No announcement yet.

The Hub (409)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone have the space promo on youtube or downloadable yet?

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
      anyone have the space promo on youtube or downloadable yet?
      Not yet but keep an eye here. When it's available, it'll be posted (probably as both). Though I'm not 100% sure if entires with downloads are members-only or not. But a youtube vid should be viewable by everyone when it's available.

Comment

SPACE channel preview for Revelations!

Comment

Great episode. It skipped right along.

I really felt for the 8 when she realized Roslin's betrayal. She looked so devastated. Grace Park was awesome this eppy.

Loved D'Anna getting Roslin. The look on her face, indeed!!

I cried when Roslin said "I love you" to Bill.

Roslin having that "vision" or experience everytime the ship jumped was interesting. Elosha pointed out some truths to Roslin.

I also cried a bit when Roslin was desparately pleading for Baltar not to be dead(though, she didn't do it because she cared).
          I guess that Baltar really does feel free enough and loved by God enough to admit anything. Roslin's reaction to his confession re his part in the initial Cylon assault was understandable...Let him die!!!!

The scenes of the vipers approaching the hub and the space fight scenes were cool.

Liked seeing D'Anna kill that creepy Cavil too.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
            Great episode. It skipped right along.

I really felt for the 8 when she realized Roslin's betrayal. She looked so devastated. Grace Park was awesome this eppy.

Loved D'Anna getting Roslin. The look on her face, indeed!!

I cried when Roslin said "I love you" to Bill.

Roslin having that "vision" or experience everytime the ship jumped was interesting. Elosha pointed out some truths to Roslin.

I also cried a bit when Roslin was desparately pleading for Baltar not to be dead(though, she didn't do it because she cared).

The scenes of the vipers approaching the hub and the space fight scenes were cool.

Liked seeing D'Anna kill that creepy Cavil too.
            This ep was so full of awesome I forgot about that bit with Cavil. I presume that's the Cavil Boomer was sleeping with..... And I'm so glad to see D'Anna back (didn't really realize that I'd missed her until seeing this ep). Wonder what will happen if she and Caprica come face-to-face. Wasn't their last meeting D'Anna telling her that she couldn't come to the algae planet effectively pushing her out of the "threesome"?

This episode had so many amazing moments I have trouble picking a favourite. I mean, I loved the end and I think it wins, but that scene was Baltar was some pretty powerful stuff, add in the Elosha scenes and the fake-out and I can't choose! That's what happens when there's a Laura ep!

And I'm really annoyed that this ep missed the Emmy deadline by.....a week. It probably would have been their best chance.

Comment

I hope that BSG gets some Emmy acknowledgement this year. By God, they deserve it in so many categories. Mary McDonnell is fantastic. I can't believe she hasn't been nominated yet. Too bad about The Hub missing the Emmy deadline.
              Maybe this year, they'll get some Emmy love(or Golden Globe).

Comment

There are no words on how much I loved this episode. It was filled with action and was a complete Laura episode. It was clearly the counterpart to "Sine Qua Non".

In "Sine Qua Non" Bill figured out what his heart really wants and with a little help of people surrounding him, especially Romo Lampkin, he figured out that the thing in his life, that is more important to him then even the fleet is his love for Laura because without her, life makes no sense. In "The Hub" Laura has visions of being on a deserted Galactica and the only person who is with her is the dead priestess Elosha. Neither Laura nor the audience understands why she is there. She enters sickbay and sees herself, lying in bed and clearly dying. The only people with her are Bill, who is sitting by her side, Lee and Kara. In other words: the family. She is impatient with Elosha and doesn't understand why she has to see what lies clearly ahead in her future. Elosha explains to her, that while Laura feels committed to the fleet and her job as president, she will ultimately fail because she doesn't know how to love. Laura is bemused by that notion. Elosha is right though. We have never seen her love. She cared for Billy, she relied on Torry and while she had a sexual relationship with Adar, it was clear that she didn't love him, nor did Adar love her. He was married and the arrangement was convenient for both of them. It seems as if Laura has achieved quite a bit in her career but her personal life was a different matter. She has no one to love.

