X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lady Snow View Post
    So... Romo projected a cat?

He's totally a Cylon.
    I actually just think, because of what he lost in the bombing of the 12 colonies, that he's gone a bit doo-la-li, which would explain why he's talking to an invisible cat whilst jotting down stuff on a white board.

I really liked this episode. I love Lampkin. Not too sure about Saul Jr inside Six though. We'll see how it plays out.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Six's pregnancy at this point does nothing to further the story other than to show the viewer that it is possible for Cylon species biological procreation, or at least between a SS and FF. More than anything I think that this plot device is to prepare the viewer for something to come. It may lead the viewer to question whether or not Helo, or even Cally, could be the last Cylon.

One thing I noticed about the Tigh/Six relationship was that it seems Six loves Tigh, and Tigh loves the Ellen that appears in Six. Six's words to Tigh sounded very loving and affectionate, even more so than when she talked with Baltar.

Romo Lampkin did not make any sense in this episode compared to the three he had been in. His whole tirade with pretending to intend to shoot Lee was confusing. Lee probably would have accepted the position anyway. I was expecting a better and more powerful use of Romo. To say the least, I was dissapointed with how they used Romo in this episode. Romo seems to be falling apart, something that Mark Shepard did very well. One observation about Lee by Romo I found enjoyable was that everything Lee had received in life had been handed to him, which would appear to be true. Lee then is as much a manipulator as Lampkin in that he gets people to do what he wants by making them think it was their idea. But whereas Romo is consciously manipulative, I think Lee does it unconsciously.

A question about the hub. What if the hub is in range but not a resurrection ship. Would a cylon consciousness downloaded be automatically boxed or would the conciousness cease to exist. I think a safety measure would be that the consciousness would be boxed automatically. If this is true, then Natalie may have a chance of being resurrected, unless the Hub was destroyed. I found it interesting that instead of the Ship (which Laura dreamed about) or the Opera House (which D'Anna dreamed about while being downloaded), Natalie dreamed/projected/death experience about a forest. Further, there was something in that forest that she reached out to, which is similar to the three that was killed aboard the basestar by the crazy centurion.
      Last edited by nckzvnbr; 28 May 2008, 12:15 PM.
      When in trouble, "send lawyers, guns and money!"

Comment

Originally posted by nckzvnbr View Post
        Six's pregnancy at this point does nothing to further the story other than to show the viewer that it is possible for Cylon species biological procreation, or at least between a SS and FF. More than anything I think that this plot device is to prepare the viewer for something to come. It may lead the viewer to question whether or not Helo, or even Cally, could be the last Cylon.

One thing I noticed about the Tigh/Six relationship was that it seems Six loves Tigh, and Tigh loves the Ellen that appears in Six. Six's words to Tigh sounded very loving and affectionate, even more so than when she talked with Baltar.
        I have to disagree with the Six loving Saul bit. She sounded like she was manipulating him because she knew that he thought she was someone else and she was using that to her advantage.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

oh and i would like to say how hot racetrack was during the EVA
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I'm (unforutnately) not in the UK. But I couldn't resist, and I'm not saying anything more...

I'm unclear why Natalie's dead (or if, rather) - isn't she in the 'Last Supper' photo? I was so sure she wasn't going to die. Hmm...

Romo and Head!Cat - how bizarre. Was Lee simply playing Romo or did Lee really not think of himself for the presidency? I'm thinking he was strategizing for himself all along, but not sure how I feel about that.

Caprica6 is pregnant but are we sure Tigh's the dad? He seemed shocked and perhaps he couldn't deny it because he doesn't know what he does when he's with her. She looks all Ellen-like and he gets mind-frakked (but does he get physically frakked, I dunno). I could see this as a misdirection. How long ago was Caprica6 on the basestar with Baltar? I'm not saying it's not Tigh, I'm just not sure I'm ready to jump to that conclusion yet.

I love racetrack!! If she's the final cylon I'll.... I don't know... kick something maybe. And throw a childish tantrum. I was so worried that they'd kill her off when she got out of the raptor.

