Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blood & Chrome : News/Speculation/ General Discussion (Spoilers for Pilot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it really necessary to create a whole new series just for this plot? Don't see why this can't be done in Caprica. Move Caprica's story forward 10-15 years and add this plot to Caprica's existing story.

To be honest though, i'm really not interested in seeing another origin story focusing on the Adama's. I'm more interested in seeing a story focusing on the final 5. We know virtually nothing about them beyond what was given in the final season of bsg.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      I guess SGU gets another season and they'll cancel it after that. And we'll get new BSG
      That only if Blood an chrome is a success, which this no guarente off.
      Given Caprica terrible ratings. Nothing is guarenteed.

I suspect this is Syfy last throw of the dice, if it does not take off they will be walking away from the franchise altogether.

There first correct decision they made is that there no direct involvement of Ron Moor as of yet , let hope they get rid of everyone involve in caprica to.
      SGU I think will get at least a third season.

Comment

I think this is great news.

I'm crossing my fingers for a 13 ep season two to finish out Caprica that would lead into this. I know the chances for that are slim to none, but I can hope.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
          I think this is great news.

I'm crossing my fingers for a 13 ep season two to finish out Caprica that would lead into this. I know the chances for that are slim to none, but I can hope.
          Indeed ! And I'll second that idea !
          sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Hey waddaya know, the show I was so disappointed Caprica wasn't is actually going to get made after all.

I hope they reuse the same actor from the Razor webisodes to play young Adama because he absolutely nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post

I hope they reuse the same actor from the Razor webisodes to play young Adama because he absolutely nailed it.
              900% agree
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

He's on top of the list afaik, so yeah, he'll probably play the part
                Mia: Don't you hate that?
                Vincent: Hate what?
                Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                  He's on top of the list afaik, so yeah, he'll probably play the part
                  That would be great news.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

crapica's gone bring on my bsg

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      crapica's gone bring on my bsg
                      I, for one, enjoyed Caprica for the most part. I am sad it is ending.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        I, for one, enjoyed Caprica for the most part. I am sad it is ending.
                        i won't even make a effort to remember that it ever existed

Comment

I sure hope this Blood & Chrome idea can work out better.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            I sure hope this Blood & Chrome idea can work out better.
                            it will it's the same bsg forumal that gave us 4 years expect this time we get to see the entire colonial fleet kick ass

Comment

I tried to watch Caprica, I made it about 4 or 5 eps in and it couldn't force myself to go on. I didn't like any of the characters or the setting and it just generally bored me to the point I found myself looking at the clock to see how much more time there was before I could so something else.

This one should be much better.

Comment

Supposedly its less talky and moody than Caprica and even more gritty and action packed than the first BSG remake.

Syfy orders new 'Battlestar Galactica' series pilot
                                Holy frak!

Syfy has just ordered a new "Battlestar Galactica" series pilot.

The two-hour backdoor pilot chronicles a young William Adama's adventures during the first Cylon war.

BSG executive producer David Eick is back on board, though visionary showrunner of Syfy's first reinvention of the series, Ron Moore, is not.

The title is the very Spartacus-esque: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome

Official description: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome takes place in the 10th year of the first Cylon war. As the battle between humans and their creation, a sentient robotic race, rages across the 12 colonial worlds, a brash rookie viper pilot enters the fray. Ensign William Adama, barely in his 20’s and a recent Academy graduate, finds himself assigned to the newest battlestar in the Colonial fleet… the Galactica. The talented but hot-headed risk-taker soon finds himself leading a dangerous top secret mission that, if successful, will turn the tide of the decade long war in favor of the desperate fleet.

“The ‘Galactica’ universe as re-imagined by Ron Moore and David Eick is rich with possibilities and backstory,” said Syfy programming head Mark Stern. “We jumped at the chance to revisit the William Adama character and explore this exciting chapter in the BSG narrative which falls between the events of the original series and the prequel, ‘Caprica,’ currently airing on Syfy.”

“While maintaining the themes of politics, social propaganda, and the timeless question: what does it mean to be human? – ‘Blood & Chrome’ will also return us to the authentic, relentless depiction of combat and the agony and ecstasy of human-Cylon war, which was the hallmark of ‘Battlestar Galactica's’ early seasons,” said David Eick.

Still no word on whether Syfy's other BSG series, Caprica, will get a second season. Syfy says they have not yet decided, and stressed that the Blood & Chrome order will not impact the fate of Caprica (obviously with the Stargate franchise Syfy showed they're willing to have overlapping titles from the same creative universe as long as each pulls its weight).
                                Link: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blo...alactica-32184
                                Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Working...
                                X