Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blood & Chrome : News/Speculation/ General Discussion (Spoilers for Pilot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Esquin View Post

No something else is going on. I have no idea what. But for some reason they just don't want to let Australian's seen this product. Frankly that disgusts me.
    But why would they want that? Machinima paid for this to be seen on their youtube channel (or I assume they did.) Why would they willingly block people from seeing it unless there was some kind of conflicting laws or something regarding it being able to be viewed. Especially seeing as how other countries are getting it.

According to this article, almost 50% of the channel's views come from outside the US. Where's the incentive to block it? Obviously there is something from someone requiring Machinima to block it.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

Exactly lonestar. Why would they block it? There is no reason to. Yet they do it.

There aren't any laws preventing them, if there were then I would be blocked from seeing half of youtube. If I can watch official tv and movie trailers, things like Forward Unto Dawn, and other videos I should be able to watch this.

Comment

Its completely different when a company uploads something to YouTube versus your neighbor down the street. The company is aware of the laws and rights they are govern by in addition to the laws of other nations. In addition they a more direct relationship with the people who run YouTube. That neighbor knows so little which is why he (or she) just uploads regardless and has a greater chance of having videos delted or account suspended. It makes no business sense to ban people from a country from viewing a web series and limit profit. Therefore the most rational answer is that their are laws in Australia limiting a person from watching web series. I say Australia as we have seen people in Europe have no problem watching the episodes. Again it makes no business sense to limit availability in Australia suggesting its a legal issue
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

There is a big difference from blocking a massive site like youtube - heck the net nannies at work let that one through, and not allowing a specific web series.

I would say, with all due respect, lose the persecution complex and start looking at things rationally. It's not a grand conspiracy against aussies, it is most likely legal issues of some sort. No company would logically block thousands of viewers without a reason, likely a reason that costs them money or will cost them money.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I have to agree there, the only thing that makes sense is that broadcasting it to Oz would violate one of their laws. It's a free show, what other reason could there be to lock anyone out?
            sigpic

Comment

You'll probably find that the Australian distribution rights are in the progress of being sold or have been sold and therefore the geolocking. It sucks but we Aussies are used to getting the wrong end of the stick and ripped off.

I like what I've seen so far and will definitely be buying the bluray if/when it's made available here.
              -

Comment

Think of it as the rest of the world's revenge for inflicting tribute bands on us.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by spratty View Post
                  A series does not need to be 20 episodes most British shows are only around 8-12 per season, that said I doubt I can see a show like BSG getting produced from kick starter funds sadly tv productions do not embrace that method of funding.
                  BBC Hunted cost 10 million pounds for 8 episodes, so you can see even a 8 to 12 episode show would require a lot of money. Hunted did not even require major sets to be built or any use of CGI
                  Last edited by knowles2; 26 November 2012, 01:29 PM.

Comment

It fraking sucks that i cant watch it
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

If anyone's got $250 going spare, there's a piece of Blood & Chrome concept art for sale on eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-C...item4abef792a4
                      Last edited by BruTak; 29 November 2012, 01:26 AM. Reason: Typo.
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Brief interview with Luke Pasqualino conducted by the Huffington Post - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bryan-...b_2201931.html
                        sigpic

Comment

Craig Engler @Syfy tweeted this morning in response to "Q) @anotherlab Any chance of a "Blood and Chrome" series? The webisodes are very good "

"A) If the #s for Blood & Chrome are good online, when it airs on Syfy, and when it hits DVD, we'd love to continue it in some form. "

That's a lot of ifs and when's but who knows?
                          sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Seen the first 6 online eps.. Liking what i have seen though they seem to use a LOT of the older cast (inc many from Razor/bsg pegasus)

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                Seen the first 6 online eps.. Liking what i have seen though they seem to use a LOT of the older cast (inc many from Razor/bsg pegasus)
                                It could have been great mini-series, at the very least, like the three-hour BSG pilot that aired in 2003.

Comment

Working...
                                X