Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
    I hope he's joking.
    The miniseries script was written not long after 9/11, the bleak disaster of the attacks as well as the prevalent feel of "what the hell is going on?" and "is the world coming to an end?" were very much inspired by 9/11 and its immediate aftermath. We've known that ever since the mini first aired.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      The miniseries script was written not long after 9/11, the bleak disaster of the attacks as well as the prevalent feel of "what the hell is going on?" and "is the world coming to an end?" were very much inspired by 9/11 and its immediate aftermath. We've known that ever since the mini first aired.
      New York and America are always used to represent Earth in TV. Just look at the end of season 3. Ron even admitted it was because some American viewers may not have recognised it as Earth if they had shown another continent like Europe, Africa or Australia. I'm happy they went with something different for a change.

Comment

Me too. And the idea that it could be Sydney (Opera House! Opera House!) excites me to no end.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
          'Kara Thrace is the harbinger of death, she will lead the human race to its end'

Having been to Earth several months ago, which now we see is destroyed...

Hmm....
          that's a cool theory. what if kara's viper, in skimming earth, triggered the self-defense missiles of all sides, all the nuclear powers thought their enemies were attacking them and all let their missiles loose...she was the catalyst to apocalypse

of course, it could also have been some sort of natural disaster. a comet/meteor impact? Massive super volcano explosion that set off a giant tsunami that wrecked all/most of the major coastal cities?

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
          I have no New York hate. But NYC has been used so often in so many sci-fi shows/films, that's it become cliche to see it's ruins, and BSG usually tends to eschew cliches. So I'm glad they went for (apparently) Sydney instead.

Oh, and random info, Indianapolis and it's surrounding towns is home to nearly 2 million people, and there is a serious lack of cows there.
          NYC gets used because its silhouette is almost instantly recognizible. And it's easy for US film companies to get to and deal with. The Eiffel tower, Big Ben, the Sydney Opera house, the golden gate bridge, those are a handful of cities whose skylines/architecture are universally recognizable.

Someone has to be there alive. Even the worst nuclear disaster or natural disaster...nothing is 100% fatal. There are so many people spread out so far across the globe, someone is alive.

of course, there is another irony...if earth is truly a nuclear wasteland, the cylons are the only ones that can stay. they were immune to the radiation on caprica, so we can guess that they're immune here too.

and maybe that's what'll be revealed. that earth was 'sanitized' to leave it open for cylon colonization. maybe that's what they learned from new caprica, that they can't co-exist with the humans, so they needed to remove them to have earth all to themselves
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

This is from BSG - Razor

Hybrid: Soon there will be four, glorious in awakening. Struggling with the knowledge of their true selves. The pain of revelation bringing new clarity. And in the midst of their confusion, he will find her, enemies brought together by impossible longing, enemies now joined as one. The way forward, at once unthinkable, yet inevitable. And the fifth, still in the shadow, will claw toward the light, hungering for redemption, that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering. I can see them all. The seven, now six, self-described machines who believe themselves without sin. But in time, it is sin that will consume them. They will know emnity, bitterness, the wrenching agony of the one splintering into the many. And then they will join the promised land, gathered on the wings of the angel - - not an end, but a beginning.
            Let's analyse that in the light of the latest episode.
            sigpic
            Don't forget to vote up if you like my ideas. (me <-- attention whore )

Comment

Hybrid: Soon there will be four, glorious in awakening. Struggling with the knowledge of their true selves.

pretty self explanatory. tigh, tori, galen, sam, all struggled.

The pain of revelation bringing new clarity.

I think we saw that too. they found earth, and didn't even know it

And in the midst of their confusion, he will find her, enemies brought together by impossible longing, enemies now joined as one.

I'm wondering....six and tigh? he sees six as his wife which he murdered, and seems a wee bit fond of her

The way forward, at once unthinkable, yet inevitable.

which is cylons and humans working together

And the fifth, still in the shadow, will claw toward the light, hungering for redemption, that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering.

so...#5 'knows' that s/he is a cylon, but isn't quite ready to admit it.

I can see them all. The seven, now six, self-described machines who believe themselves without sin. But in time, it is sin that will consume them. They will know emnity, bitterness, the wrenching agony of the one splintering into the many.

this civil war will end with all the cylons un-allied. they will no longer be blindly committed to a single cause, but will all do as they all think best

And then they will join the promised land, gathered on the wings of the angel - - not an end, but a beginning.

so the 5th cylon will be revealed/found on earth. presuming that earth is the promised land, and not just a pit stop
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xSFx View Post
                Let's analyse that in the light of the latest episode.
                That's a good idea..

Hybrid: Soon there will be four, glorious in awakening. Struggling with the knowledge of their true selves. The pain of revelation bringing new clarity.
                Easy enough, that seems to describe the events of 'Crossroads'.

