No announcement yet.

Maelstrom (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since everyone else is focusing on that insignificant little plot detail regarding Kara, I'm going to state simply that the visuals in this episode were fantastic. The fleet shots, the planet shots, utterly magnificent.

Also, this episode has done much to reaffirm my irrational, immeasurable terror of gas giants. *cringes*
    "I disagree with what you say and I will deny, to your death, your right to say it." -Bucky Katt

sigpic

Comment

The ejector seat rockets up, so theoretically, it could be. And I like the thought of her being picked up by Leoben (aka NOT a cylon) and showing up next season than the whole 'my destiny is to die being crushed by a planet.

If she is truly dead, that is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. If the above, or some other variant of her still being around, takes place, then I won't hate the episode. Otherwise, it's just a waste. A build up that made no sense at all.
      sigpic

Comment

Gah. Lame, they killed Her, in a really anti-climatic way. No Cylons raining down death and destruction, no heroic sacrifice.....just.... Death. By crushing. >_<

Now I'm afriad at what they'll do to Baltar in these last few episodes. Are they going to have him somehow lose his trial, and execute him(contrary to all evidence, and all foreshadowing)? Even lamer, after being executed, is he going to come back to see the other four cylons just sitting there hanging out?
        Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
        The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
          Nah, we already had an ep end exactly like that this season- I loved this ending, so sudden. The episode went out while the emotion was still high, Starbuck isn't like Kat, the audience can't just see her picture on the wall at the end of the episode just like that. This is something much bigger to get over.
          But all he did was smash a ship, no ending would have ever worked 100%.

Plus I have a feeling we will see the picture next week.

Comment

Gimmick......they are probably doing a "Daniel Jackson" with Starbuck...:lol
            .................Come to think of it..they did the same thing with Andromeda...with Rommie too....

Both came back in one form or another....

Grey's Anatomy is doing the same thing too....with Dr. Grey....
            Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by dec55 View Post
              Gimmick......they are probably doing a "Daniel Jackson" with Starbuck...:lol
              Nah, I don't see Starbuck pointlessly "dieing" every season and coming back the next episode. Plus we already know she won't be in the next episode so the writing can't be as bad / lame as SG-1 has become.

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
                *points to my first post*

Im starting to feel like im the only one who caught that whole between life and death line leoban said and its connection to #3 who also talked alot about that place while she was finding the identities of the final 5
                So she's supposed to be some sort of guide for people between life and death? What does that even mean? I know that 3 was trying to get between life and death in order to see the identities of the final 5, but how does all that tie into Starbuck? Does this mean that Starbuck (if she somehow still exists) now knows the final 5?

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
                I caught it, I just ignore what the stupid people say because the show is obviously over some peoples head. The show isn't even that smart, but it's way to smart for some people.

Three wanted to go between life and death and so has Starbuck, it's not that hard to get.
                Okay, PLEASE don't tell me you just called me stupid...

Comment

Very interesting episode, my theory is that:

Spoiler:

Head Leoben was a Fiver, going to her ala Oma/Daniel, to test her and see if she was worthy and special enough to enter the "Cloud of Unknown", the place that "Lies between life and death."

This being the same place where they are ("They're waiting for me"), and where she will join them in something like "ascension", but not exactly.

Both the phrases "Cloud of Unknown" and "What lies between life and death." have been used by Cylons on this season before to refer to the Cylon Afterlife, or whatever it is they go to, where the Final Five are, which is what sparked my theory.

I dunno, just a theory, which I've expanded on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Aquarius View Post
                    My station stated that this episode would be one 'that could not be missed', but I did not expect this at all...

Your station?

We all watch on SciFiChannel.

Galactica doesn't run on any local stations. At least not the new ones.

WHAT are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Niddle View Post
                      Your station?

We all watch on SciFiChannel.

Galactica doesn't run on any local stations. At least not the new ones.

WHAT are you talking about?
                      Space channel for us Canadians

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaWhiskey View Post
                        Since everyone else is focusing on that insignificant little plot detail regarding Kara, I'm going to state simply that the visuals in this episode were fantastic. The fleet shots, the planet shots, utterly magnificent.

Also, this episode has done much to reaffirm my irrational, immeasurable terror of gas giants. *cringes*
                        Ooh I agree- this episode was beautifully shot, the CGI was amazing. Especially the parts near the beginning where hotdog (and I forget who else) were spinning their vipers "upsidedown" and the view switched between the cloudly planet and the stars. That was beautiful.

And Kara's mother's bed's head and footboards had the corners cut off!!!!!!!!

I was half expecting the pillows to have trimmed corners as well.

Comment

Space channel for us Canadians
                          Did they ever even run a full preview for the episode before today? I only first saw the commercial stating that this was the "episode not to be missed" before Top Ten this afternoon.....

Comment

There was a heavy cylon raider flying around that could have picked her up. A brief view out of Apollo's viper showed the raider and it put a hole in Kara's canopy--so it was actually there.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                              Did they ever even run a full preview for the episode before today? I only first saw the commercial stating that this was the "episode not to be missed" before Top Ten this afternoon.....
                              That was the intriguing thing, in that they just had the standard BSG preview at episode's end last week and for a couple of days. It wasn't until around Thursday-ish that Space began to air an actual preview for Maelstrom.

However, this week they did air a preview for next week's episode.

Comment

That was the intriguing thing, in that they just had the standard BSG preview at episode's end last week and for a couple of days. It wasn't until around Thursday-ish that Space began to air an actual preview for Maelstrom.

However, this week they did air a preview for next week's episode.
                                Yeah.....practically screamed at the tv when the standard preview came on last week. Was so excited for a preview for this week.

Annnnd next week we finally get to meet
                                Spoiler:
                                Badger

errrr.....
                                Spoiler:
                                Romo Lampkin (or however it's spelled)

Comment

Working...
                                X