Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This show is depressing I mean I watch for fun not to be depressed.

Comment

It is not a ratings success and it has actually succeeded in driving fans off (Colonial Fleets have outright banned GINO from their forum, and they’re the biggest Galactica site on the web) while failing to garner any new fans to support the show.
      Colonial Fleet dropping BSG is the only arguement he seems to have. And they did not drop it becasue they did not like the series they dropped it because of what happened on the pegesus to 6. The admins / owners over there felt that the writers went too far.

Anyway this spider guy needs to get a hooby, or see a doctor. To devote so much time to a thing you hate....can we say obsessivee.

Comment

I didn't watch much of the original series and therefore I don't have much of an opportunity to comment and critique on how different the two are. I feel it boils down to TOS being a little cheesy and campy while the new series is darker, grittier, more depressing, more realistic, and the characters are much more flawed. Some fans like that, some fans don't. I find the new BSG to be a perfect contrast to the Stargates, which definitely lean on the light, campy side.

I am curious as to who the first poster claims is the "one good actor" on the show though.

Originally posted by Chricton
        Scifi doesn't even pay for all of Battlestar, they "share" the cost with Sky One. Had you done a little research you would understand that. The high end episodes during season one never broke 1.5 million. Average episodes cost 1.2 million. Reduced 500,000-700,000 from the 2 Million it would be without Sky One's involvement.
        I know that Sky One was helping with the costs for BSG in season one, but it was my understanding that Sky One did not help for season two. Is this true? Does anyone know the arrangement for season three?

Comment

All I remember about the first series is that Boxey had funny hair and I wanted a Daggit like nobody's business. I have been bits of eps of the original series in more recent years and I found it kinda cheesy and plodding and a little bit sexist. The new series is an entirely different animal.

Now, if you wanna talk "re-imagining" travesties, how about old Planet of the Apes vs. new?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
            I know that Sky One was helping with the costs for BSG in season one, but it was my understanding that Sky One did not help for season two. Is this true? Does anyone know the arrangement for season three?
            For the life of me I can't find the article, but I remember there was one about Scifi securing Sky One for season two. As for season three I have no idea.

I'd say we got the better version.

And I think the actor Spider is referring to is Olmos.
            Last edited by Chricton; 17 March 2006, 12:55 PM.
            Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
              I am curious as to who the first poster claims is the "one good actor" on the show though.
              Well, obviously it's Kavan Smith. Duh. Of course, he was only in a couple of scenes of one ep, but talent like really shines through.

Seriously, though, it's gotta be EJO. Everyone else is just candy fluff. But oh, such yummy candy fluff...

Comment

Originally posted by IEatCylons
                This show is depressing I mean I watch for fun not to be depressed.
                Go watch a sitcom.

Comment

I like the fact that Moore admits that in season 1 he ripped things off from TV shows and movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
                    I like the fact that Moore admits that in season 1 he ripped things off from TV shows and movies.
                    Yeah people act like it's this big deal when they notice a similarity between Moore's BSG and the original or some other show or movie. It was never a secret! Moore was fooling around, experimenting, trying his own take on an old idea, which is how the mini was created in the first place, a new take on an old poorly done idea. When Moore made the mini he did it with out the expectation of it going into a series. The hope was there, you always hope you can score a series, but there was no expectation. So when they got picked up for a season Moore could flex his creatvity a bit more and since re-visiting an old idea and making it god worked so well with the mini he did the same thing several times in the first season with other ideas.

Comment

How can you make a sci fi serie thats completely original?

It's impossible, Stargate SG-1 is original..... the storylines have rip offs to.

And it's not a bad thing, however with BSG the drama it's intense!!!!

He used the same concept of the original show, only the content is completely different. I have seen many Sci fi show and BSG is the best show by far.
                      .:Humanity's Children Are Returning Home:.

Comment

Technically, SG-1 is a rip off of the original movie. Since we're going to extremes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          Technically, SG-1 is a rip off of the original movie. Since we're going to extremes.
                          Even then the basic idea of an alien device for instantaneous travel via wormholes isn't even original, nor is the alien parasite idea. Its all been done a thousand and one times before in science fiction literature at one point or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
                            Oh, please... Here's what really fracks me off about this kind of idiotic argument - have any of the people who crap on about 'MooreRon' the artistic klepo, noticed that Glenn A. Larson 'ripped off' sources from The Book of Mormon to Virgil's The Aeneid (a rag-tag band of Trojans, their city destoryed by a duplicitous enemy under a false flag of peace, flee in search of a legendary refuge... a place we know today as Rome)?
                            Last edited by Craig Ranapia; 18 March 2006, 07:24 AM.

Comment

I really wish people would at least TRY to be coherent when they're saying something. I can't be bothered to try and decipher the first post. Is it ALL original content? Is the whole thing stolen from another site? Is it the author's opinions, or someone else's? Or is it all of the above?
                              Amen to that, sister. I lost the will to live two sentences in on the original post. Who has time - or enough headache pills - to decipher who said what where to who and when?

<dizzy>

Albion
                              Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                Well, obviously it's Kavan Smith. Duh. Of course, he was only in a couple of scenes of one ep, but talent like really shines through.

Seriously, though, it's gotta be EJO. Everyone else is just candy fluff. But oh, such yummy candy fluff...
                                Doh, I forgot about Kavan. FOR SHAME!! *slaps head*

I figured it was EJO as well, though I was curious to see if it was MM. I wouldn't dare put her in the candy fluff category. She'd probably toss me out the airlock.

Comment

Working...
                                X