Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blood & Chrome : News/Speculation/ General Discussion (Spoilers for Pilot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey gang -

With Syfy finally airing Blood & Chrome, we're opening up an official discussion thread for the whole 2-hour movie here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...a-Blood-Chrome

I'll leave this thread open, but please do head over there to talk about the movie / miniseries itself. Hopefully we'll get an influx of new viewers who didn't previously watch it online. Thanks!

Comment

Anyone have any info on what kind of ratings Blood and Chrome pulled?

Comment

Originally posted by dietrich View Post
        Anyone have any info on what kind of ratings Blood and Chrome pulled?
        Didn't even make the top 25 for cable channels the night it aired, beat by series like Storage Wars, Pawn Stars, and House Hunters, SpongeBob, and oh yeah, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
          Didn't even make the top 25 for cable channels the night it aired, beat by series like Storage Wars, Pawn Stars, and House Hunters, SpongeBob, and oh yeah, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.

That's it. I hate humanity.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
            Honey frakkin' Boo Boo? Jesus wept...
            Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post

That's it. I hate humanity.
            Preach the word, oh my brother.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Hating everyone on Earth because they didn't do something as pointless as watch a TV show seems quite strange. Their are far worse reasons to hate people
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

It's not a question of hating everybody, just the ********s who watch these truly terrible TV shows.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

It got about the same as the Monday shows get, if I remember correctly. ETA -1.145 million viewers, 0.31 A18-49

I don't think that's too bad for a show that has already been out there with the webisodes and was up against the Grammy's, Walking Dead and OUAT. Maybe not good enough to get a series pick-up though. Who knows?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                    It's not a question of hating everybody, just the ********s who watch these truly terrible TV shows.
                    But that is the problem with such line of reasoning. What right do we have to judge just because we don't like a TV show that its terrible? It seems just as strange to hate people just because they watch TV shows that we do not like
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      But that is the problem with such line of reasoning. What right do we have to judge just because we don't like a TV show that its terrible? It seems just as strange to hate people just because they watch TV shows that we do not like
                      Again, I'm not saying I hate everyone who likes bad TV - I'm sure you could find fault with some of the stuff I watch.

It's just I find it impossible to fathom how stuff like Honey Boo Boo (which I'd never heard of until a couple of months ago, and had to look up on Wikipedia) gets commissioned in the first place?
                      sigpic

Comment

Thats the problem I have though. Its arrogant for us to judge what is good and bad. Others might say science fiction is bad TV
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I guess it all comes down to money.

Honey Boo Boo will cost much less to make per episode than BSG.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thats the problem I have though. Its arrogant for us to judge what is good and bad.
                            Well, that's the basis of all art criticism. (Then again, art critics are often accused of elitism if not arrogance.) There's a lot of art and music that can't be fully appreciated, or intelligently judged, without some amount of education in those arts. And there are measures with which to intelligently argue the superiority and inferiority of works. The key is to offer reasoned arguments, rather than gut-level preferences. Doing so is time-honored activity. Doing so isn't inherently arrogant, although individuals might well do it arrogantly.

Comment

There was no way I was going to rewatch this when the back half of S3 of The Walking Dead was premiering that night. (not that I matter as I don't factor into Neilson ratings)

But you'd think the two shows would have somewhat similar audiences so it's a no-brainer which one to pick between the two if you happened to like both.

I seriously doubt Skiffy cared what the ratings were as they never had any intention of going any farther with it.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

Thats the problem I have though. Its arrogant for us to judge what is good and bad. Others might say science fiction is bad TV
                                I think the perspective we are looking at is not down to personal taste per say but to the quality of things, take the various movies out there say for example the Shawshank Redemption, that film itself might not meet peoples tastes for various reasons but in watching it you can tell the movie is still well put together and is off a better quality compared to the various Asylum rip offs that come and go each year!

Now compare any Scripted show from Supernatural to Doc Martin, both shows are different both have different viewer bases but both are liked and hated by others but both shows are made to a decent quality.

Now most reality including Honey Boo Boo are just cheap, they are mass produced because they are cheap and there is nothing redeemable about these shows, they find the worst people to generate their fake drama and to basically pull the modern day "freak show" to draw people in, just think about it for the moment how often do you see a well spoken articulated person on any of these shows and how often do you see the "lets get dem gators" type of slow low brow folk.

I guess another analogy to use is having two meals, one meal is a home cook roast, with vegtables hand peeled and cooked and gravy made from scratch. Now meal 2 is a frozen in a packet "roast with vegetables" which only needs to be microwaved. Both can be eaten by people but it is not hard to figure out which is the better made out of the two.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X