Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blood & Chrome : News/Speculation/ General Discussion (Spoilers for Pilot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    k no more than pre-teen then. there was @least 10 years difference between them in the series
    Wow, they actors are only about 5 years apart in RL. I still don't think they were quite that far apart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_James_Olmos

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_McDonnell
    Posting at.............
    http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
      So the pilot will just be a one-off TVM? Any differences between it and the web series in terms of content?
      a bit more flesh and swearing I'd expect, it was quiet obvious where they'd dubbed in the clanging of a spanner being dripped in an earlier episode to blank something out and the "love" scene was non-existent in the last one.

AFAIK this is the backdoor pilot, Syfy just decided not to push forward with it as a series after this was produced.

Comment

Originally posted by Graybrew1 View Post
        Wow, they actors are only about 5 years apart in RL. I still don't think they were quite that far apart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_James_Olmos

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_McDonnell
        oh well. there's chronological age & there's biological age. I reckon she's a bit luckier than him

Comment

CNN interview with David Eike and Luke Pasqualino - http://edition.cnn.com/2012/11/30/sh...ies/index.html
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Not strictly speaking B&C related, but still connected to BSG.

There's a group of Swedish nutters who plan to run a BSG themed LARP event on a decommissioned Swedish Navy destroyer in March of next year.

http://www.celestra-larp.com/

I wish them the very best of luck with it.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
              The full pilot will be launched on February. Why they are airing it as a webseries for now is beyond me.
              I have heard 2 possibilities.

1) to check ahead of time what the fan base thinks, so they can make any changes needed
              2) to gauge whether it will do well or not.

Comment

So the last episodes are online! I was waiting for that cameo but it was too short...

Comment

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
                  I am really enjoying this so far! I really hope that the SyFy airing pulls in some big numbers to make them reconsider their former decision and greenlight this to a series, never got into Caprica but loving this!
                  The very fact they aired it online was, imo, to make sure it doesn't get high ratings when they air it on Syfy. Many people will already have seen it on youtube. And they barely advertised it would be on youtube so the youtube numbers are going to be low.

Listen. Syfy does not want to make an expensive space based scifi show. They want to kill Blood and Chrome. I strongly suspect they only announced it because they had just cancelled SGU and Caprica and fans were in an uproar.

NOTHING in what Syfy has done over the last two years would lead anyone to think they are going to go back to being a real scifi based network. They are going with ghosts, reality and wrestling. They want to keep the old scifi fans but only at a very minimal cost. And a space based scifi series is out of the question.

Comment

I'd like to think that Tech Sgt. Xander Toth is still out there, somewhere, waging his own personal one man war against the Cylon hordes.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                      I'd like to think that Tech Sgt. Xander Toth is still out there, somewhere, waging his own personal one man war against the Cylon hordes.
                      Xander Toth
                      Lest We Forget

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                        Not strictly speaking B&C related, but still connected to BSG.

There's a group of Swedish nutters who plan to run a BSG themed LARP event on a decommissioned Swedish Navy destroyer in March of next year.

http://www.celestra-larp.com/

I wish them the very best of luck with it.
                        That would be awesome!
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          That would be awesome!
                          I was having a bit of a think about it, and reached the conclusion that there's no way in hell that you could pull it off in the UK. The Health and Safety police would be crawling up your backside as soon as you put in your proposal.

For a start, I can't think of any suitable ships. For a once proud seafaring nation, the UK seems dreadfully embarrassed by its maritime heritage.

You could maybe, maybe run something similar in a decommissioned military base. Set it on Cylon occupied Caprica or something.
                          sigpic

Comment

Final episode:

Am I the only one who finds this Adama a wee bit annoying? He's got a hot crush on the scientist chick and gets all swooned over by it while acting like he's the reasonable one for trusting so readily the cagey scientist who wouldn't even tell them anything. Then he acts all shocked and betrayed like OMG! when the truth came crashing down on him. I guess the commander of Galactica describes him best: a cocky SoB....
                            "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
                              Final episode:

Am I the only one who finds this Adama a wee bit annoying? He's got a hot crush on the scientist chick and gets all swooned over by it while acting like he's the reasonable one for trusting so readily the cagey scientist who wouldn't even tell them anything. Then he acts all shocked and betrayed like OMG! when the truth came crashing down on him. I guess the commander of Galactica describes him best: a cocky SoB....
                              To be fair, though, this is the late teenage/early 20's Adama. Very different personality than the Adama that goes through the war and later becomes commander of the ship.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah I was gonna say the same, I know I'm certainly very different now to what I was 25 years ago.

I didn't know someone was going to put their voice to something, so it was quiet a surprise to hear those words are you alive, but saying that, doesn't that ignore the "canon" established by Anders by him saying they created the skinjobs? (I'm thinking specifically that skinjob - I know she wasn't technically a skinjob but still, what are the chances the final five would choose the same voice a few years later).

TBH I'd have preferred to see Adama get introduced to Ty in the final scene instead of hearing her voice (even though that would break canon too).

All in quiet a good film that keeps within the BSG mythology, and I agree with gkyun, the motives behind this are quiet clear to see, they realised how much it would cost to produce a series like this solely on green screen and decided it was easier to do whatever they could to kill it rather than produce it. Shame.

Comment

Working...
                                X