Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey, wasn't Firefly cancelled for having bad ratings?
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
      Oh don't bring that up.....

Comment

You mean after Fox played the episodes out of order? Not playing the pilot until the last episode aired? And then moved it around and didn't promote it or even give it a chance of ever catching on?

Comment

... but wasn't it still cancelled for having bad ratings?
          Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

So those guys are judging BSG on ratings, right? Do any of them like Firefly? Because that's a massive contradiction of all of thier points if so. I'm not saying that Firefly's bad cuz its awesome, but if they hate BSG because of its ratings then they can't possibly like Firefly.

EDIT: And they must absolutely adore American Idol.
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

So those guys are judging BSG on ratings, right? Do any of them like Firefly? Because that's a massive contradiction of all of thier points if so. I'm not saying that Firefly's bad cuz its awesome, but if they hate BSG because of its ratings then they can't possibly like Firefly.

EDIT: And they must absolutely adore American Idol.
              *sigh* One of television's greatest tragedys.....

Thumbs up on the American Idol comment.

Comment

Every single argument they make is one-dimensional, meaning it only works in conjunction with BSG. Mention any other show in the same situation, assuming the scenario also makes the other show = crap, and the board suddenly goes quiet or the troll quickly changes the subject.

Seriously, I can name 10 cable shows off the top of my head that have shown ratings declines in the last year or so, all which which are considered good, if not downright awesome by fans, some even by critics. Take one look at "The Shield", it lost about 2 million from last season. Look at "Rescue Me". Move into network TV and you see the same thing. 24, Prison Break, Lost...the list is LONG...

Yes a lot of people watched the re-imagined season-1 but things are not as rosy as you picture it, the writing has got worse and the show has lost many of its fans. Say what you want about x302 but his graph does not lie. After the soap opera and poor continuity there are very few Battlestar fans left and no I'm not talking about the hardcore turfs where the TOS fanatics like the Spiders, IEatCylons and the StallionCornells hang out.
                It doesn't matter that it doesn't lie. It matters that he posts it every chance he gets when and where it shouldn't be posted. He'll enter a topic, make a random pot-shot at the show, then post it. Post it in the ratings topic, not the 300 other ones. Add to the fact that it's mean-spirited to begin with.

Scifiunited doesn't even cover the show anymore,
                Do a www.Alexa.com traffic data search for scifiunited. Then do one for gateworld or www.scifi.com/battlestar/. Yeah, thought so. Even in the off season the BSG site is getting 40x the traffic.

Regular sites like trekbbs, imdb, Twop, rottentomates, dvdtalk and the scifi sites like fireflys have grown more hostile to the show and very few fans can be found there
                Maybe because their not BSG sites?

the battlestar magazine got cancelled,
                And the Playstation magazine was, too. Your point? A tri-monthly 5 page magazine has no future with a show that's only on the air 3 months a year. I'm one of the biggest BSG fans there is, but I wouldn't touch that magazine if it were handed to me. I'm amazed it lasted as long as it did.

the show has been pulled from I-tunes
                Heroes, too. Guess that's going off the air soon huh? NBC was told to get lost from iTunes after they were telling Apple to raise the price per episode to $4.99. But here's the kicker, I know you knew about this fact. You didn't see an article on the web that said "BSG getting pulled from iTunes because it sucks!", you saw one that read "NBC shows no longer to be sold on iTunes" or "Battlestar to no longer be available at iTunes". You read the article for the reason why. Perfect example of "reaching" for ways to bash the show, no matter how hollow they are. Some people will buy it; anyone remotely informed about something their using to argue a point won't.

and the last season won't get broadcast until '09
                And that has what to do with BSG's quality?

Colonial fleets which used to cover the series with enthusiasm now act like Ron Moore & D.Eick's version never existed
                See: www.alexa.com
                Millions of viewers might have tuned into the show once up a time but they don't anymore. The season three finale got a 1.2, new episodes constantly get beat by re-runs of Lost and Startrek now that's TERRIBLE!
                Yeah, that is pretty terrible. But that tells me more people watch Lost and Star Trek, which is a fact. So I don't get it. Whenever CSI airs a rerun, it normally beats out new episodes of whatever else is on that night. It's called fanbase. BSG has and always will have a small one.

God damnit I did it. I just de-aged 5 years and did the internet warrior thing again. I find myself annoying at this point.
                Last edited by Chricton; 01 October 2007, 09:01 PM.
                Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Working...
                X