Revelations (410)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rod83 View Post
    No way! It can't end like this... frak me that's wasn't I've expected. It will continue right?
    yes there are still 12 episodes left in 2009

but if this was the end it would have accepted it

Comment

I thought there are only 10 eps left? People say that BSG got a 22 ep run for season 4, but the movie Razor really took up the equivalent of 2 eps.

I'm all for two bonus eps, but I'm still not really sure where the show is going to go at this point. There are so many loose ends and I hope they answer as many as possible.

That last panning scene on Earth was amazingly good.

Comment

I love this show more with every episode. This was a great finale and I cant wait for the end. Here is something to think about though since TPTB seem to like to throw twists, turns, and misinformation our way.
        This show has taken several ideas from the original BSG series and changed them to make them darker. What if they are doing this right now. Maybe this isnt Earth. (yes I know it probably is) Maybe this is Terra. In the original series they thought they had found Earth but it had ended up being a very similar planet but about to start a war that would destroy everything.Maybe that is where they are and it is just another road map to Earth. In the original they ended up helping the Terrans out and stopping the war but they could revamp the story to make it darker like they did with the Pegasus story line. Just a theory.

Comment

Why do people think Zak, Adama's dead son, is a cylon? That would make his parents both cylons as well as his brother Lee. Keep in mind he was born normally as a human. Not some cylon that just pops up lol. Not a very smart theory lawlz...

Comment

it's assumed the final 5 was were born not built and can't resurrect like the others

the final 5 can age, get sick they are more human then the other 7

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
              I thought there are only 10 eps left? People say that BSG got a 22 ep run for season 4, but the movie Razor really took up the equivalent of 2 eps.

I'm all for two bonus eps, but I'm still not really sure where the show is going to go at this point. There are so many loose ends and I hope they answer as many as possible.

That last panning scene on Earth was amazingly good.
              There are twelve hours of the show left- the final episode is expected to run at two-three hours long.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                Considering that she's having his baby and they (presumably) haven't spoken since they found out.....Yeah. that would be the first thing on my mind too.
                on the other hand...

- considering she still had very strong feelings for Baltar - so strong they made her feel that 'part of her world had fallen appart' (end of s3, cf. Romo Lampkin)

- considering that her relation with Tigh was out of character for the abovementioned reason & also for the fact that everything prior to this revelation suggested that she was merely manipulating the old man & frakking with his mind (and only his mind -)

- considering that her relation with Baltar was the starting point of this whole series to begin with

...yeah I'm still surprised she acted like Baltar never even existed
                I mean he's supposed to have been her 1st guy right ? it started off as a spy sent over the line to manipulate the enemy & ended up in the 1st human/cylon relationship (at least involving a cylon who knew who she was) with cap6 going against her nature as the 1st cylon to actually feel & experience something that her conditioning/brainwashing/programming or whatever did not a priori allow for
                not to mention that it is that human/cylon relation that set off this whole chain of events, destruction of the colonies, humans discovering the existence of skinjobs, the quest for 13th tribe, the occupation & all the rest of it - everything which led to this final moment on that dead chunk of rock, wth that relation was the premise of the show & the entire storyline hinges it yet now it's like the writers almost retconned that part

Comment

Why do people think Zak, Adama's dead son, is a cylon? That would make his parents both cylons as well as his brother Lee. Keep in mind he was born normally as a human. Not some cylon that just pops up lol. Not a very smart theory lawlz...
                  So Tigh's parents were also cylons?

I'm just looking for some consistency here.
                  sigpic
                  Don't forget to vote up if you like my ideas. (me <-- attention whore )

Comment

Originally posted by xSFx View Post
                    So Tigh's parents were also cylons?

I'm just looking for some consistency here.
                    Okay, I can tackle that:

If Zak is a Cylon, that means that at least one of his parents (one of whom being the old man) must be a Cylon.

Tigh on the other hand--we've never heard anything about his parents. For all we know, he has none.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

maybe the final 5 were just born as humans but made into cylons - that would tally with the "fundamental difference" RDM spoke of. given how regular humans & cylon humans are so similar it wouldn't have taken that much (genetic enhancements, possibly cybernetic upgrades if they can control computers like the 7...)

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                        I was sure Tigh was going to bite it. And after he had a hand in airlocking those people post-NC, yeesh. Run Starbuck, run!

Was that the Adama/Roslin s4 promotional pic framed in Adama's study when Roslin convinced him to go to Earth? Aw.

