Revelations (410)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
    what happened to the other 3 cylon models ?
    either very dead or licking their wounds but since we still have 1/2 a season left they will most likely make a return

Comment

i knew they were all to happy for it to end well.
      sigpic

Comment

with 10 eps left, there HAD to be a twist
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I suppose they could have ended it here if they really had to.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by wiseowl777 View Post
            nope, youll come down in the most populated area you could find! and guess what, nyc alone has 8 million ppl. thats why you landing in nyc and not indianapolis....
            Nope. You'd come down in Shanghai, Delhi or Bombay if you want pure population. They kick nyc's butt.

AND... it's such American arrogance to assume that people would land in the US. We are not the bright center of the universe.

Comment

It doesn't take hundreds of years to re-establish plant life, or even decades. There is (and was, not so long after) plant life after the nuclear testing in the pacific and in the nevada test site as well as at trinity.

You can walk around on the atolls and at trinity and in the test site without wearing gear. They were still lighting them of at the test site for plowshares less than 50 years ago.

So, if the ground was still *that* hot, it would be pretty recent.

Comment

Originally posted by m57lyra View Post
                I *completely* disagree. The orientation of the bridge buttress is completely wrong and there are no other structures that would suggest the aurora-like temple anywhere near it.

Here is a link to zoom in and out and look at the surrounds of the opera house:

http://www.satellite-sightseer.com/i...ey_Opera_House

If you look at the user uploaded images of Sydney on Google earth, you can see that the House of the Admiralty has the same stone façade as the ruins that Kara/Helo et. all walk through. Likewise, the Sydney harbor bridge towers look quite similar to the ruins that we see at the end of the scene.

And then there's the opera house. Need more be said?

As an aside, I don't think that the 13th tribe wiped itself out in a sudden nuclear holocaust. Even after the Cylons nuked the crap out of the 12 colonies, there were survivors.

If humanity is indeed extinct on earth, it was probably a slow, 'Children of Men' style extinction: Some nukes are lobbed around, governments collapse, general anarchy etc. 50 years later, no one is left.

Comment

Originally posted by m57lyra View Post
                  Nope. You'd come down in Shanghai, Delhi or Bombay if you want pure population. They kick nyc's butt.

AND... it's such American arrogance to assume that people would land in the US. We are not the bright center of the universe.
                  Well, I'm not trying to start any "my country is better than your country" bull crap; but North America is literally the "bright" center of the Earth.

If you were to come to this planet and begin comparing nighttime light signatures versus communications signals, you would most likely set down in either the Boston/Toronto/New York/New Jersey area or the L.A./San Fransisco area. Vancouver/Seattle/Portland throws off a pretty big signature too. The whole of Britain throws off an almost solid light signature, and Japan throws off a solid signature, but neither of them seems to reach as far as the one that covers the entire northwest section of North America from Toronto to New Jersey.

Comment

i hope you're not basing yourself on that light night time picture on APOD that some people tend to think it's what would be seen from space

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap001127.html

plus i don't think anything can beat the connectivity of south korea..

Comment

We've also got to remember that they're not just landing on Earth for a population center, but where the specific signal that they picked up is coming from. At the very end of the episode behind the sound of the waves, if you listen carefully you can hear the same signal that was playing in Starbuck's viper as the camera pans over to the bridge.

Comment

There are so many loose plot threads I personally would be stunned if they tied up even half of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbuck View Post
                          One more thing, I still think Zak Adama is the fifth. Have from the start. Considering starbucks whole big destiny thing and the "adama is a cylon" from s1, that, lets face it was NEVER explained, I think I have some substance for my theory.
                          I really don't think Zak Adama is the fifth cylon. First of all, it would be incredibly disappointing that Adama's son who we've only seen through pictures is the final cylon. I mean talk about total and complete letdown. Second and more importantly, Leobon was the one who said "Adama is a cylon". He couldn't have known this! None of the seven cylons know who the final five are. So obviously he said that just to get a ride out of a Roslyn and nothing else.

Comment

Well, I was really hoping that once they arrived in orbit, you would hear a signal be picked by the Galactica from Earth... then they landed.

Hopefully there will be some survivors that meet up with the Colonials.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xSFx View Post
                              The final five will lead humanity to Earth. There were only four here.
                              The only thing the hybrid said was "The missing three shall find the five from the home of the thirteenth". She did not say that the final five will lead them to Earth, only that D'Anna knows who the final five are and that the final five are from Earth. Six and Starbuck thus concluded that since the final five are from Earth they would know how to get there.

Originally posted by xSFx View Post
                              Roslin is supposed to die before they reach Earth. She is still alive.
                              Maybe Roslin isn't the "Dying Leader".

Comment

Originally posted by Sachlichkeit View Post
                                If you look at the user uploaded images of Sydney on Google earth, you can see that the House of the Admiralty has the same stone façade as the ruins that Kara/Helo et. all walk through. Likewise, the Sydney harbor bridge towers look quite similar to the ruins that we see at the end of the scene.
                                I agree that the ruins could resemble the portico, however, there is no dome structure anywhere near it that would account for either the drawig of the temple of aurora, or the [presumably] steel dome skeleton lying in the ruins.

ALSO:

Did anyone catch the water shot out from the ruins? There was a small-ish sized statue that I swear looked like godzilla walking up to shore.

Comment

Working...
                                X