Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blood & Chrome : News/Speculation/ General Discussion (Spoilers for Pilot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I like Tech Sgt. Toth. He's my kind of nutter.

Wonder if he's named after the late Alex Toth?
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I'd love to watch Blood and Chrome but Machinima prime are a bunch of *******s who restricted the ability of people outside the states to watch it.

Comment

Really? I'm in the UK and I've no problem watching it.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Try again Esquin, I got the "video is not available" message and I'm in the U.S. - reloaded the page and it was available again.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
            Really? I'm in the UK and I've no problem watching it.
            I'm in France and it's working for me too.

Comment

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
              Sorry about that."

So all you guys have managed to show is that they're specifically singling out Australia to not be able watch this. I appreciate the clarity, but mostly now im just pissed off more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin View Post
                "The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
                Sorry about that."

So all you guys have managed to show is that they're specifically singling out Australia to not be able watch this. I appreciate the clarity, but mostly now im just <snipped> off more than anything.
                Sorry to hear that. Now the new Sy Fy website is up and running try voicing your complaint there. If enough people complain to them there it might get something done.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee View Post
                  Sorry to hear that. Now the new Sy Fy website is up and running try voicing your complaint there. If enough people complain to them there it might get something done.
                  Unlikely. They are bound to FCC laws and the rules of the production company.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Just a thought. But it makes sense to me that Sy Fy will want to sell the DVDs in as many places as they can, and getting the webisodes aired in as many places as possible would be good advertising.

I just think that if they don't have clearance to show in NZ and Aus, the production company might be more inclined to sort out getting it if there was a reasonable number of people from there asking for it, and the obvious place to start would be the Sy Fy website, instead of posting here, where nobody who matters will see it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Doesn't australia have rather strict limits on content? I know that the BBC (england, yes, i know) edited some episodes of stargate to remove scenes they found 'inappropriate'. Is it possible that Aussieland has similar things and Blood and Chrome may not be deemed 'appropriate' by the rules of the country?
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, the BBC never had the rights to Stargate SG-1. It was Channel 4.

You may be thinking of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which the Beeb shoehorned into an 1800hrs timeslot and edited the hell out of.
                        sigpic

Comment

Whichever station it was, a british network did edit the heck out of sg1.

Craig Engler is on twitter, has anyone thought of NICELY asking him why?
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            Doesn't australia have rather strict limits on content? I know that the BBC (england, yes, i know) edited some episodes of stargate to remove scenes they found 'inappropriate'. Is it possible that Aussieland has similar things and Blood and Chrome may not be deemed 'appropriate' by the rules of the country?
                            Yeah I think it does. I know that it does for some video game content. For example The Walking Dead game by Telltale was not released in Australia this year on Xbox Live Arcade because of their censorship laws. And that's just a point and click type game. (though I haven't played it so don't know how violent/graphic it is.) The company explicitly stated that that was why they didn't release the game to them.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              I doubt it. We never had any issues with TV censorship here. The reason problems arose was because video games didn't have a proper ratings scheme. That's been mostly resolved now.

No something else is going on. I have no idea what. But for some reason they just don't want to let Australian's seen this product. Frankly that disgusts me.

Comment

Oh and for the record, machinima prime won't even respond to complaints so I've pretty much given up on even getting an explaination of this.

Comment

Working...
                                X