And in the midst of their confusion, he will find her, enemies brought together by impossible longing, enemies now joined as one. The way forward, at once unthinkable, yet inevitable.
                The second half, pretty plainly, seems to discuss the continued alliance between the Colonials and the rebel Cylons.

The first half still puzzles me a little, "he will find her, enemies brought together by impossible longing." Could this refer to Saul and Caprica? Supposed enemies, him drawn to love of Ellen, her inexplicably drawn to the Five?

And the fifth, still in the shadow, will claw toward the light, hungering for redemption, that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering.
                Tough call here. Immediately, I think of Baltar. He's sought redemption for his sins, even if he won't admit it to himself, through his newfound prophet role. He confessed these sins to Roslin when bleeding to death in last week's episode.

And yet, I'm really convinced that Baltar is not a Cylon. But who among the RTF still seeks redemption?

I can see them all. The seven, now six, self-described machines who believe themselves without sin. But in time, it is sin that will consume them. They will know emnity, bitterness, the wrenching agony of the one splintering into the many.
                Cylon civil war, no doubt.

And then they will join the promised land, gathered on the wings of the angel - - not an end, but a beginning
                For a long time now I've thought that the end will be a permanent union between mankind and Cylon, so that's immediately what I think of when I read this; but the "wings of an angel" throws me off a bit. Could that refer to the final Cylon? Or perhaps it refers to the "dying leader"?

Comment

Originally posted by gravityStar View Post
                  I've been asking myself; what is that building they are standing in at the end. Seriously, I've been skimming streetview pictures in google maps trying to find a building that matches architecturally. Big, stone base, almost gothic look to the windows, with steel supports creating a low dome at one end of the building.

I say that this is supposed to be a church or temple, but...

Does anybody know if there is a building in Real Life that matches this?
                  It doesn't match a real life building.

At the beginning of the epiode, they were looking at a book with an illustratio of the Temple of Aurora. It had a central domed structure with ribs that looked like the dome ribs lying on the ground.

They were standing at that temple.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                    from scifi forum:

Spoiler:
                    The city in the closing scenes last night was not New York, in fact if you poke around Google Earth and Live Search you will find that it is actually Sydney Australia. They are standing near what is not St Aloysius' College, which has a large cross on one of the buildings, could be the same one shown laying on the ground. The bridge structure is very similar to the Sydney Harbor Bridge. They would be walking on the opposite shore from the Sydney Opera House, do I have to say Opera House twice.
                    I *completely* disagree. The orientation of the bridge buttress is completely wrong and there are no other structures that would suggest the aurora-like temple anywhere near it.

Here is a link to zoom in and out and look at the surrounds of the opera house:

http://www.satellite-sightseer.com/i...ey_Opera_House

Comment

Originally posted by m57lyra View Post
                      I *completely* disagree. The orientation of the bridge buttress is completely wrong and there are no other structures that would suggest the aurora-like temple anywhere near it.

Here is a link to zoom in and out and look at the surrounds of the opera house:

http://www.satellite-sightseer.com/i...ey_Opera_House
                      Of course not, the Temple of Aurora is fictional. It's called artistic license.

Comment

Hybrid: Soon there will be four, glorious in awakening. Struggling with the knowledge of their true selves. The pain of revelation bringing new clarity. And in the midst of their confusion, he will find her, enemies brought together by impossible longing, enemies now joined as one. The way forward, at once unthinkable, yet inevitable. And the fifth, still in the shadow, will claw toward the light, hungering for redemption, that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering. I can see them all. The seven, now six, self-described machines who believe themselves without sin. But in time, it is sin that will consume them. They will know emnity, bitterness, the wrenching agony of the one splintering into the many. And then they will join the promised land, gathered on the wings of the angel - - not an end, but a beginning.
                        It's this line that is bugging me. It would be six if they had not unboxed D'Anna, so I think that one of the Cylon models is going to bite the dust fairly soon. The most obvious candidate is D'Anna as there is only one of her, but many of the others.

Or.....

D'Anna is the final five! One of the original Five 'stowed away' within the following 6 models to ensure that one day they could find the five again. It's a mad theory but I had to share that one.

Comment

Personally, I would guess that that's a goof on the writers' part. At the time that Razor aired D'anna had been boxed and the Cylons were down to six, even though when it took place all seven were active.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            And in the midst of their confusion, he will find her, enemies brought together by impossible longing, enemies now joined as one.

I'm wondering....six and tigh? he sees six as his wife which he murdered, and seems a wee bit fond of her
                            The first half still puzzles me a little, "he will find her, enemies brought together by impossible longing." Could this refer to Saul and Caprica? Supposed enemies, him drawn to love of Ellen, her inexplicably drawn to the Five?
                            I thought it was pretty obvious that "he" is Lee Adama and "her" is Deanna, and they have been brought together in a truce for an "impossible longing" of coexistence.

Comment

Well that certainly makes a lot of sense too.

Comment

what happened to the other 3 cylon models ?

Comment

Working...
                                X