Still hoping Tyrol finds out the truth about Tory.
                        That photo dates from season 1

Comment

Originally posted by xSFx View Post
                          This is from BSG - Razor

Hybrid: Soon there will be four, glorious in awakening. Struggling with the knowledge of their true selves. The pain of revelation bringing new clarity. And in the midst of their confusion, he will find her, enemies brought together by impossible longing, enemies now joined as one. The way forward, at once unthinkable, yet inevitable. And the fifth, still in the shadow, will claw toward the light, hungering for redemption, that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering. I can see them all. The seven, now six, self-described machines who believe themselves without sin. But in time, it is sin that will consume them. They will know enmity, bitterness, the wrenching agony of the one splintering into the many. And then they will join the promised land, gathered on the wings of the angel - - not an end, but a beginning.
                          Let's analyse that in the light of the latest episode.
                          Originally posted by Xenocide View Post
                          I thought it was pretty obvious that "he" is Lee Adama and "her" is Deanna, and they have been brought together in a truce for an "impossible longing" of coexistence.
                          Don't think Lee/Deanna are the enemies brought together, Deanna in particular had no longing for peaceful coexistence. She would have had no problem wiping out the civilian fleet to settle things.

It must be Tigh/Caprica6(tigh longing for his wife and cap6 just seeking someone to love), they have joined together, creating a child no less. The child said to be impossible yet offering hope for the future. (Or maybe that refers to the hybrid children. More likely path forward.)

I have no idea what the deal with the fifth is. Baltar sounds like such a shoe in. If Deanna was truthful in saying the fifth isn't in the fleet it's difficult to guess.

Self described machines?? Maybe the hybrid didn't consider them machines due to their sophisticated biological nature. And thought that they were on the wrong track thinking of themselves(ala Cavil) that way instead of thinking of themselves as real people.
                          Enmity and bitterness refer to the inter model conflict(civil war), the agony of one into many refers to the intra model divide. Cylons are developing individual personalities now just like the hybrid said they should.

Comment

Damn i was expecting them showing up in modern earth just like in the original and arriving to deal with the chaos that would ensue when the fleet suddenly appeared in orbit of the planet. but Noooooooo they had to land on a post apocalyptic earth how lame is that not very interesting i found it very very disappointing it feels like they where trying to make a political statement an i find that political statements tend to ruin shows. Sci-fi is meant to stimulate the imagination and most viewers don’t want to see something that makes a statement like eventually we are going to destroy ourselves it is just way to depressing. even for BSG standards.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rail'k View Post
                              Damn i was expecting them showing up in modern earth just like in the original and arriving to deal with the chaos that would ensue when the fleet suddenly appeared in orbit of the planet. but Noooooooo they had to land on a post apocalyptic earth how lame is that not very interesting i found it very very disappointing it feels like they where trying to make a political statement an i find that political statements tend to ruin shows. Sci-fi is meant to stimulate the imagination and most viewers don’t want to see something that makes a statement like eventually we are going to destroy ourselves it is just way to depressing. even for BSG standards.
                              I think what has made most Science Fiction great is political statements and reflecting through fictional elements. What made Star Trek (each individual series in it's own time) so good was the futuristic approach to then present day problems here on Earth.

What makes Battlestar Galactica so much fun for me to watch and get involved in is the violent shaking of everyone's comfort zone (mentioned earlier in the thread how the mini series was conceived with the inspiration of 9/11). BSG took it up a couple notches by not just mimicking real world problems and political tension in the episodes but by mimicking the absolute worst in humanity and forcing the characters/us to deal with it. Everything they/we've ever done wrong, their/our sins, wrapped up in a cool little jaunt through space.

I absolutely loved the S4 teaser commercials because the homed in on a single person and showed them dealing with their most personal, most terrible problems. It's not the pain and the drama that's interesting to watch it's the way these people, the Colonials, the Cylons, each individual overcomes their most evil parts and continue to survive and make that survival mean something to them.

Yes, BSG is fraking dark, so are we as a species. The irony is when I see a SciFi movie or series that just tries to be colorful or future-fantastic without a personal human element to it, I don't enjoy watching it at all. It just looks like fireworks to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rail'k View Post
                                an i find that political statements tend to ruin shows. Sci-fi is meant to stimulate the imagination and most viewers don’t want to see something that makes a statement
                                I will never understand the whole 'art should be entertaining, not make statements' mindset. It's the entire function and purpose of art that it says something.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X