Sometimes A Great Notion (411)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BobBot View Post
    But if she is a cylon, there could be hundreds of copies of her! There'd be Starbucks on every corner, thereby proving that the planet really is Earth
    Not really mate; they're a different kind of Cylon. With your logic, there'd be loads of Tyrols, Fosters, Tighs(x2), and Anderseseses...

I still want to know if the corpses are Sig Seven Cylons or Final Five Cylons. My understanding was that the Final Five are biologically "human". Certainly they can't stick fibre optics in their arms, or tell Boomer from Athena, etc.
    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

There'd be Starbucks on every corner, thereby proving that the planet really is Earth
      Oh, you got me. I did miss that the first time - That's very funny...

STARBUCKS.. d'oh!!!

(Very good!)

Comment

Originally posted by BobBot View Post
        But if she is a cylon, there could be hundreds of copies of her! There'd be Starbucks on every corner, thereby proving that the planet really is Earth
        If that were true, we'd all be ass-kicked out of the galaxy in no time - Cylon and Human.
        The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by L-S View Post
          Oh, you got me. I did miss that the first time - That's very funny...

STARBUCKS.. d'oh!!!

(Very good!)
          Indeed. Can't believe I missed that!

Comment

I've been reading over quotes from MacBeth and personally, I'd like to see one or two crop up in the dialog over the next couple of weeks.

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
            Something wicked this way comes. "

Comment

Does anyone else think that it would have been quite ironic if they had used instrumental bits of 'Dust in the Wind' by Kansas in the episode? Here's the lyrics if you're not familiar with the song

I close my eyes, only for a moment, and the moment's gone
              All my dreams, pass before my eyes, a curiosity
              Dust in the wind, all they are is dust in the wind

Same old song, just a drop of water in an endless sea
              All we do, crumbles to the ground though we refuse to see
              Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind.
              Oh________________

Don't hang on, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
              It slips away, all your money won't another minute buy

Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind
              Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind
              Dust in the wind, everything is dust in the wind (everything is dust in the wind)
              Last edited by HAL2100; 27 January 2009, 09:41 AM.

Comment

And here I thought I was the only person in this forum old enough to remember that song coming out

Hang on a minute....I may still be the oldest....

Spoiler:
                "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
                ---Bill Adama

Comment

I'm afraid not. I remember when it came out too. And I agree it would have been a very appropriate song to play when they were walking around on the scorched "Earth".
                  sigpic

Comment

i'm loving the irony of Kansas singing a theme song for a BSG eps

couldn't think of anything further from an alien planet than that
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                      Not really mate; they're a different kind of Cylon. With your logic, there'd be loads of Tyrols, Fosters, Tighs(x2), and Anderseseses...

I still want to know if the corpses are Sig Seven Cylons or Final Five Cylons. My understanding was that the Final Five are biologically "human". Certainly they can't stick fibre optics in their arms, or tell Boomer from Athena, etc.
                      Moore has stated that the Cylons found on Earth are a different type of Cylon - which would apply to the Fab Five as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Back40 View Post
                        And here I thought I was the only person in this forum old enough to remember that song coming out

Hang on a minute....I may still be the oldest....
                        Remember I do when Battlestar Galactica debuted...
                        Forget if I could, Galactica 1980...

Comment

How about Stairway to Heaven as the background music for the grand and glorious finale as they're all slaughtered as several have hinted at?

maybe Hotel California - we are all prisoner's here of our own devices...

Comment

You might be onto something... "we are programmed to recieve".

I don't wanna be stabbed by no steely knives

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                              How about Stairway to Heaven as the background music for the grand and glorious finale as they're all slaughtered as several have hinted at?

maybe Hotel California - we are all prisoner's here of our own devices...
                              Hotel California is probably a more fitting description of where these people are going than Stairway to Heaven.
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                                Remember I do when Battlestar Galactica debuted...
                                Forget if I could, Galactica 1980...
                                Frak yes!!! We'd ALL like to forget Galactica '80.....

*shudders*

Spoiler:
                                "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
                                ---Bill Adama

Comment

Working...
                                X