The Hub (409)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
    I still believe D'Anna is apologizing to Anders for the events during Downloaded.
    Me too. She tried to shoot him with that humongo-sized gun. I want to see them meet again.....

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
      I still believe D'Anna is apologizing to Anders for the events during Downloaded.
      I think not. She apologized for Tigh, because what she has done on New Caprica with him.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        I think not. She apologized for Tigh, because what she has done on New Caprica with him.
        Nah, I don't think that she personally would have pulled out his eye (my bet is Cavil- or he watched while a Simon did it), on the other hand, she tried to kill Anders herself. That entire episode is fantastic to go and rewatch, seeing those scenes now knowing that he is a cylon.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          I believe that was Cavil, Simon, or Doral that did that. I don't think D'Anna, Six, Sharon, or Leoben have a sense of sadism. And Three seemed to dislike the sight of blood.
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
            That Laura/Baltar scene needs to be sent to every Emmy voter with a big SEE WHAT YOU MISSED title.Actually, I think there was a kiss that was edited out, re-watching the scene carefully you can see that they were both slightly puckered up and leaning in before he says "About time". Not that I re-watched that scene like.....a dozen times. But also reading around elsewhere I'm not the only one who saw this so I don't think it's fangirl delusion.....or if it is it's gone viral!
            After my billionth viewing I have to agree. It is not a delusion - they HAVE cut out the real kiss and IMO they shouldn't. I don't need another ship that sticks to forehead kisses. That already drove me nuts for years with Mulder and Scully.
            He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
              After my billionth viewing I have to agree. It is not a delusion - they HAVE cut out the real kiss and IMO they shouldn't. I don't need another ship that sticks to forehead kisses. That already drove me nuts for years with Mulder and Scully.
              Or perhaps there will be one in the next episode and they didn't want to overdo it.

Comment

And here I thought the forehead kiss was much more poignant.

Silly me.
                Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Snow View Post

Silly me.
                  I agree with you! I thought it was beautiful and very cute, and the second hug.

The thing (well, one of the things ) I like about Battlestar is that you don't get many moments like that, so when they come they seem that much more meaningful, have that much more impact, and are completely earned. It's lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                    I agree with you! I thought it was beautiful and very cute, and the second hug.

The thing (well, one of the things ) I like about Battlestar is that you don't get many moments like that, so when they come they seem that much more meaningful, have that much more impact, and are completely earned. It's lovely.

but when something good does seem to happen things go to hell in a hand basket not long afterwards

Comment

Silly me.
                      I agree. This relationship is so perfectly paced so that when we do get a kiss (if we do) it will be the most epic moment of their relationship (that we see on the show).

I wrote this long shpeal about their relationship elsewhere, but to sum it up it is one of the most beautiful romantic relationships around because of the natural chemistry between Mary McDonnell and Edward James Olmos and the pacing of the relationship is perfect.

Comment

so when rosslin was having those visions of adama btwn the jumps. was wha adama saying actually true? about him oweing the cylon scar his life?

Comment

Giving out top-secret military codes is treason, no matter which way you slice it - whether or not the person in question is a human looking for the edge in contract bidding or a Cylon. Baltar was most certainly not a victim; his crime was (merely) compounded by the destruction of humanity. He's an opportunistic self-serving SOB, who's had, in Lee's words, "the temerity to survive."
                          for treason to be proven, Baltar would need to be found of willingly and intentionally giving the Cylons (ie a foreign government, or an entity opposed to the Colonial government) a means to bring harm to the Colonies. Baltar was unaware that he was assisting the Cylons, which makes treason hard to prove, and I doubt you could also prove that he knew he was intentionally and willingly going to cause harm to the Colonial government. He certainly broke laws by disclosing classified material, but treason isn't one of them. You might be able to get him on espionage, but that too is difficult as he wasn't aware Caprica Six (she was the actual spy, not him) was using him as an agent.

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
                            but when something good does seem to happen things go to hell in a hand basket not long afterwards
                            Exactly, so dreading next week.

And hey, it wouldn't be BSG if it didn't.
                            Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
                            so when rosslin was having those visions of adama btwn the jumps. was wha adama saying actually true? about him oweing the cylon scar his life?
                            He said "island" not "cylon". And I know, I thought he said "cylon" on the first viewing as well, and I was thinking what the frak? That's makes no sense.

The complete passage is transcribed on Battlestar Wiki.

Comment

As long as people are arguing the scene between Adama and the President is insufficient; how about a little softcore? Olmos and McDonnell are very beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Garbo View Post
                                I agree. This relationship is so perfectly paced so that when we do get a kiss (if we do) it will be the most epic moment of their relationship (that we see on the show).
                                The pacing of it is exactly why I like this relationship so much. I can't stand probably 80-90% of ships on tv/movies because they're so obsessed with creating tension and drama, teasing the fans out, creating false-feeling tension between actors that have no chemistry, etc. And that doesn't feel natural. Because this one has been almost incidental (Resurrection Ship Pt. II being the true catalyst), it flows naturally through the series. These were two characters created to counter-point each other in a non-romantic way. There wasn't that intent on the part of the writers at the beginning to bring them together, and I think that's a huge reason for why it works because it progressed out of the story rather than as the story to the point where there is such a solid foundation for it built upon many small scenes and moments not necessarily designed with the purpose, that it works and it feels very real. That's all the result of brilliant collaboration on the part of the writers and actors.

Comment

Working...
                                X