Sine Qua Non (408)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
    Sad to see Natalie go, I much preferred her character than Caprica. Very disappointed in Sharon
    I agree, Sharon screwed up big time on this. ok so she had visions & hallucinations - so what, that ain't an excuse for executing an unarmed person even if they're the "enemy" - Adama was right in that she betrayed his trust. Sharon knew full well that Nathalie would stay dead (no resship nearby at least as far as she knew & as far as we know, + damaged basestar so no downloading there either)

a pity about Nathalie, though I'll also admit I never saw in her more than some sort of "Caprica6 stand-in"
    they'd better not kill off Cap6

kinda disappointed in Lampkin too - he lost his only tether to a past he hopelessly clings to, so he wants to doom the rest of mankind along with him ? bad move there m8. selfishness at its finest. must be the lawyer in him I guess :/

good to see Bill & Saul's little quarrel didn't damage their friendship in any way, although with hindsight I guess that was foreseeable. I'd wager that even if (and when) Adama gets to find out about his friend's true origins this will change little if anything, although he might take offense at the fact that Tigh didn't confide in him (assuming he never does later on)

go go Lee, you're the best !

and last but not least...Jake is alive & well

Lampkin had better take good care of the little fellow

edit> one thing I don't get - the colonials know latin ?
    now the fact that they spoke or appeared to speak english could be interpreted in a way that didn't defy credibility - for example it was just some sort of "dubbing" from a non-terran language (kobolian or whatever) into english, much like in the Star Wars universe
    but in having Lampkin citing & Adama translate a piece of latin the writers were quite categorical : they do indeed speak latin, the same latin spoken back on earth. so...what the bloody hell ?
    Last edited by SoulReaver; 30 May 2008, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Wow. only just got to see this and it was a fantastic ep. Things just keep getting better. I guess I was wrong about Lee becoming Vice-President but my will he make one hell of a President. Roslin may get a shock when she gets back. Will she be pleased for Lee or will she be a bit miffed that someone stole her posistion. Cos something tells me that the fleet will end up not really wanting to let Mister Adama leave that spot.

Romo is back! Yay! He was once again awesome. I felt so sorry for him in the end though. But also YAY FOR JAKE! I love that dog! I was actually hoping Apollo was going to keep him when we saw him but it's good for Lampkin. But now a question remains. Was Romo Projecting the cat? Or was he just cukoo? I actually find myself hoping he's a cylon now that my Zarek being a cylon president seems to be shot out of the Window.

But now we have Cylon in command of the fleet. Admiral Tigh. I never thought I'd see the day. But Tigh is awesome so I'm quite pleased for him. I think Lee will keep him in check if he does something a bit mad. Though 6 being preggers is an interesting turn of events. Wonder how that's being dealt with. AND, since in season 1 the cylons felt that the thing that was missing to stop cylons from having children is love, does that mean Saul is in love with 6 like she was trying to get him to admit?
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        Wow. only just got to see this and it was a fantastic ep. Things just keep getting better. I guess I was wrong about Lee becoming Vice-President but my will he make one hell of a President. Roslin may get a shock when she gets back. Will she be pleased for Lee or will she be a bit miffed that someone stole her posistion. Cos something tells me that the fleet will end up not really wanting to let Mister Adama leave that spot.
        i too am happy with lee becoming president .....he really is a bright light in a dark and possibility never ending tunnel

new thinking,youth and lee has always had a good sense of right and wrong. plus the fleet loves him military and civilians
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I wasn't terribly impressed :/

The episode jumped around far too much, the pacing was all off, Lampkin was bizarrely wedged into the episode....really the whole thing felt awkwardly done. After GWCTD, I had very high anticipation for SQN but was tremendously let down.

Lee's selection as President was staggeringly predictable right from the get-go of this episode, which is really not pleasant in a BSG episode. Adama's departure was unexpected in a bad way. The sine qua non concept was a nice idea but it wasn't really explored very well....at all.

I honestly can't remember the last time a BSG episode has disappointed the way this one did (oh right, The Woman King). Maybe it'll get the 'Pegasus'/'Unfinished Business' treatment on the DVD release and it'll be halfway decent. Maybe.

Hope next week is better.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Wait wait wait...

Apollo's first name is Leeland?

Comment

poor guy
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AeronPrometheus View Post
                Gaeta, get him back on his fee-- I mean foot.
                Then that would really make it the pirate ship Galactica.

This episode made me fill with giddy happiness. Seriously awesome stuff, and holy crap they continue to shake up the status quo on this show! Never expected to see Adama step down! Loved that he used his callsign in the Raptor- bought time we saw him flying!

ADAMA AND TIGH IN A FISTFIGHT! "You know how many times I've had to repair this?" LOL!

This ep was all about the long running (b)romance between Tigh and Adama and Adama and Laura, and it's hard to say which one I liked more.