The most intense scene was the one in which the critically injured Gaius Balthar confessed to Laura that he had almost single-handedly destroyed the twelve colonies because he was the one who had given the Cylons the defence codes. It amazed me, that he actually admitted his best kept and most terrible secret. It just shows how far the man has come. He truly believes in the Cylon God now and has made peace with himself. Laura is naturally blown away by that admission and takes away the bandages that keep Gaius from bleeding out. She is ready to kill him and then she has the epiphany. Bill had his when he talked to Romo about Sine Qua Non and Laura has hers when she sees herself dying and a crying Bill puts his wedding band on her finger. That scene broke my heart. It was so sad and yet beautiful because with this gesture, Bill acknowledges that for him, Laura is his wife. The wedding band also stood for the woman that he loves and we know from past episodes,that his relationship with his first wife had been extremely unhealthy yet he loved her and to remind him of that love, he held on to his ring. Giving that ring away to Laura basically said "You are the love of my life Laura and my wife". Just beautiful. Laura looks on and Elosha tells her that she should find someone to love. We are back in real time and Laura starts crying when she sees a very still Gaius and she panics. Laura is in luck because Gaius is still alive and she saves him. It is telling that a Laura without love was ready to kill and that a Laura who has found love is more compassionate.

D'Anna (who totally rocked BTW - I just looove Lucy Lawless and next to Callum Keith Rennie she plays one of the coolest Cylons) is led to her and D'Anna tells her that he has no intention in giving up that little bit of information that is precious to both sides because it keeps her alive and also tells Laura that the deception was unnecessary because she wouldn't have said anything different with the Cylons around. Laura seems almost relieved. The way D'Anna acted around Laura made at least to me clear that Laura is not one of the final five. Good. I do wonder though who the fifth one is. As long as it isn't Bill I am fine ^_^

I loved Lauras facial expression while she sat next to the Hybrid who jumped them home. She was almost glowing with happiness and I loved how she declared the Galactica as her home and says to Elosha, almost shyly "Maybe there is something there for me" and Elosha just smiles at her and replies "Maybe even closer" and we know of course that she is right. The Galactica has jumped away but Bill is still there in his Raptor waiting for her.

The last scene : OMG how much I loved it. I watched it at least five times on repeat. The love theme from Laura and Bill starts playing and Bill who is still reading the book sees a flash and with it the base ship appearing. He flies to the base ship and who is there to greet him? Laura. The next bid makes me cry happy tears every time I watch it. Laura fighting with tears and Bills rugged features becoming all soft and loving while looking at her. He is so glad to see that she is alive he looks at her as if he needs to memorize her face.

"Missed you"
                "Me too"

He takes Laura and his arms and from both of their expressions to tell it feels like coming home.

"I love you" (when I saw that for the first time I just shouted at my screen. I was so ecstatic)
                "About time"

Hey Bill that is not fair. So yeah you loved her longer or maybe realized it a tad sooner but as far as I am concerned you both needed a whack to realize how much you truly loved each other. He then kisses her softly on her temple (:whine: want a REAL kiss) and that was the end.

I am totally happy. A two parter that deals mainly with Laura and Bill. It is more then I got from most of my fandoms and certainly more then what I got from Star Trek, SGA and SG-1. THANK YOU JANE ESPENSON
                He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                  I hope that BSG gets some Emmy acknowledgement this year. By God, they deserve it in so many categories. Mary McDonnell is fantastic. I can't believe she hasn't been nominated yet. Too bad about The Hub missing the Emmy deadline.
                  Maybe this year, they'll get some Emmy love(or Golden Globe).
                  That Laura/Baltar scene needs to be sent to every Emmy voter with a big SEE WHAT YOU MISSED title.
                  Originally posted by huntress View Post
                  There are no words on how much I loved this episode. It was filled with action and was a complete Laura episode. It was clearly the counterpart to "Sine Qua Non".

