Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blood & Chrome : News/Speculation/ General Discussion (Spoilers for Pilot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Episodes" 1 and 2 are out.

"Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed the first two episodes.

By the way, what happened to the Syfy forums? They went down the minute it was announced Blood and Chrome would air on Machinima. They also took down the link to the forums on the Syfy website?

Comment

I also really enjoyed the two eps. Great start to the series, I hope they continue like this. The opening sequence was very cool, definitely a good start although the webisode length is going to get annoying really annoying really quickly.
          Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

I hate the fact that there's only going to be like 10 episodes and that's it. SyFy will later show this as an tv movie and they will be done with it.
            It looks very good and I don't understand why they didin't picked up for a full TV Series.
            Seriously, where are all space sci fi tv shows right now? It dosen't seem there's any left. I would totally watch this if it was a TV Show.

Comment

Originally posted by T-N-Z View Post
              I hate the fact that there's only going to be like 10 episodes and that's it. SyFy will later show this as an tv movie and they will be done with it.
              It looks very good and I don't understand why they didin't picked up for a full TV Series.
              Seriously, where are all space sci fi tv shows right now? It dosen't seem there's any left. I would totally watch this if it was a TV Show.
              I reckon a TV movie is the best they could manage. A full series would probably be too expensive to justify when taking into account the potential ratings for shows like that (however much it appeases the fans), on SyFy no less!

sigpic

Comment

Looks good so far! It's going to be even more frustrating when it ends...

And I just noticed at the end that the unrated dvd/blu-ray version will be released on February 19th.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                  Looks good so far! It's going to be even more frustrating when it ends...

And I just noticed at the end that the unrated dvd/blu-ray version will be released on February 19th.
                  From what I heard, there will be extra content (about an extra 1/2 hour worth) on the DVD release? Can anyone verify this - as I can't find the link where I saw this originally.

Apart from that, the webisodes are very nostalgic. I think that it is a shame that BSG has been the ONLY show that i've seen, which actually makes you feel like there is an actual proper war going on with spaceships ... and that there is no 'magical' save-the-day technology or solution that the protagonists have to find, but the way to win is through skill, numbers and strategy! I find it very disheartening that nothing else can manage to pull this off, but even the BSG webisodes, with a miniscule budget, can!

Unfortunately the webisodes are not made available in Australia - however, there are other means of watching them if you know what I mean....

Aussie_86

Comment

Oh my, I miss BSG.

Considering the money that's been put down on this, I really don't understand why SyFy have not aired this yet, unless Machinima are dropping a packet on the rights of course.

I've watched the first two parts and what can I say, only twice was it glaringly obvious they were on a green screen, the only thing I didn't like was the bloom and lens flair, but I expect that was thrown in to throw the viewer off a little, draw your attention away from the green screen stuff.

Such a shame this will probably be all we get, the story even seems reasonably good too.

GRRRRR I HATE YOU SYFY, mostly.

Comment

WOW EVERYONE WATCH THIS def worth the watch even got that awesome actor that always stars on stargate.

Comment

This is better than nothing. Didn't think this would ever be seen anywhere at the rate it was going. *goes off to watch what's been posted so far*
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                          This is better than nothing.
                          My friend, you just hit the nail on the head.
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie_86 View Post
                            From what I heard, there will be extra content (about an extra 1/2 hour worth) on the DVD release? Can anyone verify this - as I can't find the link where I saw this originally.
                            It would be great but it might just be nudity/breats/penis shots here and there like in "The Plan".

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                              My friend, you just hit the nail on the head.
                              Get a little enjoyment out of it at least.

Looks good so far. Literally. I know they put work into the pilot hoping for the pick up, so I would have never expected that much in every ep but even storywise so far I think this ep is good. Even the acting is good so far. I wasn't too sure about that guy they had announced for Adama way back when, but he could have worked. I wanted the pick up because I love BSG and enjoyed Caprica for what it was. Would have liked at least another season out of Caprica. Would have been interesting to see things from the perspective of the first Cylon War. Oh well.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

The thing is, he looks enough like Eddie Olmos that you can imagine he's a younger version.

Even if in the photo we see of a younger Adama (the pic of him with the young Lee and Zac in front of the Mk. II Viper) he looks more like the Fonz.
                                sigpic
                                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X