Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blood & Chrome : News/Speculation/ General Discussion (Spoilers for Pilot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sblade View Post
    Not even the name is original. I predict this show will crash and burn too. BSG itself was never a ratings champion, and I suspect the dark and gritty atmosphere and soap elements from the previous shows will stay.
    Gooood.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Errr...what does Shawn Ryan adapting Tom Clancy have to do with this?
      sorry...wrong link ^^ ....but Tom Clancy (although off-topic) is also great news.
      sigpic

Comment

Nice....Bye Bye Caprica and hello Blood and Chrome !
        sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
          Nice....Bye Bye Caprica and hello Blood and Chrome !
          Actually, I'd prefer it if Caprica stays on air along with B&C
          Mia: Don't you hate that?
          Vincent: Hate what?
          Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
          Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
          Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
          - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Here's the press release.

LINK
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

This is to replace SGU

Comment

Originally posted by globex View Post
                This is to replace SGU
                bite your tongue! this is going to run along side SGU 3 years from now!

/a guy can hope cant he?

Comment

Squee!

Will RDM have any involvement in this other than a roundabout "based on a reimagining by" credit?

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                    Actually, I'd prefer it if Caprica stays on air along with B&C
                    That would work for me. Whatever the case may be though, at least the world of Battlestar will live on.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
                      Squee!

Will RDM have any involvement in this other than a roundabout "based on a reimagining by" credit?
                      'based on RDM's battlestar galactica' ?
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Interesting that this is now a full-fledged 2-hr movie/backdoor pilot rather than a web series.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Interesting that this is now a full-fledged 2-hr movie/backdoor pilot rather than a web series.
                          I think it's quite exciting, actually. I was not expecting this at all.

On the other hand, it will be seen by many as an attempt to counter Caprica's poor ratings with the space opera format... but it's good news nonetheless.
                          sigpic
                          Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

I guess SGU gets another season and they'll cancel it after that. And we'll get new BSG
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                              I think it's quite exciting, actually. I was not expecting this at all.

On the other hand, it will be seen by many as an attempt to counter Caprica's poor ratings with the space opera format... but it's good news nonetheless.
                              Personally I don't think so. They've said right off the bat that B&C will likely be a 2011 premiere, and IF it gets a series pickup, that won't air till 2012 at the soonest. If Caprica's lousy ratings do it in, it'll be a whole lot sooner than that.

I'm with you though, I'm very pleased to know that this is getting the movie treatment. Gives them a much broader story canvas to work with; not to mention a (likely) much bigger budget.

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                              I guess SGU gets another season and they'll cancel it after that. And we'll get new BSG
                              I'm putting SGU at 5 seasons, Caprica getting a short-order Season 2 and then ending, and then B&C launching as a series. As long as we're making sweeping future predictions
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This is what Caprica should of been!

I'd love to see how they get the war to last so long without either side winning
                                And Galatica in her glory! (anyone for a plot about the corner cutting they found at the end of BSG?)
                                The Final Five!
                                Daniel!
                                The invention of Hybrids!
                                Why the Centurions lost their free will!
                                What happened to that girl in the cylon body!

Exciting!
                                Dalek: You are an associate of the Doctor. Records indicate you will show mercy.
                                Song: I'm River Song, you better check your records again.
                                Dalek A moments pause: Mercy!
                                Song: Louder!
                                Dalek louder: Mercy!
                                Song: One more time.
                                Dalek panic: Mercy!!!

Dalek dust drifts away.

Comment

Working...
                                X