Sine Qua Non (408)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nckzvnbr View Post
    Maybe Romo just febreezed the hell out of his bag?
    LOL...that's hilarious!

Comment

yes Anders is on the Basestar, In fact I am fairly confident that the 3 is talking about him in the preview for next week.

Tigh is once again in charge of the fleet, but since the final five know the way to earth does that mean Tigh will lead the fleet there?

Husker is back, I am glad he saw reason to stay behind. The Galactica randomly jumping away was also cool. I like how the hub appears to be destroyed But you don't hear anything about what happened.

My only real question is how can the hybrids "know" where the Hub is only after it jumps? I wonder if there is a unique FTL jump signature that the hybrid mind can follow. Possibly something to do with the resurrection process?

Also note while Tigh is in charge of the military Lee is at least in charge of Tigh. Something that wasn't there before.

As For Romo performance with the Gun i think he was honestly trying to make sure Lee wasn't purposely setting himself up to become the leader. The lead up was Romo annoyed that it appeared that Lee was trying to set himself up as president without appearing to do so. The gun was to gauge lee's reaction to that idea. A Perfect Romo Performance.

Comment

boy dee must me kicking herself ....she could have been married to the president of the 12 colonies

Comment

Originally posted by AeronPrometheus View Post
          Gaeta, get him back on his fee-- I mean foot.
          yeah, poor guy

sure wouldn't wanna be in his shoe

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            i too am happy with lee becoming president .....he really is a bright light in a dark and possibility never ending tunnel

new thinking,youth and lee has always had a good sense of right and wrong. plus the fleet loves him military and civilians
            A hesitant light maybe, Lee's virtue's compel him to act even if he does not know what to do; progress for the sake of progress. Will he overcome his "living in dad's shadow" complex at the cost of the fleet? One thing is for sure, there are more stumbling blocks to come.
            sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed this ep. it was nice to see Romo again, not sure about his cat though I thought Lee was becoming Vice-President, guess those spoilers were wrong. their search for Roslin and pregnant 6 leads to the highlight of this ep imo: the fight between Adama and Tigh. then the Admiral puts him in charge and stays behind while the fleet jumps aways. wow! I never would've suspected this. the shippers must be very happy what else? oh yeah Nathalie dies and Athena ends up being thrown in the brig. I hope the next two eps will be as exciting as this one
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
                As For Romo performance with the Gun i think he was honestly trying to make sure Lee wasn't purposely setting himself up to become the leader. The lead up was Romo annoyed that it appeared that Lee was trying to set himself up as president without appearing to do so. The gun was to gauge lee's reaction to that idea. A Perfect Romo Performance.
                That's exactly what I thought (though there was definitely a mix of crazy in there- I can't get that poor cat out of my head!), I have to wonder if there was a following scene that had to be cut that made this a little clearer, or whether the intent was to make it ambiguous.

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin
                  that's what I thought at first ( Romo tells Lee he wants to kill him for being a "beacon of hope" -> then Lee proves that he is indeed a beacon of hope -> then Romo "spares" him for the very reason for which he wanted to kill him in the 1st place. so a test appeared to be the only logical explanation) : he pretended to be pissed

but the thing is Romo really did appear sincere when he said he sought mankind's downfall. plus the fact that his cat was killed. plus the fact that he valued that cat to such extent that he continued imagining/projecting it long after it was dead => genuine reasons to be pissed

so all in all...I dunno, all of this was ambiguous at best
                  now if for example there had been an extra scene where it was shown that the gun wasn't loaded, things would've been a lot clearer..

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                    that's what I thought at first ( Romo tells Lee he wants to kill him for being a "beacon of hope" -> then Lee proves that he is indeed a beacon of hope -> then Romo "spares" him for the very reason for which he wanted to kill him in the 1st place. so a test appeared to be the only logical explanation) : he pretended to be pissed

but the thing is Romo really did appear sincere when he said he sought mankind's downfall. plus the fact that his cat was killed. plus the fact that he valued that cat to such extent that he continued imagining/projecting it long after it was dead => genuine reasons to be pissed

now if for example there had been an extra scene where it was shown that the gun wasn't loaded, things would've been a lot clearer..
                    Actually I think Romo was really pissed, he doesn't like being used and thought at first Lee was using Romo to become president. When it didn't appear to be true he changed his mind.

PRP, I just hope we get some more as he is always confusing yet fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin
                      Actually I think Romo was really pissed, he doesn't like being used and thought at first Lee was using Romo to become president. When it didn't appear to be true he changed his mind.
                      so basically the real reason was that he suspected Lee of planning this all along, and so he stated a false reason instead (about his cat, beacons, hope & all the rest) so as to test Lee and (dis)confirm those suspicions ?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                        He should've left the gun behind on Lee's desk much like he left the cane in the hallway. Then lee pops it open and sees that the firing mechanism is frakked and the gun never would have worked.

BTW, for those interested, the gun Romo used is pretty old. It was seen in the movie Bad Boys at the very end. It's called a COP 357 Derringer, designed by a group in California for off-duty police officers (Compact Off-Duty Police). The company that made these is now defunct but the gun turns up at auctions from time to time. Usually going for $500 to $600 US dollars.

"The COP has an interesting and unusual firing mechanism. The weapon has an internal hammer and the pistol has one firing pin for each barrel. As the trigger is pulled, an internal ratchet is actuated that lines up to a cocking hammer and one of the four firing pins. After the trigger has traveled to the end of its stroke, the internal hammer is released, exerting force on the ratchet which in turn pushes one of the firing pins forward, igniting the primer, and firing the bullet. Each subsequent pull of the trigger causes the ratchet to line up with the next firing pin in the sequence and firing the bullet in that chamber, until the gun is out of ammunition or the shooter stops pulling the trigger.

The weapon is made entirely of Semi-matte stainless steel, except for the grips, which are made of checkered wood. It is very tough and is relatively heavy at 28 ounces unloaded. It is fairly blocky which makes it harder to conceal than many two barrel derringers are."

Aeron
                        Last edited by AeronPrometheus; 31 May 2008, 11:59 PM. Reason: The more you know...

Comment

This episode was an utter mess. So now Lee is president? Give me a fraking break. I hate politics in real life. Why I have to deal with it on a SCI FI show just drives me crazy. Tigh impregnates a Cylon ,attacks the admiral, and is now acting Commander? So first Starbuck goes on a gutsy mission and now Adama? It just seems the the producers took all the storylines and characters, put it into a launcher and "Boom" this is Season 4. Looks like Adama got the "I'm going crazy and don't know how to handle the situation" plot for this episode. They need to start to tie up those loose ends. I fear that there are way too many now, and will 12 eps be enough to tie them all up? Heck if this was not the last season I'd say, ok we have some new developments, cool, but it is the final season.
                          sigpic

Comment

There is only one possible reason why Caprica-6 is pregnant: ''Immaculate Conception''.
                            She is to give birth to the cylon messiah! It is the will of the Cylon god! Vade Retro Humanus In nomine Cylon Deus!
                            All good things must come to an end...
                            Canada Rule!!!

Comment

Loved that Athena and Hera are back together.

Just love Grace Park ...and the little girl that plays Hera is just
                              adorable.
                              Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pic-CollSwan View Post
                                Head!Cat
                                Just don't.
                                Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Working...
                                X