Comment

It is never explicitly stated that Saul is the father of the child Six is carrying. However, if the recording instruments and gaurds typically obvserve the prisoner at all times other than when Saul is in there, then it is more probable than not that Saul is the father. Adama is smarter than to make baseless accusations and if one of the Marine gaurds was messing around with Six it would have been scuttlebut on the ship. Further, Six was with the fleet during the two months that Kara was gone and the 50 some days the Demetrius was gone. For Baltar to be the father, it would have to be an extremely long gestation period. The most reasonable inference at this point is that Saul is the father. Like I have mentioned above, I think the fact that FF can cause pregnancy in a SS is more important to prepare us for something later. Essentially so that it will be easier for the viewer to accept an idea that has some foundation rather than a "jump the shark" moment."

I also wonder if the fact that Natalie died, or at least she appears to have done thus, means that every person to the left of Six (red dress) (left from viewer's perspective) in the "Last Supper" photo is going to die. Natalie died, we assume Roslin will die.
              Last edited by nckzvnbr; 28 May 2008, 02:45 PM.

Comment

i think i caught a mistake

after lee is talking to zarek about about a search committee you wear a man asking zarek

"is the government in danger" he says "well let's face facts jim, the past 5 YEARS isn't a true government but a agreement with a military strong man and a political strong women.

the problem is "5 years"

the fleet at last check it only had been 2 and a half years since the attacks

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  oh and i would like to say how hot racetrack was during the EVA
                  I seriously thought she was going to bite it. This is how the writers surprise us now, we're steeled to the fact that half the cast is going to die so they confuse us by avoiding a perfect opportunity to take someone out.

And we learned the black dude's call sign. Skulls.
                  Last edited by AeronPrometheus; 28 May 2008, 05:07 PM. Reason: SKULLS! As in HUUUUUMAAAN SKUUUUULLS!!!

Comment

what is this last supper picture people are going on about?

this episode was mad, so many changes!
                    Im actually gutted that they killed natalie.. lets hope she isnt fully dead!

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
                    Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
                    SG1 -

Comment

The most important thing about this episode...Leland? LELAND?! Seriously? Have they mentioned that before? How did I miss that? No wonder he goes by Lee. What was Adama thinking?

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Loved it although the lack of Starbuck was not cool.

Adama and Saul fighting- I nearly died of love.

Natalie dying- not cool

Adama loves Laura- let's all say it... AW!

Adama risking everyone for his love for Laura- I may be a total A/R shipper, but uh... I wonder if he's taking chamalla right now or
                        Spoiler:
                        Laura's just awesome in the rack, one or the other

Caprica6 pregnant- Going with the Adama risking everything and everyone for Laura, it's turning into Days of our Galactica

Adama said something akin to "You found out a lot about yourself" and Saul's face toward the camera was priceless!

I had no idea that Bill could get hotter and sexier continuously through one episode. Doesn't that nominate him for some award? Like the Academy of "I'm frakkin Bill Sexy Adama"?

End shot brought the best of shipper in me. Can't help it and am slightly ashamed.

Over all a great episode!

Comment

Well I think Adama was put in a position where he had two choices: 1. leave the rendezvous point and probably never see Laura again because it would be likely she would already be dead from her cancer; or 2. go find her so that they could at least spend the remaining moments of her life together. Never seeing someone you care about ever again is a pretty powerful motivator. In light of his attachment to Rosland, I think his choice is understandable.

Comment

so who is saul's XO???

im hoping Helo

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              so who is saul's XO???

im hoping Helo
                              I think he's on the basestar, isn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by nckzvnbr View Post

I also wonder if the fact that Natalie died, or at least she appears to have done thus, means that every person to the left of Six (red dress) (left from viewer's perspective) in the "Last Supper" photo is going to die. Natalie died, we assume Roslin will die.
                                ACK!!
                                I hadn't thought of this, but...
                                ACK!!

Of course, EJO mentioned that it's like everyone dies - or something like that. Oh, I'm not going to like this, am I?

Except Baltar, I'm good with him dead. I'm not liking his storyline and I'm glad he wasn't in this episode. I hope RDM pulls a rabbit out of him.. erm.. hat (?)... for Baltar's story, but for now I think that plot stinks.
                                Baltar --- To the airlock!
                                You know Roslin should've done it...

Comment

Working...
                                X