In "Sine Qua Non" Bill figured out what his heart really wants and with a little help of people surrounding him, especially Romo Lampkin, he figured out that the thing in his life, that is more important to him then even the fleet is his love for Laura because without her, life makes no sense. In "The Hub" Laura has visions of being on a deserted Galactica and the only person who is with her is the dead priestess Elosha. Neither Laura nor the audience understands why she is there. She enters sickbay and sees herself, lying in bed and clearly dying. The only people with her are Bill, who is sitting by her side, Lee and Kara. In other words: the family. She is impatient with Elosha and doesn't understand why she has to see what lies clearly ahead in her future. Elosha explains to her, that while Laura feels committed to the fleet and her job as president, she will ultimately fail because she doesn't know how to love. Laura is bemused by that notion. Elosha is right though. We have never seen her love. She cared for Billy, she relied on Torry and while she had a sexual relationship with Adar, it was clear that she didn't love him, nor did Adar love her. He was married and the arrangement was convenient for both of them. It seems as if Laura has achieved quite a bit in her career but her personal life was a different matter. She has no one to love.

The most intense scene was the one in which the critically injured Gaius Balthar confessed to Laura that he had almost single-handedly destroyed the twelve colonies because he was the one who had given the Cylons the defence codes. It amazed me, that he actually admitted his best kept and most terrible secret. It just shows how far the man has come. He truly believes in the Cylon God now and has made peace with himself. Laura is naturally blown away by that admission and takes away the bandages that keep Gaius from bleeding out. She is ready to kill him and then she has the epiphany. Bill had his when he talked to Romo about Sine Qua Non and Laura has hers when she sees herself dying and a crying Bill puts his wedding band on her finger. That scene broke my heart. It was so sad and yet beautiful because with this gesture, Bill acknowledges that for him, Laura is his wife. The wedding band also stood for the woman that he loves and we know from past episodes,that his relationship with his first wife had been extremely unhealthy yet he loved her and to remind him of that love, he held on to his ring. Giving that ring away to Laura basically said "You are the love of my life Laura and my wife". Just beautiful. Laura looks on and Elosha tells her that she should find someone to love. We are back in real time and Laura starts crying when she sees a very still Gaius and she panics. Laura is in luck because Gaius is still alive and she saves him. It is telling that a Laura without love was ready to kill and that a Laura who has found love is more compassionate.

D'Anna (who totally rocked BTW - I just looove Lucy Lawless and next to Callum Keith Rennie she plays one of the coolest Cylons) is led to her and D'Anna tells her that he has no intention in giving up that little bit of information that is precious to both sides because it keeps her alive and also tells Laura that the deception was unnecessary because she wouldn't have said anything different with the Cylons around. Laura seems almost relieved. The way D'Anna acted around Laura made at least to me clear that Laura is not one of the final five. Good. I do wonder though who the fifth one is. As long as it isn't Bill I am fine ^_^

I loved Lauras facial expression while she sat next to the Hybrid who jumped them home. She was almost glowing with happiness and I loved how she declared the Galactica as her home and says to Elosha, almost shyly "Maybe there is something there for me" and Elosha just smiles at her and replies "Maybe even closer" and we know of course that she is right. The Galactica has jumped away but Bill is still there in his Raptor waiting for her.

The last scene : OMG how much I loved it. I watched it at least five times on repeat. The love theme from Laura and Bill starts playing and Bill who is still reading the book sees a flash and with it the base ship appearing. He flies to the base ship and who is there to greet him? Laura. The next bid makes me cry happy tears every time I watch it. Laura fighting with tears and Bills rugged features becoming all soft and loving while looking at her. He is so glad to see that she is alive he looks at her as if he needs to memorize her face.

