunglasses have some connection to Baltar or perhaps the Adamas...

Comment

Working...
                                X