And then there was the Romo thing, the head!cat was really creepy and sad and I love it. Poor Romo. I adored the kitty, and I wanted him back.....but not in a gym bag. I don't like dogs, but I'll admit that it was nice to see Jake back- that he wasn't forgotten. And hopefully Romo will be a little less crazy. The room with the teeny tiny window made me laugh.

Also pretty sweet to see the perspective of the civilian people- to see Galactica jump away from the window of Colonial One, that was a great visual. This show still manages to find some pretty sweet firsts, and of course that end scene of sitting in the raptor putting on his glasses and reading as the camera pulled back was absolutely beautiful.

I want next week. Now already.

And after this whole Caprica Six thing, Helo has moved onto my Cylon Hit List.....Who'd have thought?

Comment

Is Ander's with the basester?
                  When in trouble, "send lawyers, guns and money!"

Comment

A solid episode.

Lots of nice moments focusing on Adama's relationship to Roslin. I never thought I'd see him step down, but Roslin is a great motivator.

Lee (Leeland?!) as president was an outcome I was expecting since Lee said no to Zarek's question early in the episode. It looks like his political career is finally taking off now.

Great to see Romo, and even though he was rather off his rocker, I liked it. He was so masterfully manipulative previously that he hardly seemed human; here we see his clever mind twisting about, trying to make sense of his tragic past. And the death of his poor cat--he really carried it around for weeks in a tote bag? Didn't other people smell it?

So, um, it's fairly certain that Saul and Caprica 6...yuck. And a major reveal that she is pregnant. I too think it's possible because he's a "different" type of cylon, being a final 5. I was kind of surprised that Adama chose to leave him in charge so soon after giving him that speech about judgement, but at the same time it is a testament to Adama's trust, and the strength of their friendship. And he certainly is a different man than the last time he was in charge.

Next week's ep looks promising.

Comment

poor Lee

Leland... *snickers* Joseph Adama

im still snickerin w/ the Leland thing..

yea i so think that Bill is so head over heals with Laura... the poor man just needs to admit it to her
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                        Didn't other people smell it?
                        Thank you! Dead cat, gotta be stinky. I could imagine that working on a civilian ship which might potentially be smelly. But he carried to colonial one several times and Lee(land) didn't notice or say anything? Maybe he was just being polite.....
                        Originally posted by CKO View Post
                        Leland... *snickers* Joseph Adama

im still snickerin w/ the Leland thing..
                        Hehe. Giggles abound with this one. I image the fan art with thought bubbles appearing above his and Adama's heads in that scene will start rolling in soon.....

Comment

Maybe Romo just febreezed the hell out of his bag?

Comment

Originally posted by AeronPrometheus View Post
                            That settles it, I'm moving to England.
                            Sorry, but today they announced they were not going to air either episode on the earlier dates.

Comment

Originally posted by nckzvnbr View Post
                              Is Ander's with the basester?
                              Yes he is and yes that is who Deeanna (the unboxed 3) is talking to in the coming attractions even though we do not see him, when she says you probably don't know that you are one of the final five....
                              Last edited by blazertrek50; 30 May 2008, 11:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post

I am very interested in the fact that Six is pregnant, any ideas as to how two Cylons are having a child when we were told they couldn't?

"
                                Now we know that cylons can have children with humans, The final five can have children with humans, and cylons can have children with the final five.

Well all we need is a normal cylon-cylon baby to complete the set. .

In all serious, I adored the episode, Romo's change in charactor is a shock for me, but it still makes since.

I know the fleet will be even more pissed when they learn their new commander is a cylon. They hated tigh before...

Well, I hope that Athena stays loyal to the colonials.

Still, I am left with a big "wow" and very impressed with the episode. My favorite scene is the Tigh-Adama brawl, just like old friends .

My only complant is that the episode seemed disjointed in places, however every "joint" was candy in itself, so I must put this in the top five episodes I have seen so far in the series.

Originally posted by Pic-CollSwan View Post

Caprica6 is pregnant but are we sure Tigh's the dad? I'm not saying it's not Tigh, I'm just not sure I'm ready to jump to that conclusion yet.

Well, the doctor would obviously see Six in her trimester before, as the two were together Months AGO, and she would be showing some belly... It has to be Tigh, because RDM hasn't shown us any scenes of Baltar physically going to 6, also, The doc sounded in his speech that he found Saul's DNA inside Six.
                                Last edited by Chev's Ron; 31 May 2008, 12:24 AM.
                                Ani Ohev Eretz Yisrael V'Chol Hakavod L'Tzahal.
                                -----------------------------------------------
                                I support Israel, my home, and my Jewish bretheren fully and with all my heart. I wish everyone I know in Tzahal health and safety!

Is loving the best addition to the Stargate Saga, known as Universe!

Comment

Working...
                                X