X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or maybe she IS a cylon...

Spoiler:
    Kara's mom is Kara.
    Or rather an older kara model, and given a younger model to raise to be a ultimate tough badass to fulfill some damned prophesy. Thus all the "it's happened before" garbage. Maybe Kara Senior didn't have the ovary removed, thus the cancer...

Or I'm smoking crack...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      *sits back to watch the fandom implode
      ( looking down at sig )

> foomp <

Frak! --Apollo
      Frak you. --Cain
      FRAK Me! --Kat
      frakwit! --Tyrol
      B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

Originally posted by Toaster Roaster View Post
        Could the original heavy raider contact been a fig mate of Starbucks imagination and the second heavy raider contact been the real thing.

If Starbuck is really dead and gone for good this was a horrible was to go out…

O yeah I forget what happened to the two people in the picture that Lee wanted his picture placed next to if he “bought it”

PS. Mrs. Thrace reminds me of my parents. They didn't physically abuse me more like psychological abuse amongst other things....

By the way do gas giants have "surfaces" like terrestrial planets? I understand the hard deck was the place where the pressure became to great for the viper to maintain structural integrity....
        That's an interesting theory, but didn't that kind of happen in season 1 when Starbuck crashed and had to fly a cylon raider back to Galactica? I mean I wouldn't be opposed to it happening again, but do you think they'd do it again?

Comment

i dunno thiss ep was boring and i was out of it for most of it. who knows of kara is dead ro not. but hmmmmmm am i the only person who thinks that the planet they were on was jupiter? i mean it looked like a gas giant like jupiter and it had that storm system like jupiter's great red spot. hm i guess this means they are very close to earth

Comment

Apologies 'cos I've missed a few posts in the middle but did anyone else pick up on the fact that in the corridor scene with Adama and Kara the lights go out in the section Kara's standing in and come on again when she steps out of the area? Sure, the workers were fiddlin' with things, but I had fun thinking of it as foreshadowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
              Oh good I'm not going crazy. I was watching and went "These effects look differtent", and the cool veiws from weird angles of the BSG were nice too.
              The effects were killer. I thought, "ooo, they spent more money"
              Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
              Im starting to feel like im the only one who caught that whole between life and death line leoban said and its connection to #3 who also talked alot about that place while she was finding the identities of the final 5
              Nope, you're not the only one.

But then, these two guys behind the show KILL people... they're *real* writers... I think she's bye bye.
              Frak! --Apollo
              Frak you. --Cain
              FRAK Me! --Kat
              frakwit! --Tyrol
              B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

The effects were killer. I thought, "ooo, they spent more money"
                it was Karas big ep... when ever we get a new big overhyped episode the special effects budget seems to shoot through the roof with better CGI than any episode before it *points to ressurrection ship1+2 and exodus as examples*

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  Apologies 'cos I've missed a few posts in the middle but did anyone else pick up on the fact that in the corridor scene with Adama and Kara the lights go out in the section Kara's standing in and come on again when she steps out of the area? Sure, the workers were fiddlin' with things, but I had fun thinking of it as foreshadowing.
                  I noticed it, but I'm not so suspicious. You reminded me of something. Aurora, the Goddess of dawn, of beginnings is interesting...and she flies!

According to Wikipedia "Aurora renews herself every morning at dawn and flies across the sky". Renews herself. Hmmm.

According to Encyclopedia Mythica "Aurora is seen as a lovely woman who flies across the sky announcing the arrival of the sun." Announcing the arrival of The sun. Earth's sun? Hmmmm.

And why did she give the figurine to Adama?

I guess I am suspicious.
                  Last edited by Hatusu; 04 March 2007, 08:48 PM.
                  Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

About the hybrid/cylon thing.

That is a good point. In interviews when asked if we will see more Cylon motels the answer now is "Yes, but do we really know the difference between a Cylon and a human." It brings up a good point here. I think the line between a Cylon and a human will blur even more as the show continues.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
                      I noticed it, but I'm not so suspicious. Aurora, the Goddess of dawn, of beginnings is interesting...and she flies!

According to Wikipedia "Aurora renews herself every morning at dawn and flies across the sky". Renews herself. Hmmm.

According to Encyclopedia Mythica "Aurora is seen as a lovely woman who flies across the sky announcing the arrival of the sun." Announcing the arrival of The sun. Earth's sun? Hmmmm.