"Missed you"
                  "Me too"

He takes Laura and his arms and from both of their expressions to tell it feels like coming home.

"I love you" (when I saw that for the first time I just shouted at my screen. I was so ecstatic)
                  "About time"

Hey Bill that is not fair. So yeah you loved her longer or maybe realized it a tad sooner but as far as I am concerned you both needed a whack to realize how much you truly loved each other. He then kisses her softly on her temple (:whine: want a REAL kiss) and that was the end.

I am totally happy. A two parter that deals mainly with Laura and Bill. It is more then I got from most of my fandoms and certainly more then what I got from Star Trek, SGA and SG-1. THANK YOU JANE ESPENSON
                  Actually, I think there was a kiss that was edited out, re-watching the scene carefully you can see that they were both slightly puckered up and leaning in before he says "About time". Not that I re-watched that scene like.....a dozen times. But also reading around elsewhere I'm not the only one who saw this so I don't think it's fangirl delusion.....or if it is it's gone viral!

I think that was a good editing choice though, they didn't need a kiss to show how intimate and loving this scene was, the one on the forehead was lovely, as was the hug. And maybe they'll put it in the deleted scenes on the DVD. I want RDM's commentary.....There was something also about having this scene finally come on a cylon baseship of all places that I absolutely love, the literal beating heart of the ship in the background noise, the stark open space. Very suiting.

Also, I loved the bit where Baltar was deliriously telling Laura that she was pretty. "That worked fast". Again, thank you Jane Espenson! That was frakking hilarious.

Comment

Baltar gets a colostomy bag? The stinky prophet?
                    When in trouble, "send lawyers, guns and money!"

Comment

The show keeps focusing on the books that Adama and Roslin have.
                      Spoiler:
                      Does anybody else think that those books will be left on Earth with the new seeds of humanity as a sort of guide? In one of Roslin's visions we actually get to hear more of what's in the book and it sounds awfully like biblical scripture.

Comment

Actually, I now think that Roslyn is the last of the 5. It fits in with RDM's style, and is one of the few choices that has the biggest ramifications if true (it's the only choice that can top Tigh, with the exception of William Adama). But the thing that pushed me over the line is the 3. She not only didn't say she *wasn't* the last, but she achieved something we haven't seen since the first season.

In season 1, Baltar was accused of conspiring with the cylons leading to the genocide. We, of course, knew the accusations were true (in a sense). But the fleet then sees him exonerated (the picture was a fake), and thus believed that he was innocent. Nothing in that sequence said that he wasn't a traitor, all that happened was that the fake evidence was exposed.

Think about it. What's the best way to avert attention from Roslyn than to say she is a cylon mid-season, then retract it? Now the viewers rule her out as a possibility, which sets us up for an even bigger surprise later on if she turns out to actually be the 5th.

In my book, Roslyn is still on the list of candidates, and even more likely now after that little stunt. Heck, maybe she subconciously had an affair with President Adar to help destroy humanity. Now *that* would be a mind-frack for her if she suddenly remembered a detail like that.

Incidentally, even though it isn't clear, but did the original Boomer bite it for real in this episode? (was she in the area when the nukes went off?)

Comment

This episode was amazing!
                          By far the best of the season.

I don't really have anything more to add to everything's that already been said, except that I haven't felt this way since last season (you know, the emotional high you get after watching a totally awesome ep from start to finish)

Also, I agree that Laura and Bill DID seem like they were gonna kiss back there

Comment

Wow, Roslin was about to let Baltar die.

Batlar... die... she's completely losing it, and it shows.

And man, D'Anna is so... so charismatic. It's like she suddenly brought back a good 3rd season feeling to everything.
                            My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

I missed Anders. I hoped he will meet with D'Anna.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                                I missed Anders. I hoped he will meet with D'Anna.
                                I still believe D'Anna is apologizing to Anders for the events during Downloaded.
                                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X