I guess I am suspicious.

thats very very interesting I dont know much about greek mythology(outside of the standard stuff like Hercules and the minotaur ect ect) so *gives you some green*

and TPTB have been known to use symbolism before so...

but then again maybe im reading to much into things

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
                        i dunno thiss ep was boring and i was out of it for most of it. who knows of kara is dead ro not. but hmmmmmm am i the only person who thinks that the planet they were on was jupiter? i mean it looked like a gas giant like jupiter and it had that storm system like jupiter's great red spot. hm i guess this means they are very close to earth
                        That's an interesting theory however if it really was jupiter surely they would have been able to detect earth a few AU away on long range dradius. The Storm on Jupiter is many times bigger than earth if i remember correctly so they storm you saw is far to small. Also the winds would be far to fast to fly through fancy star fighter or not. Also it the planet had a blue sky and clouds Jupiter has neither.

That's an interesting theory, but didn't that kind of happen in season 1 when Starbuck crashed and had to fly a cylon raider back to Galactica? I mean I wouldn't be opposed to it happening again, but do you think they'd do it again?
                        I find it hard to believe that Starbuck is dead and gone. During the early episodes Starbuck was the main character of the main characters. Lately it seems to me that bill is the main main character. It would be like the cosby show writers killing off Cliff, and continuing the series.....

Comment

I have mixed feelings about this episode. On the one end I thought it was well acted and the effects were excellent. But taken in as part of season three I'm disappointed. Things really did go off the board with the jump in time. If Moore was looking for another Dominion War style epic story line he's missed the mark by a country mile.

Comment

I thought this episode was quite good, and I'll admit that even though I knew Kara would bite the big one, it still shook me up pretty well.

After seeing the way her mom treated her I can understand why she was so frakked in the head. I can't wait until we get a little bit more information about what actually happened when she "died". She will be back, because they really didn't give her a reason to die, she just kinda let go. I think that she had to die in order to fulfill her destiny, not saying that her destiny was to die, but she had to die to move forward into her destiny. Bah, now I'm confused.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
                              I don't particularly think it looked like Jupiter. There's nothing resembling blue skies with fluffy white clouds over Jupiter, and Jupiter's storm can fit 2-3 Earths within it. A Viper would be utterly invisible on that scale. Most Jovian planets have storm systems.
                              "I disagree with what you say and I will deny, to your death, your right to say it." -Bucky Katt

sigpic

Comment

I'd heard the rumors about who was going to die in this episode. I was shocked, how could such a key player die?

And when I saw this episode I thought it was cheap, that they didn't give her justice. That it was a cop-out of a way to send that character out.

But then I started thinking about it and then I thought about it some more after reading some posts (the ones by Alastair, Oreo, Gate Gal, and Kharn the Betrayer were the most insightful IMHO). This is what I came up with...

1. What if Kara really is the Chosen One? The one for the Cylons and the Colonials. For the Cylons the Chosen One would be the one to see the final five between life and death at the Eye of Jupiter. What if that storm was Kara's Eye? And her spirit guide (SG) who looked like Leoben told her he was taking her to the place between Life and Death. For the Colonials it was a dying leader who would lead them to Earth. This ones a bit more of a stretch, but you've gotta be dying if you are in the place between Life and Death. She brought the Arrow. When they were on Kobol, she realized that they were on Earth. And I agree with other posters out there, I don't think we've seen the last of her.

2. Kara's mom. Supposedly she had a vision of her daughter of great things to come, and that's why mom tried to toughen her up. What if the SG was right, he was really just trying to prepare her to not fear death. So that then she could fulfill her destiny (which we can only speculate about). Maybe in dying (and I hope its a temporary thing) she breaks the cycle and can't help the Cylons and be Leoben's mother to his children.

And on a final note, I really do think that this is one of the best shows out there. It's not just about one thing (solve this crime this week, or save LA from terrorists). This show doesn't shy away from delving into social and political issues. And I recall reading some posters not liking the square romance tension or the religious/mythological/mystical aspects. Why shouldn't BSG explore the tension of love? And while yes they may have drawn it out and played it out too long (hey they have to keep the shippers happy!) can people really just turn off their feelings for one another? And why shouldn't BSG dare to go into the religion and mysticism. Most of the population on Earth has faith that there is something beyond what we see and touch. Leoben said it, "This is not all that we are." Whatever religion one may have, faith affects who we are and our actions. That's why we needed to see Kara with her spirit guide, so that we could understand why she did what she did.

And now I shall stop ranting, I just really needed to get this out there!

Comment

Working...
                                X